1. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Well it's a good thing that I'm just a filthy casual pokemon player and just move on to other games after I'm done with sword.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

If your using the free version of home just be careful what you transfer as half the Pokemon can't go anywhere once transferred to home. Now it seems you'd have to pay to keep your living dex on home once you transfer them...

3. seseiSeki

seseiSeki Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I was wondering where the GTS went, when I played SwSh. Now I get where they're going. They extracted it from their games, so they do not have to reimplement the GTS system into their future games. That's a pretty smart decision on their part, since you could just use Home as a glorified GTS with a Pokedex, if you want.

But I probably won't transfer any of my Pokémon from older games to Home. If I can't get them back, then what's the point. If there'll ever be a Pokémon game, that includes all Pokémon again, that would be a reason to start transferring. But at this moment, Home is nothing more than another thing to install, to get GTS functionality to me.

4. Lodad

Lodad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I appreciate your well-thought reply. My impression thus far is that the dialog across the board is terrible. Whoever is writing it does not know how normal people speak, or how the experts and professionals of this universe would conduct themselves. It's like a high schooler who proclaims themselves as quirky and random using bad anime dub as inspiration for writing pokemon fanfic. Sitting through cutscene dialog is making me cringe. All of the terms you'd be familiar with in the pokemon series is mad-libbed in with their own versions - [Poke ball: TemCard] [Trainer: Tamer] and so on.

Creature designs seem uninspired like you said, and the battle mechanics are predictable - definitely not blowing my mind. It seems that single battles are impossible and that so far they don't have any battle mechanic gimmick to combat what the pokemon series goes for (mega evolutions, z-moves, giganti (gag, I don't even want to finish the word). Synergies are interesting, where certain moves are powered up if your doubles partner is the correct type to synergize with it.

Graphics are enjoyable to me, a nice 60fps and smooth animations. Battle move effects look nice. Music does not transition from overworld into battles very well and it makes it feel clunky. Overworld design feels weird as well, they're not taking any cues on how routes and wild areas from the pokemon series flow.

All that said, this is my first foray into a creature collector game that isn't pokemon, and it's an early access title on top of that. I really do hope to see this game grow and avoid pay to win mechanics while also making an MMO instead of just seeing other players walk past you. I won't say no to cosmetic-only microtransactions and supporter packs like Path of Exile does if they ever went that route.

I could get into it for hours about the development trajectory PoE has taken since beta, but to sum it up, I hope to see Temtem make a similar approach of releasing a complete and self-contained game first and foremost no matter how small, and add replay value by creating expansions to go beyond the original endgame and mechanics piece by piece or through seasons - PoE does "leagues" where their gimmick mechanic is the focus of the whole season, and most of the time after the season ends, the gimmick is rebalanced and rolled into the base game and the next season and gimmick is introduced. It's like a snowball of awesome rolling downhill.

I hope this huge post doesn't detract from how much of a joke pokemon has become.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    yep the latest ceo of nintendo is a greedy old bastard who cares only about money and how he can get it from you. he doesn't even come close to holding a candle to iwata

6. Brigand

Brigand Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I'm really happy they decided to release a free version. It looks like it will suit me just fine. I'm not a fan of this kind of subscription nor do I support microtransactions, but I'm not too pissed about this. The 30 Pokemon limit is quite small, but it's fine for people who only want to transfer Pokemon rather than store them. I actually like the concept of Bank and Home, as the storage features eliminates all those tedious trades I'd have to do back in the day (while borrowing a friend's system) to get my old Pokemon to a new save file. I'm still sticking with pkhex over bank, though.

Also, this room trade idea is pretty cool. It sounds fun, even considering it's really just a bigger wonder trade. Also super happy for the return of GTS, now I can finally get some version exclusives.

7. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Preach, preach it because they're butt fucking us hard man.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I seriously thought that was just gonna be a myth cause someone actually called it out on twitter D: for fuck sakes that is a cash scummy thing to do T_T i miss pokebank, they freaking gave us the entire thing, just had to pay for the application and bam. But now we gotta be slaves -and the matter of calculating how much are you actually spending. Some dense people believe it's not a big deal, it is when you freaking crunch up the darn numbers, and what they're doing..!!

