Gaming Pokemon Let's Go Favorite Moments?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are a few days removed from the release of the Pokemon Let's Go games and I'm wondering if everyone is starting to get the warm fuzzies with this game. I'm sure that Nintendo is banking on millennials to become hype and honestly I am. I really want to know how everyone here feels about this game. Are you ladies and gents creating new moments and memories that you'll cherish years from now? I honestly can say that I am.

I knew that this game would be a first "more traditional" Pokemon game for my wife but it's also the same for our daughter. For the past two nights we sat in our living room, (to quote Vin Diesel) like a family, and played Pokemon around each other. Dammit it gives me the warm fuzzies! I sit back and I think: man, this is why I'm a Nintendo gamer! My wife and daughter playing multiplayer, docked, while I play in table top mode so that we can compare our progress.

I'm trying my best to not get too far ahead of the Mrs. so I'm hanging out in Cerulean City waiting for her to finish Mt. Moon. It's been a blast to share with her something that I enjoyed in 9th grade that she somehow missed out on. I still hold onto the memories of my mom teaching me how to play Super Mario bros and showing me every warp pipe. To be able to share another Nintendo game with the people closest to me is worth more than the money I spent. Hell, the three of us even went to the GameStop midnight launch just to "be there".

Last night we got our first gym badge and I enjoyed watching our separate strategies. My wife brute forced her way with Eevee, only changing to Pidgey once, to see Pidgey crushed and switch back to Eevee. On my side I decided to level up my Oddish and then tackle the gym, beating everyone with one hit knock outs. The Mrs. strategy reminded me of how I was as a teen before realizing that Pokemon types really do matter and it's not just about that Pokemon's level. It's the little things like that, at this moment wishing my lady would wake the heck up so we can continue out Pokemon journey :rofl2:.

Is this game, "Pokemon Yellow on easy mode"? Yes! Even to the point that a Pokemon noob like my wife thinks that "level up" sharing is silly AF. Can the "Let's Go" games work along a main Pokemon game? Hell yea! I look forward to a "Let's Go" for Gold and Silver. I don't want Nintendo to forget about traditional Pokemon games but I do think that the two styles can coexist and would serve to make more Pokemon fans in the long run. Now, if only they could explain the damn timeline. My rival is too damn nice and we got Gary calling himself "Blue" also being nice. Finally, did Team Rocket decide that it would be cool to try their old schemes for a second time? If this game takes place after Ash's and Gary's adventures then it seems like Team Rocket has a serious case of nostalgia, LMFAO!

Reactions: NekoMichi and thmo_

KingKoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try playing through the game without catching Pokemon all the time. There is no Pokemon game without gind , just so happens u dont have to smack around Pokemon to grind, no, u can catch them and then send them to prof Oak for some cruel experiments and even get stuff in return. Such a bummer....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My favourite Moment so far was when i realized Ill have to trade for Alolan Vulpix but can fit Alolan Raichu in between. And when i saw that pay day was a tm and that tms are indefinetely useable. I like comfy gimmicks.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to buy this game.

I didn't want to play this game.

I didn't want to like this game.

And yet, I am sitting here, chaining Charmanders for a shiny. Because it's Pokemon and I couldn't resist it.

and i love every moment of it

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I own this screenshot, so don't @ me.

But I find this game to be quite a meme-churning machine of amazing material.

46294184_2242172546064957_3244330312993341440_o.jpg

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try playing through the game without catching Pokemon all the time. There is no Pokemon game without gind , just so happens u dont have to smack around Pokemon to grind, no, u can catch them and then send them to prof Oak for some cruel experiments and even get stuff in return. Such a bummer....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My favourite Moment so far was when i realized Ill have to trade for Alolan Vulpix but can fit Alolan Raichu in between. And when i saw that pay day was a tm and that tms are indefinetely useable. I like comfy gimmicks.

There is grind in the game the game just is not "grindy." I've had moments where I found myself seeking out trainers just to battle and gain more Pokeballs and XP. I get that it's silly that all Pokemon gain XP at the same time but the game isn't on "super easy" mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over