purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most likely there won't be. Maybe items or something but I'd expect something like kingdom hearts where the files are encrypted.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it probably won't be as hard as we think - Platinum took like a week or two to figure out. Expect a menu translation, Pokemon names, item names or something to that degree. Not a full unofficial one or anything like that.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kosheh said:
Yeah but it probably won't be as hard as we think - Platinum took like a week or two to figure out. Expect a menu translation, Pokemon names, item names or something to that degree. Not a full unofficial one or anything like that.
platinum was mostly just copy-pasting from D/P

it's really too early to start thinking about a translation for HG/SS, and it's a game that will come to US/EU anyway.

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know any japanese, but i know (or will know) how to extract the text from the g/s GBC games and how to implement it into HG/SS (Unless there are major file archive changes), so i will probably look into copy-pasting some text into the japanese version of the new games.

Then again, I might be away in France for a year from august on, which could mean there would be no time anymore for things like this. We'll see.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
please, just wait a year until we get those games- so impatient.

What our concerns should be, is if they are gonna have hack triggers on it or not.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that the messages will be the same as the way it was with DPPt so it will not be that hard. I plan on attempting a traslation when it comes out. Right now, I am itching to get my hands on the demo that is in japan right now. Once I have the demo I will be able to take some peeks inside and attempt a translation to see how it needs to be done on the official release.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
I have a feeling that the messages will be the same as the way it was with DPPt so it will not be that hard. I plan on attempting a traslation when it comes out. Right now, I am itching to get my hands on the demo that is in japan right now. Once I have the demo I will be able to take some peeks inside and attempt a translation to see how it needs to be done on the official release.
I just cant wait until someone posts a dump of the demo. How do you dump a demo anyway?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo will probably appear on the Wii very soon. We could probably wait till then. Plus since most of the features have been changed, it may be difficult to just transfer from the English GB G/S to the Japanese DS HG/SS.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ragna said:
The demo will probably appear on the Wii very soon. We could probably wait till then. Plus since most of the features have been changed, it may be difficult to just transfer from the English GB G/S to the Japanese DS HG/SS.
Would this be playable on ds?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
KazoWAR said:
I just cant wait until someone posts a dump of the demo. How do you dump a demo anyway?

Demos are in a cartridge like any other game, same thing with the DS download stations. It is ran off another ds that is some where in the store using the game that uses the ds downlod play to send the demos over. It is possible to extract the individual demos from a ds download station rom as its own rom as well. so if the HG/SS demo is either like a D/P demo or is played with DS Download play then there will sure enough be a dump of it.

Here is the D/P demo.
NTR-Y23E-USA.jpg

Here is DS Download Station cart.
NTR-A7AP-EUR.jpg

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
Ragna said:
Would this be playable on ds?
If you're talking about the demo on the Wii, it'd be playable if you changed your region to Japanese and access the Nintendo Channel from that.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
keagan2 said:
Demo On Wii? Can Someone Tell Me How To Access It In Detail? I Would Really Like To Play It.

Easy. Hack your Wii to become in Japanese and access the Nintendo Channel to find a playable demo during the precise moment of it's appearance. Although, I doubt a Wii demo is possible in the US.

Oh, and why won't you try and beat the game in Japanese without translation? I got Platinum as early as possible and I beat it... in Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat