[Pokemon] INTERnational Pokedex?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kusohead, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. kusohead
    OP

Newcomer kusohead Member

United States
    I presume many English Language pokemon D/P player has noticed that you can have more than just one language option for all of your Pokedex entries...

It is actually very clever of Nintendo how they came up with this world-linking idea (I think

As far as "good guys" are concerned, the only way to unlock these languages is to recieve a SPECIFIC pokemon from a SPECIFIC country / area via the GTS

But you see, I am a bad guy, and I don't mind cheating as long as it is due to good intention...
    So does anyone know any cheat codes / ways to unlock all of these languages at once?
    I like having my Pokedex more versatile [​IMG]

cheers guys!

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

This doesnt make any big difference other than the fun of collection. So why cheating? Collect it for fun...

3. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
  4. kusohead
    OP

Newcomer kusohead Member

United States
    I can't possibly have fun when everyone only ever demands for rare pokemons (Palkia etc.) with their cheapy useless ones...To be honest, how many people actually like using GTS? I think the idea is great, but the people are just greedy in most cases, I think nintendo should ban trading of legendary pokemons on the net (just an opinion)

Therefore, collecting langauges become a nearly impossible thing, and I don't want to waste the great resources. Besides, unlocking languages for ALREADY existed pokedex entries is not going to make me a big cheater, it's actually fare better than some of the things other people do with cheat codes / pokesav

I hope I am not antagonising any "anti-cheat" players here [​IMG]

5. kusohead
    OP

Newcomer kusohead Member

United States
    Now thats actually really sucks...[​IMG]
    thanks for telling me anyway [​IMG]

6. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Well the chaces of getting cheated or cloned pokemon on GTS are quite high, infact too high.

I do cheat in lots of games exception of pokemon. And its not that impossible if you go to a pokemon forum, where you can be certain that those people do not cheat.

In my case, I never kept any traded pokemon, because I do not trust anyone [​IMG].

My collection is just and only my pokemons and the ones from the events. I am not as pokefreak I used to be, but still collecting legit stuff is more fun than cheating.

7. kusohead
    OP

Newcomer kusohead Member

United States
    same here really lol
    thats why I got so pissed off when I lend my friend my Groudon about 2 years ago, one day later, it came back to my cartrige at the level of 100 (it was about 30, something like that). He admitted that he used the rare candy cheat [​IMG]

I have got another question concerning GTS and well....cheat code
    instead of throwing a new topic, I might as well ask it here

Does anyone know how to change your "location" on GTS?
    I know very well you can't offcicially do it in the game, but I guess hacking my sav files or removing my current WIFI account data (within the save) can let me reregister and reselect my "location", something like that [​IMG]

8. TSPhoenix

Member TSPhoenix GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The GTS was ruined from the moment People figured out how to clone and was totally destroyed when Pokesav caught on. If I ever get anything off GTS its only to breed it then I ditch it as chances are it was totally hacked.

As long as the data is stored in the players games Pokemon isn't going to work online. The GTS may be bad but nothing compared to PBR which is an absolute nightmare.

9. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can never be certain that people don't cheat, as it isn't hard to imitate reality as far as Pokemon goes, and as long as you don't do anything stupid, you're fine.

So to sum it up, you can try as hard as you want to 'not cheat' but there is no such thing as policing how others play, so if you trade online, it's just as good as cheating, as you can NEVER be sure of what the other person has done.

If you're gonna do it, go for it, but you don't gain much by getting the different languages of those select pokemon, other than a sense of self satisfaction.