ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS Dutch Translation

What do you think of the translation we made?

  • You did a very good job!

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Meh, could be better...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It love it!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AWESOME!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Theboynextdoor

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
34
Trophies
0
XP
37
Country
United States
If you want i could translate some shit, but im nog a rom hacker zo applieing the translation is something i can't do.
And yes i am Dutch, tis maar even dat je het weet.
tongue.gif

And btw, it's a great idea, when the translation is good I just know lots of dutch children (who can play it) will play it.
And like already said before, don't translate to litarally

I also vote for the translation 'vlucht' only i would make it 'vluchten' Because Run is an infinitif form.
 

GuardianSoul

Translator
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
117
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
387
Country
Netherlands
Theboynextdoor said:
If you want i could translate some shit, but im nog a rom hacker zo applieing the translation is something i can't do.
And yes i am Dutch, tis maar even dat je het weet.
tongue.gif

And btw, it's a great idea, when the translation is good I just know lots of dutch children (who can play it) will play it.
And like already said before, don't translate to litarally

I also vote for the translation 'vlucht' only i would make it 'vluchten' Because Run is an infinitif form.

Did you find some sentences that are translated to litarally then?
If you find some, please tell me!
wink.gif


I can find something that you can translate,
I'll PM you with and give you a text file, okay?

QUOTEif i can i wanna translate the story line but what how do i do that.?

We already translating the story line
wink.gif
, but everyone has a different city to translate.
I can find something that you can translate, too,
So I'll PM you too, okay?





I don't really think there is need for a poll, because most people will vote for "VLUCHT",
which is the correct translation and which I already changed in 0.1.1.
wink.gif

Also, Version 0.2 is yet to be released, but first, I must add some things, so, stay tuned!
 

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,647
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Riviera
XP
138
Country
Belgium
Theboynextdoor said:
I also vote for the translation 'vlucht' only i would make it 'vluchten' Because Run is an infinitif form.
This.

@GuardianSoul: Sorry dude, for some reason I can't get thenewpoketext to work on my shitty computer, so I won't be able to help...
frown.gif
 

gigcees

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
119
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
I DONT CARE
XP
97
Country
Netherlands
GuardianSoul said:
Theboynextdoor said:
If you want i could translate some shit, but im nog a rom hacker zo applieing the translation is something i can't do.
And yes i am Dutch, tis maar even dat je het weet.
tongue.gif

And btw, it's a great idea, when the translation is good I just know lots of dutch children (who can play it) will play it.
And like already said before, don't translate to litarally

I also vote for the translation 'vlucht' only i would make it 'vluchten' Because Run is an infinitif form.

Did you find some sentences that are translated to litarally then?
If you find some, please tell me!
wink.gif


I can find something that you can translate,
I'll PM you with and give you a text file, okay?

QUOTEif i can i wanna translate the story line but what how do i do that.?

We already translating the story line
wink.gif
, but everyone has a different city to translate.
I can find something that you can translate, too,
So I'll PM you too, okay?





I don't really think there is need for a poll, because most people will vote for "VLUCHT",
which is the correct translation and which I already changed in 0.1.1.
wink.gif

Also, Version 0.2 is yet to be released, but first, I must add some things, so, stay tuned!


thx but what program should i use. and should i use the (u) or the (j) version?
 

GuardianSoul

Translator
OP
Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
117
Trophies
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
387
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
Theboynextdoor said:
I also vote for the translation 'vlucht' only i would make it 'vluchten' Because Run is an infinitif form.
This.

@GuardianSoul: Sorry dude, for some reason I can't get thenewpoketext to work on my shitty computer, so I won't be able to help...
frown.gif



Well, if you PM me, and explain the problem to me.
I'll try to help you.
wink.gif




QUOTE
thx but what program should i use. and should i use the (u) or the (j) version?
You can use TheNewPokétext to translate, the instructions for translating HG/SS is located somewhere this forum,
and we're translating the (U) version.
wink.gif
 

Spikeynator

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
195
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Spundel, Netherlands
XP
149
Country
Netherlands
this is a bloody waste of time >_>
is this for little 5 year olds who cant read english yet ?
they should play kids stuff and not pokemon...
i rather play pokemon in japanese then dutch :S dutch is such a lame looking noob language
 

Theboynextdoor

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 14, 2010
Messages
34
Trophies
0
XP
37
Country
United States
GuardianSoul said:
I can find something that you can translate,
I'll PM you with and give you a text file, okay?
Oke, I'll see it appear then soon
And if possible, please give me some dialogs to translate, that seems like the most fun.
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
251
Country
Netherlands
Theboynextdoor said:
I was thinking, should we translate the attacks too? I don't think that seems Nessicery
AFAIK we are gonna translate them. I translated them in my item translation too (left some of the less obvious english names in between brackets.)
And please don't double post. Edit your post in the future.
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
251
Country
Netherlands
bwillb said:
Ik houd van deze vertaling, kan ik een koe? Ik heb mieren in mijn broek.
English translation: I love this translation. Can I a cow? (whatever teh fuck that may mean) There are ants in my pants.
What teh hell bwillb? You silly American with your google translate.
Just saw your edit, it should be "de patch loopt" or, more literally, "de plijster loopt"
 

ThommyDude

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
212
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
1,219
Country
Sweden
Nederlands: als ik jou was zou ik "ren" veranderen naar "vlucht"...
klinkt beter...

English: if i were you i would change "run" to "vlucht"(more like Flee then run away)
sounds better
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
251
Country
Netherlands
ThommyTheBoy said:
Nederlands: als ik jou was zou ik "ren" veranderen naar "vlucht"...
klinkt beter...

English: if i were you i would change "run" to "vlucht"(more like Flee then run away)
sounds better
We have had this discussion already. See previous page.
 

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
1,619
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Lazytown, yarr
Website
Visit site
XP
251
Country
Netherlands
I translated Misc. Items and Evolution Inducing Items. The latter contains some items that were also in the Hold Items category, but I translated them in exactly the same way. Link below.
Only Apricorns, Poké Balls and Key Items left to translate (as far as items are concerned)!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ij5zmztitnt

Off-topic: Yay 600th post!

EDIT: Now added Apricorns and Pokéballs too, link below. Only Key Items left now.
http://www.mediafire.com/?btjz2qi12wl

EDIT2: I just noticed that Serebii's list doesn't have some items like Nugget and Big Pearl, as well as the X-items (X ATTACK and X DEFENSE etc.) and stuff. I'd really appreciate it if someone could send me a list of all the items that're missing from Serebii's list (including description) so I can translate them.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese: Similar feelings about WiiU but I still love it cause of the gold hidden underneath the bad...