1. 2,298

Front-page
    oGqvzd9.png

Recently, Pokemon Home was updated for mobile devices, leading to fans deciding to poke around in the update's data to see if any valuable changes were made. What they discovered was that 21 new Pokemon moves were added into the game's database, hinting at the fact they are likely planned to be added into a future update for Pokemon Sword and Shield through its Expansion Pass DLC. These new attacks are listed below.

• Expanding Force
    • Steel Roller
    • Scale Shot
    • Meteor Beam
    • Shell Side Arm
    • Misty Explosion
    • Grassy Glide
    • Rising Voltage
    • Terrain Pulse
    • Skitter Smack
    • Burning Jealousy
    • Lash Out
    • Poltergeist
    • Corrosive Gas
    • Coaching
    • Flip Turn
    • Triple Axel
    • Dual Wingbeat
    • Scorching Sands
    • Jungle Healing
    • Wicked Blow
    • Surging Strikes
    Jungle Healing was listed in the datamine, with the move having previously been confirmed as the new Pokemon Zarude's exclusive attack. These could also be tutor moves, with The Isle of Armor having a Move Tutor feature. Pokemon Sword and Shield's first part of the Expansion Pass is due out this June.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (19 replies)

3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    "Burning Jealousy"

exclusive to fire type pokemon left out of the original game

4. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The other half of the game doesn't even add all the moves.

5. Flame

Flame Me > You

"Burning Jealousy"

the move which yo kai watch fans use.

Attached Files:

6. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I hope the $30 I spent on the DLC is worth it I don't care too much about the pokemon I just hope we have some good battles and content that lasts for atleast 10 hours.

7. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    ...Mostly because YKW4 isn't out here yet. Once it is, there's no reason for us (at least international fans) to be jealous.
    Lol no. I'm a fan of both. (Come on, localize it already!)

8. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Canada
    Man they sold an unfinished game, then charge you for the other half of it.

9. NoNAND

NoNAND Give me back my legions!

Albania
    But still, I want a burning desire move

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    i played the first game and i stopped there, what made me not like the game is the random chance of cathcing yokai, kinda why i never liked pokemon mystery dungeon games, and a moster capture game relyus on pure random luck to capture monsters at the end of the battle is just a no to me.

11. Plasmaster09

United States
    I used to hate it just based on the first game too.
    Then I got the third game.
    It's great.
    Plus, there are now ways to make befriending yo-kai miles easier (the Forbidden Fruit is now a thing, and it's basically a Master Ball, plus there are ways to easily get ahold of items that have really high befriend chances).
    Also, Pokemon is random too, and just like there, in Yo-Kai Watch there are ways to significantly increase the odds. You just can't spam constantly in Yo-Kai Watch.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    also the lazy new yokays are really bad, srs they change one color and its now a new monster? wth, the ammount of diferent color yokays that are also new mosnters is ridiculous high, clone stuff to increase the monster list is awful imo.

13. Plasmaster09

United States
    1) dude there's more than enough original ones. plus the recolors tend to be stronger variants, usually with a different name, moveset, stat spread, entry...
    2) at least when yo-kai watch has inanimate objects it's justified due to being based off of actual youkai.
    3) congratulations, you have managed to spell yo-kai two different ways (and forget that the pluralization works like pokemon), neither of which are either the spelling in-game or the romanization of the word 妖怪 (youkai/yōkai).

14. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

United States
    I have like 0 hype for this...

15. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    "Expanding Force"
    [​IMG]

grey72 and Seliph like this.
  16. grey72

grey72 GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    The jokes write themselves

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  17. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    New moves, but NOT returning old favourites like Return (a max-102 Base Power physical Normal-type move with no additional effects; provides a solid Same Type Attack Bonus - STAB - option due to being more powerful than Body Slam, but lacking Double-Edge's recoil) or Hidden Power (a special move whose type depends on the user's IVs, but cannot be Normal- or Fairy-type; 60 Base Power; can give a super effective option to Pokemon who otherwise wouldn't have one, like giving a Fire-type move to Latios or an Ice-type move to Electric-type Pokemon)?

Or Signal Beam, a special Bug-type move many non-Bug-types can learn? Jump Kick too?

What the fuck are they doing?

Last edited by RichardTheKing, May 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM
  18. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I'd guess 5 hours of content tops. If you're quick about playing and don't look for items and battle every NPC and do the wild area, the base game can be finished in as little as 16 hours.

19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I beated sword in 30 hours I cant really say that I got all the items.. Actually the funny thing I was kinda over leveled at some of the gyms but the 8th gym and Pokemon league i was extremely under leveled . I used my own team no legendary Pokemon. My biggest complaint is that they rushed the game and half of the gym leaders Pokemon was maybe 3 levels higher I hope the DLC has a big map if that map is little then the $30 was bullshit to pay. I only paid it becuase i bought the game for $30 on offer up and I had $10 gift card balance with Nintendo when I bought my case. I liked Sword and hated it at the same time (if that makes sense)

This was my first time actually playing pokemon in maybe 10 years the last one I beat was Black I'm mid way through Pokemon X and I never played the Omega/Alpha series or the Sun/Moon series. All the other pokemon games I beat them all in the past.

Last edited by Goku1992A, May 24, 2020 at 3:39 PM
  20. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Doesn't really matter how big the map is if there's nothing in it. I'm sure we can expect large swathes of nothing from the DLC, too. The only thing that can save it would be a nice battle facility, and definitely not in the same vein as the neutered battle tower they saddled us with in this generation. Raids are pure shit, gyms are always easy, battle tower is nerfed. There's basically no good battle related content in the game, which is amazing for a game that revolves around its battle system.

21. Mrperson0

Mrperson0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They know what they are doing. Whatever trash they put out will sell like hotcakes, especially with it being on the Switch.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Expansion, datamine, Pokemon