Not open for further replies.

AionDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mortel said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this patch actually include the Rudolph patch as well as the translation? I am referring to the 3.0 patch.

Yes.. it has the patch already built in.. that's why there's a confirmed list of cards that this patch works with.. cause thos cards don't crash of bug up

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mortel said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this patch actually include the Rudolph patch as well as the translation? I am referring to the 3.0 patch.

Yes, it includes the Rudolph patch, so you can patch and play as soon as possible.

Also, I'm getting a lot of requests to translate the story, but people, please hear me out. This game is coming out in English in a few months, and I only want to make it playable. If I were to translate the story, it'd be like I was competing with Nintendo's translation, which is not the case at all. I'll leave all the major things to them. I'm trying as hard as possible to get the rest of the menu done, so please try to understand. Thank you all.

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
mortel said:

Yes, it includes the Rudolph patch, so you can patch and play as soon as possible.

Also, I'm getting a lot of requests to translate the story, but people, please hear me out. This game is coming out in English in a few months, and I only want to make it playable. If I were to translate the story, it'd be like I was competing with Nintendo's translation, which is not the case at all. I'll leave all the major things to them. I'm trying as hard as possible to get the rest of the menu done, so please try to understand. Thank you all.
It's cool, I can see where you're coming from with this. Many people in the camp of wanting the GBC story text in the game will probably end up using Kazo's patch, as I believe he is planning to cut and paste some of that text.
You shouldn't feel pressured to do the same though. A gameplay-focused translation is more than enough for most people; indeed, it might even be preferable for some due to the fact that they may want to play the game again when it is released by Nintendo.
I'm still not sure where I personally stand on wanting story text though. I guess I'll just have to keep playing, and if I can't take it, I'll switch to Kazo's.

I really appreciate what you're doing though. This is great stuff.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raqib12 said:
mortel said:

Yeah, go do that and shoot me right in da face with a V4
ohmy.gif
yaynds.gif

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't get the game to patch. I keep getting the error "too many filenames" when I try to patch HG.

inb4searchthethread. This site loads extremely slowly for me for some reason (3 minutes to load one page = fail) and I don't feel like taking an hour to find the answer to this.

Anzel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, applied patch to a completely untrimmed HeartGold and still no success :/ Can't get past naming my charrie.

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't use the Rudolph+english 3.0 savegame on a Clear Rom or "NO-RUDOLPH" rom... then, if the USA and EUR version DON'T has Rudolph... we CAN'T use our savegame in the next versions...
how to fix this problem? =( I think is the only thing who isn't good in this version, and I want to play this great game in spanish or full english (official) when the releases arrived TT with MY save

d24b

Trophies
XP
Country
Ratio said:
Hi, i'm using No$gba, and i've patched both ss and hg, but for some reason, there is a black screen every time after i put in the character's name. Can someone help me?
I've got same problem. Can someone help me ???

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming working on SuperCard DS One i, been playing and I have had no issue in any way or form (I was even able to do a trade with a Platinum game!). Didn't work for save states in iTouch2 nor R4iRTS (I had to use a different one for them, going to try to patch that file.). Can't wait for the next update, its going to be great ;D!

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to make a quick announcement. All trainer names are going to be translated. Most are going to be romanized, but all key people will be localized. However, I've come across a strange error when inserting the names (an Ace Trainer appeared as "Ace Trainer ???????????????" for whatever reason). So, rather, if I can get the trainer names to work, then they'll be in.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raqib12 said:
I just wanted to make a quick announcement. All trainer names are going to be translated. Most are going to be romanized, but all key people will be localized. However, I've come across a strange error when inserting the names (an Ace Trainer appeared as "Ace Trainer ???????????????" for whatever reason). So, rather, if I can get the trainer names to work, then they'll be in.
You mean randomized, right? Anyway good news
yaynds.gif
And you'll release a version with localized trainer names soon? I haven't finished my Japanese training yet. Thanks Anyway!
yaynds.gif

cilcia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've noticed that the game id changes when you patch the file and I would like to use ARDS codes with my Acekard. but it says there are no cheats in the database. I also have the inpatched rom on my flashcart and it shows the codes, anyone know the Game Id after the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2