OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well lately, I've been working on trying to hack the music for HGSS. So far I've been successful at replacing a certain HGSS song, with another HGSS song. The process is really complicated since there are no specific tools out there, but it's definitely possible. I haven't tried putting in any NON-HGSS songs yet.

The reason why the process isn't simple, is because even AFTER you replace the song in the gs_sound_data file, you have to replace the Sound Bank of the song you replaced, with the Sound Bank of the new song. If you don't do that, the instruments will sound weird. But yeah, it's pretty complicated stuff.

If anyone else wants to know how to do this, I COULD make a tutorial, but it would be a very hard to explain tutorial.

Here's a video of a music hack, where I replaced the music where you talk to Elm in the beginning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3hBQdvE-jg

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work, WataruKun!
smile.gif

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... Um.. Pretty nice considering all the hard work you put into putting that into the game.

Heheh, Pokemon R/S/E versions pokemon encounter song. Not bad, but could be better.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
dartdude6 said:
.Darky said:
If you or someone manages to hack this song into the game...well, it would be awesome.
biggrin.gif
Yes, please put that into the game. PLEASE.

I agree 100%. That's some Good Pokemon Battle Music.
biggrin.gif

I dont mean to sound like a troll, but have some common sense. That theme will NEVER happen because the sound engine in HG/SS cant handle pre-recorded audio, and its too complex(I think) to adapt it or something similar to work.

On topic, you're making excellent progress, and your making said progress very fast. Great job! Your second video makes me want an rse rom hack for hg/ss, which is definitely saying something about how far you've come so far even if its a little garbled.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to mske a recording of a ds game, I'd recommend using DeSeMuMe, the built-in recorder has near-perfect sound quality. There's also an SVN build that runs better than no$gba while playing, but that version requires SSE\SSE2...

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Jotokun said:
I dont mean to sound like a troll, but have some common sense. That theme will NEVER happen because the sound engine in HG/SS cant handle pre-recorded audio, and its too complex(I think) to adapt it or something similar to work.
Heh. You say we need some common sense about something you're not even 100% sure. Nice.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonia said:
That's... Um.. Pretty nice considering all the hard work you put into putting that into the game.

Heheh, Pokemon R/S/E versions pokemon encounter song. Not bad, but could be better.
Why don't you actually try DS MUSIC HACKING and then be critical? No respect. I mean anyone can take the theme and use a DS soundfont, but I'm trying to figure out how to make things work IN THE ACTUAL GAME.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.