Pokémon HG/SS or Final Fantasy XIII (on xbox)?

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi y'all Tempers!
So, I'm in a kind of "dilemma" here. (Nah I'm overreacting.) I just don't know what to choose, Pokémon or Final Fantasy (on Xbox)..
Sadly, I can't buy both. So, can you guys help me out a bit?

My FF experience and my point of view:

This is going to be the first Final Fantasy game I'm going to play on a main or home console. It looks so good with all the great graphics and I wan't to have the avatar award kind of badly.. xP

My Pokémon experience and my point of view:
I played every Pokémon game from the main series, and I really like the nostalgic scent in Pokémon HG/SS it was my favourite Pokémon game. The Pokéwalker is also a funny gadget.

Oh, you guys I almost forgot. I can't pirate both because I don't have a modded Xbox and I only have an R4. I bet there ain't going to be an AP fix for the R4 so..

Can you guys help me with this info?

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got both games, and I liked both of them.

If you want a deep story line and a story of 40-60 hours, go with Final Fantasy.

Pokemon Heart Gold was great, but when I finished the story line and got all 16 badges, it started to get boring (same as Gold/Silver did for me).

It really depends on your taste.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, tough choice...

I, personally, would go with Pokemon...

But I was never a huge fan of FF.

Sanderino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
_Chaz_ said:
Damn, tough choice...

I, personally, would go with Pokemon...

But I was never a huge fan of FF.

Sure is, well, I never was too, I've only played the ones that came out on the DS, I don't know what to expect actually, but I just like the taste of it.
And Pokémon, that's just pure nostalgia for me.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ahme said:
Final Fantasy sucks on the 360 bigtime

Because?
I thought the only differences were the lack of anti-aliasing and some other visual effects and the lower resolution cutscenes (720p on 360 instead of 1080p)
And 3 DVDs instead of 1 BluRay. Many people say it's not a big deal.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
get final fantasy, there will be a fix for the R4 or at least for the DSTT and YSMenu and the AP isn't that different from the Japanese localised version

Sanderino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dragoon709 said:
Ahme said:
if it's on XBox, I say Pokemon

FFXIII does not suck on the 360, I bought it and it is fantastic. I enjoy Pokemon too so it would be hard to say, but if this is your first FF game stick with Pokemon. FFXIII is not a beginners game.

Why? Because of the grinding?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Dragoon709 said:
Ahme said:
if it's on XBox, I say Pokemon

FFXIII does not suck on the 360, I bought it and it is fantastic. I enjoy Pokemon too so it would be hard to say, but if this is your first FF game stick with Pokemon. FFXIII is not a beginners game.
Wrong, i'm no way near a big RPG fan or have played any mainstream Final Fantasy games yet I am still enjoying XIII

Sanderino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prowler485 said:
SE made it so advance players and new players can play and enjoy it.

Ah ok, still hard to decide,,
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as it pains me to say it I would say pokemon- FF games will be going for next to nothing second hand and new in a couple of months, it has happened for all of them that have seen western (re)releases thus far and if you look ahead at the release schedules (this before pretty much any of the big games shows of the year) 2010 is shaping up to be a good year.

Pokemon games on the other hand despite seeing millions of copies flogged to people do seem to hold their value a bit (at the risk of be slapped- this probably even if you account for the current iteration being near identical to the last).

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll Say Final Fantasy for now.
Pokemon has a bunch of AP so it'll take some time to by pass them, also it freezes a lot.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
tommyt said:
Pokemon has a bunch of AP so it'll take some time to by pass them, also it freezes a lot.
If he buys it, he wont have problems with the AP.
FF13 is a great game and I am enjoying it very much. I say get it since Pokemon is going to be cracked in due time and you could play it on your R4.

Sanderino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
As much as it pains me to say it I would say pokemon- FF games will be going for next to nothing second hand and new in a couple of months, it has happened for all of them that have seen western (re)releases thus far and if you look ahead at the release schedules (this before pretty much any of the big games shows of the year) 2010 is shaping up to be a good year.

Pokemon games on the other hand despite seeing millions of copies flogged to people do seem to hold their value a bit (at the risk of be slapped- this probably even if you account for the current iteration being near identical to the last).

Sorry, i find it really embarassing to say, but I can't understand some words/sentences in your post.. English is not my ohme language.

Oh, you guys, I cleared something up:

Final Fantasy looks like a great game too me, but I actually don't know what to expect either...

With Pokémon, I know what to expect, looks like a great game to me too, and even if there is a fix, I just don't know, maybe I still wanted to buy it, Is buying it pointless or? Because I can't really make up my mind..
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse