Gaming Pokemon Not Obeying

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just smack 'em around a bit. Show 'em who's the alpha male!

No seriously, having badges does help.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it frankly,

Traded Pokemon need time for them to respect you, often times when you trade Pokemon, they are still emotionally attached to their previous trainer, which is the reason for their obscene behavior.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0 badges allows you up to Lv. 10
2 badges allows you up to Lv. 30
4 badges allows you up to Lv. 50
6 badges allows you up to Lv. 70
8 badges allows you up to any level

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Fellow said:
To put it frankly,

Traded Pokemon need time for them to respect you, often times when you trade Pokemon, they are still emotionally attached to their previous trainer, which is the reason for their obscene behavior.

LOL Thanks DR. Phil.

It's a game, you need badges to control them.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Traded pokemon over the level your badge limits you will not obey you (let's say you got the first badge and your friend trades you a Lvl 100. It won't obey you), whereas your own pokemon even if it's over the badge limits, will obey you no matter what (let's say you have 1 badge and you are crazy enough to train your.... squirtle to Lvl 100).

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
Gerinych said:
Wait, that's actually true? How do you know that he's disobeying you? Seriously, I never had a disobeying pokemon and I want to know what it looks like.

They don't look different, they just don't use moves when you tell them to.
Yep, instead they just get pummeled by their opponent or use randomly selected moves, most often things like growl or leer.

iDamage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic84 said:
0 badges allows you up to Lv. 10
2 badges allows you up to Lv. 30
4 badges allows you up to Lv. 50
6 badges allows you up to Lv. 70
8 badges allows you up to any level
haha my pokemon are usually over the badge stuff =]

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an exception though
wink.gif
In Pokemon Yellow on the GBC, you can trade your Pikachu to some other version, say Red or Blue, and feed him some Rare Candies (Or level him up with some legit means XD) and then trade him back to Yellow, and he will still obey you no matter what level he is, or how many badges you have.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyperlisk_ said:
There is an exception though
wink.gif
In Pokemon Yellow on the GBC, you can trade your Pikachu to some other version, say Red or Blue, and feed him some Rare Candies (Or level him up with some legit means XD) and then trade him back to Yellow, and he will still obey you no matter what level he is, or how many badges you have.
ROFL those were the good days of pokemon... mmm....longchu

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
moozxy said:
Isn't this common knowledge? Srsly who hasn't played pokemon yet?
I play Pokemon, I just almost never trade. And if I do trade, I don't use the pokemon in battle, that's just for Pokedex.
Also the strange thing is that, when I played through Pokemon FireRed, when I beat one gym leader, he said that his badge "will make pokemon under lvl ?? (forgot which one) obey you, even those obtained by trade"

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gerinych said:
moozxy said:
I play Pokemon, I just almost never trade. And if I do trade, I don't use the pokemon in battle, that's just for Pokedex.
Also the strange thing is that, when I played through Pokemon FireRed, when I beat one gym leader, he said that his badge "will make pokemon under lvl ?? (forgot which one) obey you, even those obtained by trade"
Yes, but you need the badges to make them obey. If you have pokemon above level ??, from trades or not, they will sometimes ignore you in battle.

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hyperlisk_ said:
Gerinych said:
moozxy said:
Yes, but you need the badges to make them obey. If you have pokemon above level ??, from trades or not, they will sometimes ignore you in battle.
No I mean someone here said that only traded pokemon above the ?? level will not obey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup