Pokemon Leaf Green Flash 2 Advance Save Error

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by CorvoSol, Jul 22, 2011.

Jul 22, 2011
  1. CorvoSol
    OP

Newcomer CorvoSol Member

United States
    Hey, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, and if not, apologize profusely for the error. Anyway, I've got an old Flash 2 Advance 256 with Pogoshell and have Pokemon Leaf Green running on it so I can transfer some of those tasty Event Pokemon that are more or less unavailable in Gen 3 over to my copy of Fire Red, but I have encountered a bit of snag along the way.

Every time I load up the game, it tells me my save has been deleted, and begins to play the intro with Prof. Oak. I've managed to get the .SAV file into both the folder marked .saves and the Sram banks, but neither of these methods seems to work. Do I need to patch the game, or is there something else I have overlooked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this one, thanks so much!

2. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Not sure tbh. I have always gotten an error when loading my save on Leaf Green. It always says it's going to boot from the last save, but other than the message, works just fine. I have never tried to adjust the save file though.

3. CorvoSol
    OP

Newcomer CorvoSol Member

United States
    Hmmm. I dunno what to do, then. I've tried googling pretty much every version of this question I can come up with, and all has been to no avail. Anybody know of any patches for Leaf Green? Maybe I'll just patch it up and see if that somehow fixes it.

Okay, tried patching and it has not helped. Anyway I can link VBA to an actual GBA?

4. CorvoSol
    OP

Newcomer CorvoSol Member

United States
    Okay, so I'm trying Fire Red instead, and it gives me a similar error "The 1m circuit board is not installed." Anyway around that, instead?

EDIT: Okay, so I patched it, and I don't get the circuit board error, or any other, but it isn't reading the SAV file. Anybody care to wager why?

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Are you only trying to trade with your retail FireRed?
    Just backup your save file from your retail cart and trade in VBA.