Vigilante

TempLurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anybody think that almost all the pokemon in pokemon black and white look ugly compared to other generations.When I look at serebii .net the pokemon in white and black look deformed and not as good looking and cute as other pokemon in the past , did the people who design the pokemon ran out of ideas?

Just try comparing reshiram and zekrom and dialga and palkia

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Shinigami357 said:
Smugleaf looks pretty good though. LOL. Seriously, my fave will always be Gen 1, though I could just be biased.
I've noticed a pattern of people being biased toward the poks that they grew up with. 20 years from now, the kids of today who're playing pokemon for the first time (w/ black and white) will be most nostalgic for this generation -- and defend their designs to the grave.
lecture.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Snailface said:
Shinigami357 said:
Smugleaf looks pretty good though. LOL. Seriously, my fave will always be Gen 1, though I could just be biased.
I've noticed a pattern of people being biased toward the poks that they grew up with. 20 years from now, the kids of today who're playing pokemon for the first time (w/ black and white) will be most nostalgic for this generation -- and defend their designs to the grave.
lecture.gif
Well i grew up with kanto, but Johto's my unarguable favourite.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
They ARE running outta ideas but i mean there is what? 649 pokemon now? is that right? (googled)

so whilst i agree with TC that they get worse each generation i applaude the fact they have managed to get so many looking good up untill this point! Altho one of my fave looking pokemon (blaziken) isnt from gen1 so there are a few exceptions!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I never really cared, so long as the Pokemon are actually decently built. Like they're not just pseudo-remakes of older Pokemon. I mean after making roughly 500 Pokemon (well it was 496 before this generation), you can't expect all the Pokemon to look good.

But the game is still pretty good.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Xamus ace said:
Does anybody think that almost all the pokemon in pokemon black and white look ugly compared to other generations.When I look at serebii .net the pokemon in white and black look deformed and not as good looking and cute as other pokemon in the past , did the people who design the pokemon ran out of ideas?Blah blah blah. We've had enough of these silly rants already, and the OP's always get proven wrong. Oh well.

Snailface said:
lecture.gif
This.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Nov 14 2010, 02:00 PM)
Meh, I never really cared, so long as the Pokemon are actually decently built. Like they're not just pseudo-remakes of older Pokemon. I mean after making roughly 500 Pokemon (well it was 496 before this generation), you can't expect all the Pokemon to look good.

And there's 649 in total.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
They need some kind of dinosaur/asteroid event with pokemon, kill the lot of them off and reboot the series with 150 and fresher game mechanics. They're stuck remaking the same thing again and again because they don't have time to change 700 sliding sprites into something more up to date.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What would you want, then? 3D? That looks crappy and you know it.

I can't think of anything else that should really 'change' about Pokémon, though. Maybe a cooler story? (Although you have to admit, B/W's story was pretty damn well thought out.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1