Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ninovalenti said:
THIS WORKS:
Not on R4 it doesn't, white screens of death.
fs7py.png

R1kk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, excuse the Noob-esque appearance, I just signed up
wink.gif

I posted the coding that was talking about here to the RomUlation forums, purely because the topics over there are going so off track it's beginning to hurt my eyes.

Someone made this observation, that I thought might be handy for the people trying to look into the coding of the game:

QUOTE said:
Actually, while this is just pseudocode, it did make me think a little. This looks more like a timing problem than anti-piracy. It seems to me that anti-piracy measures wouldn't be so random. Of course, I could be wrong. I'm pretty new to the whole DS flashcart thing.

Either way, it seems to me like the flashcarts either read too slow or load too fast and that makes something get outta whack.

Just an observation~ >_>

This is in reply to what baldymcbald posted about the code activating clear screens.

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rvd42387 said:
Azoth2090 said:
baldymcbald said:
its not a predetermined # of actions its more similar to the programing i posted above please note lad i'm not a complete fool if it was set to a standard # it would have been found ages ago
He's right, I'll get completely random sets of freezes, ranging from 1-52, so far.

if thats athe case it might be worth figuring out what cards everyone is using I really dont have a Pre 3rd badge count for HG but sence i got my US version its been consistantly 3 or 4 depending on you you count the initial load or not on my DSTT and quite a few people backed me up on that yesterday

I did start a new game on SS and it was split 24-25 as seen by me by going in and out of my house over and over and counting the 10 times i tried it was 4 times 25 and 6 times 24 and the 25 times i am counting going into my own PC as an event
Well if it helps I have a R4i-SDHC from www.r4i-sdhc.com, running the v1.17b firmware, and alternatively running TTDS v1.17a12 firmware.

Macaber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
skwipe said:
So far, the best info we got is with the ARM7 and ARM9 (which controls the different aspects of the DS I assume?). On game freeze, one program is terminated, and the other isnt. All we have to figure out is WHY the process is killed, and what sets needs change to work correctly.

I should clarify that.

On the random where walking about game freeze / black screen freeze, the ARM9 stops.
Freezing during event triggers, such as being approached by a trainer or where a dialogue should be raised the arm9 continues. I'm trying to get a better idea of the difference between the 2 atm.

Desmume output window shows errors such as "Read below 0x0800 (0x1000) from: ARM9 02260344" throughout the game for me.
Doesn't this mean that the ARM9 is acting up from the start?

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
rvd42387 said:
Squall Leonhart said:
skwipe said:
So far, the best info we got is with the ARM7 and ARM9 (which controls the different aspects of the DS I assume?). On game freeze, one program is terminated, and the other isnt. All we have to figure out is WHY the process is killed, and what sets needs change to work correctly.

I should clarify that.

On the random where walking about game freeze / black screen freeze, the ARM9 stops.
Freezing during event triggers, such as being approached by a trainer or where a dialogue should be raised the arm9 continues. I'm trying to get a better idea of the difference between the 2 atm.

going off that data i tried to switch the ARM9 from the JP into the US and it lead to a white screen every time i tried to load the rom i dont know if that data will help anyone but i say it thinking it might be worth putting out there

the NDS9 bios has nothing to do with the NDS core stalling.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raika said:
Demonbart said:
ninovalenti said:
THIS WORKS:
Not on R4 it doesn't, white screens of death.
fs7py.png
The video said "NO$GBA" for a reason, why try it on the R4?
Because the description said it would also work on some flashcarts, including even the N5.
Tht why I tried it.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Omg the game doesnt have any AP, I have this new ROM by this company which we all know and its pretty simple to get guys just think for a moment... now Ill go back to walking around and having no AP, also since I love the temp so much Im sacrificing myself and giving the ROM links:
Soul Silver
Heart Gold

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I am running TTDS V 1.17a12 and mine has constantly been the same number of events

talking to people and such does not seem to effect it at all for me

events ive noticed are leaving battles, leaving/entering buildings, climbing stairs/ladders, and saving

when im testing I pick a random building in goldenrod, because thats where the AP overdrive was first reported, and i enter and exit the random building counting every time you go through the door. I am getting an IN and OUT and a Save the save is where it freezes I also try IN,OUT,IN to a freeze and SAVE SAVE SAVE to a freeze

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
rvd42387 said:
Squall Leonhart said:
skwipe said:

I should clarify that.

going off that data i tried to switch the ARM9 from the JP into the US and it lead to a white screen every time i tried to load the rom i dont know if that data will help anyone but i say it thinking it might be worth putting out there

the NDS9 bios has nothing to do with the NDS core stalling.

