Dstr8ction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

i'm having a problem with the o3DS (EUR) of a friend of mine. Somebody else set up A9LH+Luma on it and as far as I can tell, he didn't use Plailects guide for it.

I converted my friends cartridge of Pokemon Moon (EUR) into a .cia-file, using my o3DS XL (also EUR) with A9LH+Decrypt9 WIP (both latest versions), because he wanted to play it w/o the cartridge when I told him this was easily possible. Then I installed this CIA on my friends 3DS using FBI 2.4.6 on Luma 6.6.
But everytime I try to launch the game out of the home menu, the "3DS" logo appears, but then instead of starting the game, the 3DS just turns off without any error message or special behavior. When I turn it on again, nothing seems broken but works totally normal.

I already tried the same process with another game (Mario Tennis Open -> catridge to CIA -> installed on my friends 3DS via FBI) and it works just fine, the game perfectly starts out of the home menu.
Then I also tried removing Pokemon Moon installed from my CIA and downloading+installing it via CIAngel on the 3DS, but the problem remains - the "3DS" logo appears, then the 3DS shuts down quietly.

Does anybody of you have any idea how I could figure out what the problem is or how to fix it?

[SOLVED] The problem was an outdated version of LumaCFW which the updater didn't cover because of another bootmanager. Manually updating Luma helped and the game works now.

Last edited by Dstr8ction,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Sun & Moon are extended memory games, therefore on O3DS they reboot the console. It sounds like the reboot patch is broken.

Update to the latest version of Luma and see if that solves anything first. If not, it'll take a bit more troubleshooting.

Reactions: Dstr8ction

Dstr8ction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the fast replies.
I don't have the cartridge in the 3DS while starting the installed CIA.
When I got my hands on it, Luma was on 6.3 and Luma Updater was not installed. I installed it and updated Luma to 6.6, the Sys version of the 3DS already is on 11.2. After the update of Luma I deleted the game and reinstalled it via FBI, but it didn't help.

Last edited by Dstr8ction,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast replies.
I don't have the cartridge in the 3DS while starting the installed CIA.
When I got my hands on it, Luma was on 6.3 and Luma Updater was not installed. I installed it and updated Luma to 6.6, the Sys version of the 3DS already is on 11.2. After the update of Luma I deleted the game and reinstalled it via FBI, but it didn't help.
Why don't you try downloading the game with freeshop and see if that solves your issue. Maybe there's something wrong with your conversion.

Dstr8ction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why don't you try downloading the game with freeshop and see if that solves your issue. Maybe there's something wrong with your conversion.
That is why I already tried to download the game via CIAngel, but it didn't solve the problem.

Did you fully erase it from the SD or did you just uninstall from fbi?
I deleted the game via the 3DS system settings (is that the wrong way to delete things you installed with FBI?).

But I also found something else: I just started Luma Updater again and although I already updated, it still shows me that Luma is on 6.3.
Another try - another fail, Luma still seems to be on 6.3. How can I update it, if the Updater doesn't work?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I also found something else: I just started Luma Updater again and although I already updated, it still shows me that Luma is on 6.3.
Another try - another fail, Luma still seems to be on 6.3. How can I update it, if the Updater doesn't work?

Go here, and get the arm9loaderhax.bin, and manually replace the one on the root of your sd card

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the game via the 3DS system settings (is that the wrong way to delete things you installed with FBI?).

I find it best to use fbi to uninstall if you installed a game with ciangel/f-shop/fbi-QR.
If you place something on your SD, then install with fbi, you should uninstall via fbi, then manually erase from your SD.

Dstr8ction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pokemon Sun & Moon are extended memory games, therefore on O3DS they reboot the console. It sounds like the reboot patch is broken.

Update to the latest version of Luma and see if that solves anything first. If not, it'll take a bit more troubleshooting.

Go here, and get the arm9loaderhax.bin, and manually replace the one on the root of your sd card

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Thank you!
It works perfectly now on Luma 6.6. The problem was, that the guy who set up A9LH+Luma used another bootmanager, else than the one that Luma comes along with. I assume that is why the updater didn't work and also replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the SD was not enough. I also had to replace the file in SD:/luma/ and now it shows me that Luma 6.6 is installed and the game starts as expected :-)

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I find it best to use fbi to uninstall if you installed a game with ciangel/f-shop/fbi-QR.
If you place something on your SD, then install with fbi, you should uninstall via fbi, then manually erase from your SD.
-------might double post; 'post reply' is lagging?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!
It works perfectly now on Luma 6.6. The problem was, that the guy who set up A9LH+Luma used another bootmanager, else than the one that Luma comes along with. I assume that is why the updater didn't work and also replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the SD was not enough. I also had to replace the file in SD:/luma/ and now it shows me that Luma 6.6 is installed and the game starts as expected :-)
Awesome, glad it worked out! Have fun with pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs