Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.5 video preview of the Katakana patch

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Why aren't you doing a story translation?
A: I feel that I'd be competing with Nintendo, which I do not want. If you would like a story translation, please see Magnius' translation.

Q: Why aren't you using the NDSTool patching method?
A: That would require me to include illegal ROM files. It's the same reason why you need both the English and Japanese ROMs for ChemicalGus' the World Ends with You undub patch.

Q: You should translate X game!
A: The games I've been requested to translate have already been announced for a localized release, such as Professor Layton. I'd love to do a title like Tales of Rebirth for the PSP, but I've yet to find a hacker to help me with that.

Q: When is the next version coming out?
A: I usually make releases at night time, 11PM central or so, so please check back then!

Q: Can you leave the Trainer Names and Towns in Japanese?
A: No. The idea for the Katakana patch is to retain LEGALITY, not to feed weeaboos. The only thing that will ever remain in Japanese is the story. Aside from that, absolutely everything Japanese will be terminated.

Q: What is the best emulator to play this on?
A: Personally, I'd use DeSmuME. But if you really have the option, I'd suggest buying a flashcart.

Q: Which flashcart?
A: The Acekard most definitely for DSi. If you can dish out a little extra money, go for the CycloDS for the original DS/DS Lite.

Staff
Translators
Raqib12

Graphic editors
Rykin

Beta testers
Rykin
lyptt
demonicstrife

Special thanks
Romruto [For creating such an awesome English logo]
kosheh [For trying to help with the project before]
Rudolph [For the anti-freeze patch]
lyptt [For creating the swapper for Items]
Rykin [For helping me out as much as he did]
Game Freak [For creating Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver]
loadingNOW [For creating thenewpoketext]
GBATemp [For dealing with the traffic that I potentially forced on it xD]

Things you will find in my patch that won't be in others
  • The menu no longer yells at you. (example: Attack instead of ATTACK)
  • Translated text. That's right, I do not copy and paste from previous Pokémon titles for the most part. All new items and descriptions will have translated text.
  • When possible, I change "OK" to "okay".
  • Other tidbits of text that won't be found anywhere else.

What remains
  • Physical menu interface [75%]
  • Pokédex [100%]
  • Pokémon [95%] (I may have missed something... please report to me if you've found anything)
  • Bag [90%] (All items and descriptions inserted; most items translated, no descriptions translated yet) [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
  • PokéGear [95%] (Most locations done, operations almost complete, all names translated (except for Melody, because she won't insert...?))
  • Trainer Card [100%]
  • Save [100%]
  • Options [100%]
  • Continue screen [50%] (Descriptions left for New Game/Mystery Gift/PokeWalker)
  • In-Battle [95%] (I was playing earlier, and I saw the elemental types were not done for when Porygon uses "Conversion") [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
  • Box Operations [70%] (A lot of the untranslated text is because I'd like to keep it as similar to the localized text as possible. If anyone can confirm the untranslated lines, that'd be much appreciated!)
  • Pokémon Center [80%] (All of Nurse Joy translated)
  • PokéMart [90%]
  • Kurt's Balls [0%] (You effing perverts.)
  • Wi-Fi Operations [0%]
  • Battle frontier [0%]
  • Trainer Titles [100%]
  • Trainer Names [100%][/b]
  • Pokémon Emotions [0%] (I am still contemplating this one)

Download mirrors
HeartGold 4.5
SoulSilver 4.5

Confirmed working (not freezing) flashcarts with 3.0
Acekard 2/2i [AKAIO]
MMD
R4DS
EZFlash V/Vi
EDGE
M3 Sakura [Touchpod firmware? I don't know, I don't have an M3]
DSTT/i
CycloDS
--
NO$GBA [Go to options, then go to Emulation Setup. Change the NDS Cartridge Backup Media to either FLASH 512kbytes or EEPROM 64kbytes.]
YSMenu

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are several screenshots of the HG Katakana patch.
2nlfjwl.jpg
2vm8pxv.jpg

29w7n7b.jpg
vrezc8.jpg

zxk23a.jpg
dz6kz.jpg

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markvn said:
Sorry, but the games aren't even out, so why should you make a team for this already, you couldn't do anything till it's out...

I realize that, but it's just a reassurance to people that it is infact on the way. If we form a team now, we'll be ready for the big day, which could be any day now, depending on if we're lucky.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
It's nice of you to be willing to translate parts of the game for everyone; good luck with the translation. ^^

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I still don't get why people make translations of games that are due to come out in their own country within months. If you really want to play the Japanese games, then learn Japanese.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
I still don't get why people make translations of games that are due to come out in their own country within months. If you really want to play the Japanese games, then learn Japanese.

It's really simple. I mean, if your parent's promised you a new game console. But they add that they are going to give the same console
to your nephew first because his birthday is coming up. Your nephew will get a game console months and months before you.
Your nephew lives across the street....so you could also go to him and play the game console with him.

If you had such a opportunity. Would you just wait a few months, or would you rather go to your nephew and play on the console with him. Or would you rather, instead of waiting for your parents to buy you the console, use your time to save your own money to buy the console?
It's as easy as that. I mean, why would you wait for months for a game when it's just "across the street". Or "use your own money". When other people give it to you for free.

And that is why translations are made. So that people don't have to wait.

P.S. For everybody who doesn't think that well. Or has problems understanding me. I really don't get it if people didn't understand me, but:
across the street refers to a translation that is going to be made.
And use your own money refers to 'learn Japanese'.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
exactly...........a few months with rosetta stone and you can play the games as soon as they come out.

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:

People are too ignorant to realize that sometimes. In any case, they were going to play it regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...