ROM Hack Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX Help Needed - Floor Warping, Item Cheats, and Team Preservation

Rednoc Nivert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to recruit Eevee at Joyous Tower is a nightmare. You can't take things in with you, and it's 99 floors, so if you recruit an Eevee or 4 on the floors it's available (13-19), you either have to try and drag this weakling back through the 99 floors, or pray you find an Escape Orb.

1) I have done countless various searches and tinkering, and cannot get the RAM editor to lock on to 'current floor' to allow for fooling the game that I'm 98 Floors in. Why is that?
2) Would I be able to lock on to HP of the pokemon in my party as guests, and nail that in place so they are immortal until I make it out?
3) that 'inf item warehouse' code floating around doesn't seem to do anything for me. What am I doing wrong or how do I use it?
4) Would there be a way to magic items INTO my inventory mid-dungeon? How would I go about that?

Last edited by Rednoc Nivert,

TGG181

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for the floor warping, have you tried manually editing the floor number via edizon? ive heard people have had mixed results.
i havent had much luck with the infinte item warehouse code either so i couldnt advise on that.
also as for infinite health on picked up partners during a dungeon, the only thing i can think is of finding out what the health value would be for the eevee at the level it joins your team in the dungeon, searching for that value in edizon and editing that value, or editing the actual level of the eevee? i havent tried this so i cant attest to it, but i could be a viable way?
hope this helps, if not feel free to virtually bitch slap me lol

Cryzies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to recruit Eevee at Joyous Tower is a nightmare. You can't take things in with you, and it's 99 floors, so if you recruit an Eevee or 4 on the floors it's available (13-19), you either have to try and drag this weakling back through the 99 floors, or pray you find an Escape Orb.

1) I have done countless various searches and tinkering, and cannot get the RAM editor to lock on to 'current floor' to allow for fooling the game that I'm 98 Floors in. Why is that?
2) Would I be able to lock on to HP of the pokemon in my party as guests, and nail that in place so they are immortal until I make it out?
3) that 'inf item warehouse' code floating around doesn't seem to do anything for me. What am I doing wrong or how do I use it?
4) Would there be a way to magic items INTO my inventory mid-dungeon? How would I go about that?

Inf warehouse means withdraws from storage doesn't make storage count go down. Bring bank orbs to access items mid dungeon if dungeon allows items. Maybe give it to a pokemon and use it mid dungeon? Just a theory. Withdraw deposit for infinite items. There are plenty of HP cheats for player and partners, why not use those

Try page-1002 of the cheats request megathread

Last edited by Cryzies,

Rednoc Nivert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, Joyous Tower doesn't allow you to take items in, so it's been luck of the draw on finding an Escape Orb to leave early, or going down far enough until my recruits get massacred and I rage quit.

Rednoc Nivert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the floor warping, have you tried manually editing the floor number via edizon? ive heard people have had mixed results.
i havent had much luck with the infinte item warehouse code either so i couldnt advise on that.
also as for infinite health on picked up partners during a dungeon, the only thing i can think is of finding out what the health value would be for the eevee at the level it joins your team in the dungeon, searching for that value in edizon and editing that value, or editing the actual level of the eevee? i havent tried this so i cant attest to it, but i could be a viable way?
hope this helps, if not feel free to virtually bitch slap me lol

Eh, you're along the same lines of my thinking, so I don't think a bitch slap is in order. Here's an update a few days later, though:
- I spent way longer than I would care to admit with trying to hone in on the Floor # via Edizon and after countless attempts I've given up. On the times it finds a match, it doesn't do anything when I change it, and sometimes it won't find it at all.

- The Infinite Item Code doesn't work how I thought it did. It doesn't magic 999 of every item into your vault, but it does make it so when you withdraw items, the numbers don't go down. So if you have 1 Joy Seed, for example, you can withdraw it, and you'll then have one in inventory and 1 in vault. And then you can deposit that, and now you have 2. Pull out those 2 and now you have 4. The code lets Kangaskhan's storage accrue more items, but doesn't deplete when you take stuff out.