Great to know that they're blowing people pockets off the bat with that possibly fact you stated -needing internet. again this is just a cash grab for the cows, and ya'll better save your wallets for something better quality and worth the price D: not this!

lmao this is so sad but true T_T

they seriously better let my gorgeous lugia out of pokemon home ;^; i want my baby out! but not like this

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  8. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

New Zealand
    I reckon we need an open source alternative.
    The holy grail would be blockchain based. the failings of existing services are that they don't give you the reassurance of 24/7 backed up cloud hosting, and they are not 'integrated' with the game... not sure how to solve that one.

9. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Something like "Global Trade System", in a nutshell: You offer a pokemon requesting another, then you wait for someone who thinks it's a fair trade.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  10. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

Mexico
    Do you live in a shelter or something? Microtransactions, specially in those games are things that people has been always complaining for, myself included. I haven't paid a single penny for "fancy stuff" in games that won't require it as an important thing on the game, and I will never be paying for a """"service"""" that let's you store 6MB of data for a ridiculous price tag.

Oh, I need to mention that I didn't bought SW/SH because of ya know, being incomplete mediocre games.

11. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
    Developer

United States
    No. Just no. Look, here's the thing: adding blockchain does not automatically make a useful.

Blockchain is useful for distributed and versioned data, like git repos or transaction ledgers. Something that can have elements "put in" or "taken out" will inherently be incompatible with blockchain, because it isn't intended for that use case. Blockchain is not a storage solution, it's a immutable record of versioned/appended data and cryptographic ownership information.

I think you're being absurd. The animal crossing folks will riot if they use Pocket Camp's tactics on a mainline game, N64 is going to be the same as SNES and NES, and gamecube ain't happening.

uyjulian likes this.
  12. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    I never understand why would anyone ever need to transfer Pokemon over for. You don't catch it, you don't breed it, you just leave it there in the box and look at it. Realistically, how many of them would plan to use? I had never build more than 30 Pokemon to be honest and I use even less than that in battle.

seseiSeki likes this.
  13. JamiePashley

JamiePashley Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Free tier will do for me. Only interested in transfering a couple pokemon from Go and Let's go

14. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

France
    Gamefreak and Pokemon Company strikes again, but hardcore fans will never complain and praise the move, just like they did with the last games
    Well, you can use an emunand to mod your console while still being able to play online, that's what I do (even tho I almost never use my sysnand and online play), but if you don't know what you are doing, don't do anything or you will get banned because of a dumb move

Dartz150 likes this.
  15. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most games have DLC Passes for $30 I do admit yes I did buy DLC and yes I did buy the pokemon expansion pass for $30 but that is just me. I mean this is just the era that we live in now. I dont agree with it but I had adapted to the era of gaming. This pokemon bank is no different if you dont believe in paying for it then dont buy it. It's just that simple.

This is where you have modded systems and DLC unlockers for

16. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

France
    Why did I laugh at this

17. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Can't wait to pay $16 to have 5 mB of cloud storage and trading features that should've been in the game.

TheDarkGreninja likes this.
  18. BlackZero500

BlackZero500 GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Im really surprised how few seem to notice that 16 bucks a year isnt much and even less seem to realize that managing a Platform for Storing and Trading Pokemon and not to mention to keep Hackers out and such is not something that just pops out of thin air. I really think pokemon has gone sideways long ago but for very different reasons. XY was for the longest time the first enjoyable pokemon. And the last since. Before that the last good one was Silver and Gold. Yeah i include the Remakes of Red and Green and Silver and Gold but even then it got worse every frickin time. Not because Nintendo wants to get paid for their work, and not because you cant catch all those Pokemon in every single edition. No. Its because the New Pokemon suck, the Stories Suck and if they have some brilliant idea (Mega Evolution) They drop it the next second.

I think providing you with the basics for the service is very generous. I would do no such thing. Because as much as you all whine and throw a tantrum, it cant change the fact that most of you will buy the premium anyway.

19. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja Listening to a song ad nauseam

United Kingdom
    Just wait for SMT V :ha:

The problem is, storing pokemon and managing pokemon is super easy. It doesn't require Terabytes of data. I'm pretty sure every single person on this planet's pokemon could fit on a single 1tb hard drive with ease.

20. noobita029

noobita029 Newbie
    Newcomer

Never thought, this day would come. Pokemons behind a paywall... Genwunners be wondering. "Wtf happened?".. Well tbh it was a slow downward spiral since gen5

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - launches, Pokemon, premium