Hacking Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wii Music Ripping Help

64Star

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I extracted the music files from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon WiiWare games, but they're .smd files, what am I supposed to do with them? Is there a way to play them? Did someone upload high quality rips before? I want to hear the music in the highest quality possible.

Attachments

• PMD Music Files.bmp
    430.5 KB · Views: 270

64Star

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looping Audio Converter doesn't work. And I already listened to the rip by pocket monsters music and it's a pretty old rip, (the rip is uploaded in 2012) so it doesn't sound like it has the highest quality. From what I saw on Poke Community (I can't post links yet, so just search "PMD .smd files" and click the Poke Community link that says "Research: PMD 2 music format .smd") the .smd files are also used in the PMD Explorers games, but when I used the Psycommando's AudioUtil from their PMD utilities on the .smd files extracted from the Wiiware games, it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Looping Audio Fail.bmp
    866.5 KB · Views: 269

64Star

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be specific, when I drop a .smd file from the wiiware games onto the utility, nothing happens. I'm curious as if there's a version for the WiiWare version of the .smd files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)