- As far as editing the level of the Eevee, Pokemon recruited in Dungeons are treated as 'Guest' Pokemon until you leave the dungeon in a non-failure manner (escape orb, mission complete, reach the end, etc. If you 'lose' the dungeon and get KO'd all your fresh recruits that just joined you will jump ship and you do not get to keep them). These guest Pokemon have HP values but do not have visible values for anything else, so I have no way to see their stats, and as far as I can tell they don't have the power to gain EXP until they are 'finalized' as recruits on dungeon exit.

- Finding the Eevee's HP value and nailing that in place with Edizon would presumably be easy, but I didn't get around to doing it, my latest run I found an Escape orb on 2F and so once I got my eevee haul on floors 12-15 or so, I just bailed and it worked.

Killa_kelvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inf warehouse means withdraws from storage doesn't make storage count go down. Bring bank orbs to access items mid dungeon if dungeon allows items. Maybe give it to a pokemon and use it mid dungeon? Just a theory. Withdraw deposit for infinite items. There are plenty of HP cheats for player and partners, why not use those

Try page-1002 of the cheats request megathread
Bank orb is for money not items ..

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had issues finding the right address for stairs. On the chance I do find one, it doesn't usually do anything when I change it.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've had issues finding the right address for stairs. On the chance I do find one, it doesn't usually do anything when I change it.
Stairs or floors?
Floors are easy to find for the current dungeon to go from Floor 5 to 95 for example, but I can't make a cheat (I'm not skilled enough about pointers/dynamic cheats) as it's dynamic adress, and the adress change everytime, even for the same dungeon.

Killa_kelvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stairs or floors?
Floors are easy to find for the current dungeon to go from Floor 5 to 95 for example, but I can't make a cheat (I'm not skilled enough about pointers/dynamic cheats) as it's dynamic adress, and the adress change everytime, even for the same dungeon.
Did it take long to find ? What was the process ?

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In answer to your question 2, yes apparently the recruited pokemon are treated like pokemon you own. I don't know how to make cheat codes at all but it's the third pokemon of whatever team you have +1DE8 =your first recruit. That's how I got it to work in Yuzu using this cheat table https://gbatemp.net/attachments/rq_species_ability-zip.200156/. I initially got it by searching the name of the recruit (example Machop and converting that to hex and putting 00 between each of the letters) and searching painstakingly through however many entries there were manually (and since I didn't have machop I didn't have to worry about editing other machops by accident) until I looked for something that looked like a pokemon. Then, I looked at machop's stats in game and converted the numbers into hex because I didn't know what stat corresponded to what and after verifying that the pokemon I had was the recruit I tried editing the number that looked like the health. Since it changed in the game, you can probably edit the recruits. Maybe that might help. I'm not sure.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for floor warping, I'm pretty sure it's the same for everyone. 1F = 1, 2F = 2 and so on and so forth. So say I'm on floor 1 and want to get to floor 99. I am on floor 1, I scan 1, I am on floor 2, I scan 2. I am on floor 3 and I scan 3. Floor 4, scan 4. Floor 5. Scan 5. Now I should have the possible addresses and can change the floor number to 98. Going up the stairs will bring me to floor 99.

Some dungeons are really tricky because multiple values will look like the number and you might need to change them all. And the next time you enter a dungeon, even the same one, the address will change so even though your floor numbers might look like they're going up you'll need to scan all over again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for eevee, it can be in the pool of fainted pokemon. So if you can't change the species of a pokemon into another one or edit the floor number on your switch or transfer your save over and do it in yuzu or make your recruits invincible, but you do have an infinite items cheat, you can bring, say, 50 pure seeds, 2 apples, 1 xray specs which you equip to your leading pokemon and 2 escape orbs. I've seen eevee as a fainted pokemon in Silver trench and it should be in other dungeons as well. The game will always show you the fainted pokemon on the floor before anything else so you can pure seed up floors and pray that eevee will spawn and if not escape orb out. (Two escape orbs because fug sticky traps)

Eevee can also be a special request pokemon where it joins your team on the bulletin board missions but I am unsure if certain things make a species able to be a special request client

Last edited by DestinyFeather,

Chicken0895

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stairs or floors?

You were right. I tried it again and was able to get it working. I don't know much about pointers either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.