Homebrew Pokemon Moon save transfer (JKSM) to new console not working

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong? I export the save data from 3ds console #1 to a folder, copy it to the other console #2, use JKSM to import the data from the folder on SD and Moon will not start. It says the save data is corrupted. The only way to get Moon to start after this is to hold down Up+X+B at the N logo screen.

On the old console #1, I have played up to the first gym master, kahuna, whatever.

Immediately before the attempted import, I played the game a little on console #2 and got up to the first opportunity to save, then saved and quit.

After deleting all the save data with Up+X+B, I tried importing again with JKSM. There was no error in JKSM, but Moon will still not start and says the save data is corrupted.

My exported save is a file called "main" and it is 441855 bytes in size. Both consoles are running the latest Luma, and have been A9LHed. Both consoles have the game installed from CIA.

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should backup the game on console #2 with JKSM once, and then import your save.
The game also use extdata for several things, so export and import that too.

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still does not work. After backing up console #2's save game, I can successfully restore it with JKSM. Restoring console #1's game still results in a corrupted save file.

I tried to export ExtData on Console #1, but JKSM says there is no ExtData.

I notice the save files are not the same size. Console #2's save file is 441856 bytes in size. Console #1's is 441855.

azerti1304

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For transfer save Pokemon, I begin with a new character, save when miaous come in my room.
Export save with Jksm.
Go on PC with SD card.
On my PC ,open the main file of my old save with Pkhex. I click save bak. I select my new save (main file) in Jksm on SD card.
Boot on 3ds, in jksm import save.

Last edited by azerti1304,

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out. The save file was corrupted. I was running ftpd on the 3ds to copy JKSV/Saves/Pokemon_Moon/main to my computer. Somehow, it corrupted the file. (Maybe ftpd thinks files without an extension are text?)

Removing the SD card and using a card reader to copy the file to console #2, the save was restored by JKSM no problem. No need to play around with pkhex or do anything else special.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want an easier way of wirelessly transferring files, use microsd management. If you're on a n3ds, it's built into system settings. If you're on o3ds, search up the cia on that iso site.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like imagine a flash drive but over the network, super simple to use, and has a better gui, since it uses the default file browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte