Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
megawalk said:
I Stopped with Pokemon because i find the length of the series way to long and it wasn't pretty much a enjoyment for me. if i have to be honest i've quitted on Pearl ages ago.
thats when i begun playing more other original rpg's and not Copy Paste + Upgrade Tactical Rpg's.
i don't think Pkmn series is bad (I Love The Dungeon Series yes....) but the series get way to huge -_-
i hope near 2011 2012 it ends completely
So, basically, what you're saying is this: Pokémon isn't original, yet Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, heck, even Mario, ARE original? Try again. Every game series copies things from its predecessor(s).

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 12 2010, 01:39 PM) The region seems mostly empty to me. I hope there are more large cities the size of Huin.
As I said, this is only part of the region. And probably a small part at that.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
as a private character designer, I would say that you, the consumers, DO NOT UNDERSTAND what you're talking about. There are a lot of animals to be discovered and to give fame for their unique features. Please use your common sense and get used to the vast growing of Pokemon.

I will agree on Nadrian and I will just copy what he said. He has a point and should not be trolled.

Pokemon is an original series that evolved through time. Use some common sense and try to create a game that can be this popular.

Pokemon is a unique game and this new versions/ generation is something I would like to expect and get hyped on. I know Im a Pokemon fan but I was so excited to see some BIG changes over the years. New features and all. I know there are other games with similar features but Pokemon and GameFreak utilized these features very well.

Ugly Pokemon? Ive seen ugly fan-made ones. Im kinda enjoying these new Pokemon designs. I used to hate Chimchar but a few years, I liked it. Please consider how GameFreak illustrate these Pokemon from their respective real alter-ego. It's hard to design to make it simplier. I know how hard they gone through because Im a character designer of my own projects.

I hate it when you, the consumer, complains when you, yourself, are just playing it. Try to enjoy it and think how hard it is to design. I know a lot of you are programmers so let's consider the process of making another project that's being hyped by millions of people. One good example is the MENUdo for our flashcart. I know a lot of people will flame the creator for something that's being worked so hard. Some people will love MENUdo and some people will just complain. Sheez.....why not create something like this and feel what other will say about you.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That desert looks very much out of place, what being next to a river and all. The river would make the banks and surrounding area a bit more fertile to sustain plant life.
Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you realize all Pokemon regions are jumbled as fuck. Yet again, the continents are islands (mostly) and they want to fit a vast variety of areas to cover many different types of Pokemon. It's not supposed to make sense. It's also a fictional island of a game that isn't supposed to be relatively realistic in any sense.

Calm down kids. People want to scrutinize anything about Pokemon nowadays, even if it doesn't matter.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Desert next to a city, big lake, small mountains...In a game...They can do it if they want. Whether it's good or not shouldn't depend on it being realistic. Pokemon is anything but realistic, and that's what makes it a great series. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced, and I'm anything but disappointed with it so far.

@People who keep complaining about what the new Pokemon look like: That's not even all of them. You can't judge a whole un-released game based off of a few pictures.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not only that but ive been hearing that there are some pkmn that are in this generation that were created as far back as the first gen.

Munma or Munna, here is what Pokebeach said,
QUOTE said:
Now this is quite interesting. Was Munma referenced in the first generation games? After you defeat a Lass outside of Rock Tunnel in Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and their remakes, she tells you...

"The POKEMON here are so chunky! There should be a pink one with a floral pattern!"

Quite the random description, with no Pokemon since now ever fitting it. There has been a rumor circulating on the Internet for years and years that Gamefreak originally created more than 1,000 Pokemon designs, and while we know that some Pokemon were delayed a generation (like Shellos and Gastrodon, originally for Ruby and Sapphire), who would think that after almost 15 years they would actually use a concept from that far back? Was Mun'ma a rough idea that long ago or even a near-complete design? Seems like Gamefreak is really scraping the barrel if that's the case. Regardless, it's astounding that Red and Green from 1996 now reference a Pokemon from 2010. Thanks go to Zierant from our forums for notifying us of this.

And to further how unrealistic the pokemon regions can be, Sinnoh has a snowy part of land in almost the same level as a volcano, blowing ash, and a sandy area.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm loving it, it's quite interesting they way they have laid it out, can't wait to explore, exploring it one the reasons why I love pokemon, other than competitive battling.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
megawalk said:
I Stopped with Pokemon because i find the length of the series way to long and it wasn't pretty much a enjoyment for me. if i have to be honest i've quitted on Pearl ages ago.
thats when i begun playing more other original rpg's and not Copy Paste + Upgrade Tactical Rpg's.
i don't think Pkmn series is bad (I Love The Dungeon Series yes....) but the series get way to huge -_-
i hope near 2011 2012 it ends completely
So, basically, what you're saying is this: Pokémon isn't original, yet Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, heck, even Mario, ARE original? Try again. Every game series copies things from its predecessor(s).

QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jun 12 2010, 01:39 PM) The region seems mostly empty to me. I hope there are more large cities the size of Huin.
As I said, this is only part of the region. And probably a small part at that.

Sands of Destruction, Disgaea, Sonic Chronicles, Shuffle Dungeon, The Worlds Ends With You, Golden Sun, Atelier Annie, Harvest Moon (Not Really A Rpg But I Like It Enough) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Yes I Call The Later Ones RoF EoT Original Enough) The Newest Blue Dragon Game is Odd. I Like It Enough. RPGMaker. That Pretty Much Covers a Medium Selection.

Wait 1.000 Designs ?!!!
.....Ohmygod..... There are Not Many Things That Scare Me. But That. It Does!

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
megawalk said:
Sands of Destruction, Disgaea, Sonic Chronicles, Shuffle Dungeon, The Worlds Ends With You, Golden Sun, Atelier Annie, Harvest Moon (Not Really A Rpg But I Like It Enough) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Yes I Call The Later Ones RoF EoT Original Enough) The Newest Blue Dragon Game is Odd. I Like It Enough. RPGMaker. That Pretty Much Covers a Medium Selection.
Disgaea is a series. Golden Sun has a sequel that is EXACTLY the same, and within a couple of months Golden Sun 3 will be released, so Golden Sun is a series. Harvest Moon is a series. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a series. Blue Dragon is a series. RPG Maker is a series; they're not even real games.

Your argument, dear sir, failed. Try again.

QUOTE(megawalk @ Jun 12 2010, 07:15 PM) Wait 1.000 Designs ?!!!
What the hell do you mean by that?

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
megawalk said:
Disgaea is a series. Golden Sun has a sequel that is EXACTLY the same, and within a couple of months Golden Sun 3 will be released, so Golden Sun is a series. Harvest Moon is a series. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is a series. Blue Dragon is a series. RPG Maker is a series; they're not even real games.

Your argument, dear sir, failed. Try again.

QUOTE(megawalk @ Jun 12 2010, 07:15 PM) Wait 1.000 Designs ?!!!
What the hell do you mean by that?

jonesman99 reference.
Pokemon Are Series.
and a way to overused same battle system. thats why i play Digimon. because it offers different battle systems
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg