Pokemon: Iron-y Its Sort of like Goldy & Silvery.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Born out of an idea from a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with actually translating a Pokemon game this new translation is the mother of all Pokemon translations. We will be translating all items, character names, attacks and whatever the hell else the game has in it. The game will be 100% unfaithfully translated into English using our own script injected with our own brand of humour. Be warned though, this translation will not be for anyone who is easily offended.

Of course, it's actually gotta get off the ground first and we're currently learning how to actually do the hack so it could take a while! If you want to help with the work then feel free to pipe in! So far volunteers for this open "translation" are me, Law and Thordrian. We will keep you posted on updates!

And I know this is the EoF buuuut this is an actual project. It's just that it's not really suitable for any of the serious sub-forums! lol

So let's get this party started!

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its an "incorrect translation" right? I was reading a little of the other topic.
But, in my opinion, it should be Copper-y not Iron-y
*Points to periodic table*
yay.gif

edit: oh wow, is the Iron-y because of the word irony? Or because of they are all metals? If so, ignore what I said about the copper thing x.x

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? said:
edit: oh wow, is the Iron-y because of the word irony? Or because of they are all metals? If so, ignore what I said about the copper thing x.x
Its a Blackadder reference, though the actual quote is

"Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron."

But then there is no Pokemon Bronze and this translation would be like Gold and Silver, only abused to hell by us members.

blink.gif

QUOTE(Domination @ Oct 4 2009, 06:46 AM) I'll be expecting to see the drama from the project and the spilting up of the project into one hundred different patches after a few months, right?
TrolleyDave stopped me from putting a anal douche in as a pokemon so I'm splitting.

Joking aside we need someone who knows how to implement the script and so on.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
HackerOfWii said:
I willz be partz of dis!

I willz does the graphics!

Do you know how to unpack the graphics and edit them?

edit : Ok, so I think I've found the script but I'm not entirely sure. After unpacking the rom using dsbuff there's a folder called data\fielddata\script and in it is a file called scr_seq.narc. I've tried unpacking the .narc using narctool but it just hangs. Crystaltile seems to find the files inside it but I can't find an option to unpack the file in one go so I'm doing it one by one and it's taking a while. If it does turn out to be the script I'll let everyone know.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
I wanna help Trolley, what can I do?!

At minute I'm working on trying to extract and edit the script if you want to give it a try yourself? If you're successful then let me know how it's done! lol

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey i hope this can help but i remember reading this in the thread that WataruKun had written hope i'm not breaking any rules for posting this or angering him "Couple problems there already. If you're hacking HGSS text, the text is NOT in msg.narc. It's actually a/0/2/7. To patch the file with Poketext you have to rename it to msg.narc and then rename the patched file back to 7. It also helps to delete any instances of "&". I got parsing errors before I deleted those"

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
too many words, i think there was a limit for character naming, is it 6 or ~ around there?

So maybe, if they do add u in there, it be as PaPaDom or if the limit is 6 letters, PaPaDo

No as in.... Elite Four Domination or Cool Trainer Domination or Bug Catcher Domination.... But change the title to All-Father.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well you could probably have the All-Father oked but what about "Domination" coz there's a 5 or 6 letter restriction in one's name..

@alidsl man i love the video who's sung the song i mean it sounds a bit like chris rock's voice roflmao
rofl.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hotzdevil said:
well you could probably have the All-Father oked but what about "Domination" coz there's a 5 or 6 letter restriction in one's name..

All-Father Dommy.

Dommy was baptized upon me by Hadrian. Well, some tempers here do call me that after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.