Status
Not open for further replies.

King Boo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Umm idk why but when I apply the patch to a clean rom (yes I got the proper patch v.02, not the one for an already patched rom) but when it patched the first time it trimmed it to 35.4MB and I put it on my R4 and it didn't work, it froze after the Nintendo Logo. This also happened on the YSMenu for R4 and NO$GBA Emulators. I patched the clean rom again and it came out as 34MB but did the same :?

If anyone else is having this problem please tell and if they fixed it, also tell thanks.
(No stupid suggestions from R4 user haters saying to buy a better card or some BS like that...)

What's your rom's name? The name must be 'pmdeos' and you shouldn't play the game trimmed because it would cause glitches. In the patcher you must type 'pmdeos.nds', this name is with the extension '.nds'. Don't write the name of the rom without its extension. Good luck
wink.gif

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, that really sounds weird. I can patch the rom with other names. But may be I found your problem, if the rom's name contains a space, my batch file crashes. And if the name contains a comma, xdelta.exe crashes. So, the rom's name can be everything, but must not contain a space or a comma.
Also, it's much easier to drop the rom on the batch file.

Every rom I have are trimmed and they cause no problems at all.
You must patch the UNTRIMMED rom or patched rom (v0.1).
The patched rom (v0.2) must be 85.0 MB in size (89.194.916 bytes) otherwise the patching failed somehow.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok so I renamed it pmdeos.nds and open the batch and drop pmdeos.nds on the command prompt window thing, press enter and it does a whole lotta stuff really fast and then shuts down, no patched rom.
I type the name pmdeos.nds into the cmd window and press enter and now outcomes a file that is only between 18kb-3MB ._.

btw the original file was just called cvn-pmd.nds

ok i renamed it cvnpmds.nds removing the -
patched with V.01 and success outcomes the 87MB rom working tested on no cash emu.
I'm now gonna try the update 0.02 and see what we get ^^

Success again, ty for the help you guys, keep up the good work Grovyle you're helping a lot of people!
yaynds.gif

King Boo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Ok so I renamed it pmdeos.nds and open the batch and drop pmdeos.nds on the command prompt window thing, press enter and it does a whole lotta stuff really fast and then shuts down, no patched rom.
I type the name pmdeos.nds into the cmd window and press enter and now outcomes a file that is only between 18kb-3MB ._.

btw the original file was just called cvn-pmd.nds

ok i renamed it cvnpmds.nds removing the -
patched with V.01 and success outcomes the 87MB rom working tested on no cash emu.
I'm now gonna try the update 0.02 and see what we get ^^

Congratulations ^^ Enjoy the game
wink.gif
(I'm in the episode 4).

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kreatur84 said:
Grovyle91 said:
Thanks.
Here you go.

Version 0.2 (22 April 2009)
  • Most dungeons translated
  • More menus translated
Download patch for untrimmed rom (802 kB) | Download update patch for v0.1 (718 kB)
what patch do i need? the first or second?
i used untrimmed rom and want to have the newest patch.
THX 4 the translation

Sorry, the second link is an update patch for the previous patched rom (v0.1). If you haven't used this patch before, the patch for the untrimmed rom is required. Both patches are v0.2 and thus the same.

Alright, I assume the filename must contain alphanumeric characters only, if patching fails. I'll edit my first post so that everyone knows.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i just use the 2nd patch?
mustn`t patch the first and then the second?
sorry my english is not so good,i won`t understand wrong
smile.gif

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kreatur84 said:
ok i just use the 2nd patch?
mustn`t patch the first and then the second?
sorry my english is not so good,i won`t understand wrong
smile.gif

If you haven't a patched rom yet, then you'll need to use the patch for the untrimmed rom.
If you do have a patched rom (patch v0.1), then you'll need to use the update patch.
You only need v0.2 and not v0.1.

In your case, you haven't patch v0.1, so you'll use the patch for the untrimmed rom
wink.gif

Patch v0.1 is just a backup patch now, just in case v0.2 crashes or something you can always fall back at the previous patch.

QUOTE(Giratina3 @ Apr 22 2009, 07:38 PM) i tried to path a mystery dungeon sky rom with "pmdeos.nds" as the name, and i get a file thats 0 KB ? any help? i really want to play with a few translations
smile.gif

I guess you use a trimmed rom, to apply this patch, you'll need to use an UNTRIMMED rom (which is 128 MB).

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
the rom i have is of the size 128KB and i still cant do... can someone send me a patched one please? or upload somewhere... this translation could make the game a lot easier! thanks for your help
smile.gif

alo123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice second update also i was wondering if you were going to translate the questions at the start that let you choose a starter pokemon because i always end up with shinx and i want rilou

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Giratina3 said:
the rom i have is of the size 128KB and i still cant do... can someone send me a patched one please? or upload somewhere... this translation could make the game a lot easier! thanks for your help
smile.gif

128KB?!? Did you mistyped it or something and should it be 128MB or is it really 128KB? Otherwise it's no wonder why it doesn't do anything.
I assume you mistyped it, try to edit the batch file by right clicking and click edit. Type on the end with a new line "Pause", try to patch it again. If the command window stays open it usually gives an error, if not, then the problem lays somewhere else. Are the files in the same folder?

Kreatur84 said:
ok thanks now i know how to.^^
THX good luck for finishing the translation
np
wink.gif
tnx
smile.gif

QUOTE(alo123 @ Apr 22 2009, 11:59 PM)
Nice second update also i was wondering if you were going to translate the questions at the start that let you choose a starter pokemon because i always end up with shinx and i want rilou
Hmm... I don't know as I think there are new questions, also, I haven't found these texts yet. When the time's there I'll take a look.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
My bad man... 128MB* me and my mistyping i dont know
tongue.gif

Now a problem... i done what you said, and typed on a line "pause" and i still get the patched file of a size 0KB.... seems i have to wait unless someone can load me up a patched rom already on the net somewhere...if not, i suppose ill wait
tongue.gif

Grovyle91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonnl.co.cc
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, another possibility, try to SHIFT right click on the folder where the files are, then click on Open Command Line or something simular (I'm Dutch so yeah, I don't know it exactly
tongue.gif
and I don't know if it works on WinXP (Vista do)).
Then type the name of the batch, then you'll be asked to provide the rom's name.
If something goes wrong there, you'll see it instantly I hope
smile.gif

Then something I remember right now, are you using Windows? Because the patcher is only for Windows.

Pokemon??

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't use this program.
When i drop the rom on "Apply patch.bat", nothing happens. the new rom doesn't appear.
i thinks i had a untrimmed rom but you can share your rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1