Ok squalll well I didn't realize when you said ARM9 my first thought was to replace the ARM9 BIOS in the game with the ARM9 of the japanese version to give it a shot

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rockstar said:
Omg the game doesnt have any AP, I have this new ROM by this company which we all know and its pretty simple to get guys just think for a moment... now Ill go back to walking around and having no AP, also since I love the temp so much Im sacrificing myself and giving the ROM links:
Soul Silver
Heart Gold
rolleyes.gif

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rvd42387 said:
See I am running TTDS V 1.17a12 and mine has constantly been the same number of events

events ive noticed are leaving battles, leaving/entering buildings, climbing stairs/ladders, and saving

when im testing I pick a random building in goldenrod, because thats where the AP overdrive was first reported, and i enter and exit the random building counting every time you go through the door. I am getting an IN and OUT and a Save the save is where it freezes I also try IN,OUT,IN to a freeze and SAVE SAVE SAVE to a freeze
The only time I noticed it doing that was when the screen dims black, and sometimes the save takes longer, but saving definitely didn't freeze on me.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rockstar said:
Soul Silver
Heart Gold

OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I uploaded to mediafire!
Mediafire upload

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
R1kk1 said:
Hey guys, excuse the Noob-esque appearance, I just signed up
wink.gif

I posted the coding that was talking about here to the RomUlation forums, purely because the topics over there are going so off track it's beginning to hurt my eyes.

Someone made this observation, that I thought might be handy for the people trying to look into the coding of the game:

This is in reply to what baldymcbald posted about the code activating clear screens.

If the game is reading ahead and caching it could be running into a buffer overrun, especially when the game expects a perfectly timed thread read.

Macaber said:
Desmume output window shows errors such as "Read below 0x0800 (0x1000) from: ARM9 02260344" throughout the game for me.
Doesn't this mean that the ARM9 is acting up from the start?

what desmume are you using?

QUOTE(Rockstar @ Mar 13 2010, 09:19 PM)
*snip

*snip

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azoth2090 said:
rvd42387 said:

The only time I noticed it doing that was when the screen dims black, and sometimes the save takes longer, but saving definitely didn't freeze on me.
to clarify by save i mean it takes a while for the game to save then AFTER the save it freezeswhen you are going back to the main screen

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Squall Leonhart said:
*Mega Snip

I'll build a forum just for you to troll on, hows that sound. jokes aside, PLEASE STOP.

No one is joking.
The internet is srs bsns.
However, a forum for that purpose sounds like an AWESOME idea, Plox

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Regardless of how many threads people make, and how much we discuss it.
Some high up professionals will release a patch when they get it finished...
So i dont see the point in filling the temp up with this...

Also, Shocking red font colour ^.^​
Hey you never know.
All of us might figure it out before them.
Gotta Try until they do.

Nixol

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ctr3k said:
Rockstar said:
Soul Silver
Heart Gold
rolleyes.gif

Screw you

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thread temporary CLOSED....

I've checked the first post, and author sounds nice and with good intention, however..I see many people can't control themselves, we've got lots and lots of reports, and it's not like I don't have anything better to do Saturday morning then cleaning a thread that shouldn't even exist!

mad.gif

Goodnews

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

Uh oh... my game just freezed. Lyra and Marill were jumping in the grass, she ran back over to me and it froze. Not good :/ Well, i'm happy with this version for now. I went without a game freeze for 2 hours, and if you include the fact that i've been playing the game at like 300% speed, well. ;-)

If anyone wants to use this file, go ahead. But it is still not the perfect one we are looking for. Good luck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, like many of us, i've been searching for a patch for a while to play HG/SS.

I came across a link, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAg9K6a_xFc

On that link, look at the description. The file you need is this one --> http://lix.in/-798926

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)