Pokemon HG/SS legit save file to PC and then back to cart

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by battousai8728, May 17, 2010.

1. battousai8728
    OP

Newcomer battousai8728 Member

United States
    Hey, I was wondering how to transfer my save file from a legit cart onto the PC, then inject it back to the cart.

The reason being is that I want to "fix" my line up (i.e. give them the EV/IV I want through pokesav and back to the game). I don't play the game online/competitively, so if you think I'm hacking for those reasons, I'm not.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You either need the NDS backup Adapter Plus, or you need to do some soldering of the cart's internals.

No homebrew can do it, the carts are physically different because of the IR control chip.

Which shall it be?

3. battousai8728
    OP

Newcomer battousai8728 Member

United States
    ugh that sucks. I just bought an AR DSi, and to pay another $30 for a one trick pony would kinda suck. Anyone willing to sell/lend me theirs? haha.

4. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes, Nintendo always seems to find a way to screw hackers/cheaters/pirates over with new games and hardware. I wish I had have known that save transfer via homebrew doesn't work before buying the legit cart just for the Pokewalker. [​IMG]

Personally, I'd try the soldering trick, but I can't solder for the life of me. [​IMG]