Status
Not open for further replies.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hte problem isnt the opening black screen its the random crashes that occur
in terms for the old school programers n scripters will recognise as well as those new programers
@on actions
if < x
then skip
if > x
then cls (clear screen)
if = x
then cls
end if
end if
end if
set x=????

this was old school programing that i learned 10 years ago these days errors that can occur are much larger due to the format as seen at a single offset is a possible 255 possible and probables yet that single offset is now 8 long that 9billion combinations so trying to find it is like trying to the perveribial needle and a haystack so please sit tight when myself or other hackers find the code it will be posted so please relax grab a bite to eat and maybe call it a night i'm not going to bed till i find it you have my word

Posts merged

Rockstar said:
Can somebody port this to the NA version?

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

no it cannot be ported if it were that easy we would have done it already

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not a predetermined # of actions its more similar to the programing i posted above please note lad i'm not a complete fool if it was set to a standard # it would have been found ages ago
its like rolling a dice you know all the possible out comes yet that out come must not be greater then the sides of the dice
my theory on how nintendo did this is they set a predetermined max possible "roll" and if you roll that # or higher the game freezes thus creating the glitch.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the third badge and game still freezes at the same rate for me
biggrin.gif

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eugene222 said:
It arent random freezes. It freezes after 22-24 events...

22-24 before the plain badge and 3-5 after im still waiting to know if sudowoodo triggers the AP overdrive as well

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
hmm the further you get into the game, the more intense battles and activities (and size of towns) get.... we could be looking at an overrun condition somewhere.

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
its not a predetermined # of actions its more similar to the programing i posted above please note lad i'm not a complete fool if it was set to a standard # it would have been found ages ago
He's right, I'll get completely random sets of freezes, ranging from 1-52, so far.

skwipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far, the best info we got is with the ARM7 and ARM9 (which controls the different aspects of the DS I assume?). On game freeze, one program is terminated, and the other isnt. All we have to figure out is WHY the process is killed, and what sets needs change to work correctly.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
skwipe said:
So far, the best info we got is with the ARM7 and ARM9 (which controls the different aspects of the DS I assume?). On game freeze, one program is terminated, and the other isnt. All we have to figure out is WHY the process is killed, and what sets needs change to work correctly.

I should clarify that.

On the random where walking about game freeze / black screen freeze, the ARM9 stops.
Freezing during event triggers, such as being approached by a trainer or where a dialogue should be raised the arm9 continues. I'm trying to get a better idea of the difference between the 2 atm.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azoth2090 said:
baldymcbald said:
He's right, I'll get completely random sets of freezes, ranging from 1-52, so far.

if thats athe case it might be worth figuring out what cards everyone is using I really dont have a Pre 3rd badge count for HG but sence i got my US version its been consistantly 3 or 4 depending on you you count the initial load or not on my DSTT and quite a few people backed me up on that yesterday

I did start a new game on SS and it was split 24-25 as seen by me by going in and out of my house over and over and counting the 10 times i tried it was 4 times 25 and 6 times 24 and the 25 times i am counting going into my own PC as an event

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
outgum said:
ctr3k said:
Rockstar said:
I got the third badge and game still freezes at the same rate for me
biggrin.gif
Don't you have a Acecard

Rockstar is rubbing it in REEEEAL good, i love him XDD
Same freeze rate = Zero constantly, doesnt take a rocket scientist XD
OR, i am wrong and look like an idiot.
No I was playing on my retail so you were right and got the joke but since the guy above though i was serious about it i gave him a serious answer

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Regardless of how many threads people make, and how much we discuss it.
Some high up professionals will release a patch when they get it finished...
So i dont see the point in filling the temp up with this...

Also, Shocking red font colour ^.^​

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squall Leonhart said:
skwipe said:

I should clarify that.

On the random where walking about game freeze / black screen freeze, the ARM9 stops.
Freezing during event triggers, such as being approached by a trainer or where a dialogue should be raised the arm9 continues. I'm trying to get a better idea of the difference between the 2 atm.

going off that data i tried to switch the ARM9 from the JP into the US and it lead to a white screen every time i tried to load the rom i dont know if that data will help anyone but i say it thinking it might be worth putting out there

Grifstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hero_Of_Fate said:
You have to give credit to Nintendo. They make some of the most devious anti-piracy effects ever. Game-killing Whitney is just one of many.
I bet the Miltank is behind it this whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1