Gaming Pokemon Migration

SP0RK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a slot-1 Cyclo DS and a slot-2 EZ Flash IV Lite and am wondering how to migrate Pokemon from Fire Red/Leaf Green to Diamond/Pearl. I've tried loading D/P through both the Cyclo DS and through the EZIV's DS loader but neither detect FR/LG. As far as I understand, I'm supposed to beat the Elite 4, obtain the National Dex, and reach the Pal Park on D/P (which I've done). A menu is supposed to show up the next time I start the game asking if I want to migrate any Pokemon but I haven't been able to get it to show up. Any ideas?

Primworm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are using a legit cart right? to my knowledge you cant transfer if its not a legit cart. The menu, once you unlock it, should be on the title screen, and will show up when you have your cart inserted. Happy Transferring!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only flashcarts you can migrate pokeymans from are the M3 Real GBA expansion (or an M3 Perfect used as a GBA expansion, either way the M3 Real is required) or the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 (requires a patched Diamond/Pearl rom, but should work with any slot 1 cart).

You will not be able to migrate your pokeymans with the flashcarts you have.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bad mistake
nyanya.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to have seen all 150 shinnoh pokes.
You must beat the entire game, 8 gym leaders and elite 4.
Then you need to visit Pal Park.

Once you visit Pal Park, you should be able to restart Pokemon and see the Migrate tool in your main pokemon menu. You need an official GBA cart, or possibly a 3-in-1 with the Poke GBA game flashed to the NOR flash so it would act as an official game. I would try, but my DS is not on me right now.

SP0RK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. Does anybody know if there is a way I could migrate them using a DS emulator and uploading the .sav files to my PC?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that should work with most slot 1 flashcarts.

You may have issues if the slot 1 flashcart you're using auto-patches the Diamond/Pearl rom to link with an expansion pack. The EZ-V and the M3 Real do this. I don't know if it's a problem on the Real, but you have to downgrade an EZ-V to a very old kernel to get Diamond/Pearl to link with a legitimate GBA Pokemon cart.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that if one has an older gba cart (like firelink) that has a multiboot shell this wouldn't work... Am I correct in assuming that?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is correct, but not because of the multiboot loader. The DS Pokemon roms have to be patched in order to read the save from a GBA flashcart (even for non-migratory linkage), and the only patches that currently exist are the one for the 3-in-1, and the one built into the M3 Real's loader.

The only slot 2 flashcarts that can currently be used for DS GBA Pokemon linkage are the 3-in-1 (with any flashcart), or the M3 GBA expansion or M3 Perfect with the M3 Real.

If you're talking about other DS games (that don't try to read the save from the GBA cart), then yes, the multiboot loader would prevent linkage from working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has...