Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Raqib12, Sep 2, 2009.

?
  1. Localized names

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Katakana names

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotzdevil

Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2009
    India
    Dimapur, Nagaland
    aah well if u check properly there are cheats by hmm i dunno wats's his name and it works.. However i'm using an r4 with YSMenu though..

2. Raqib12
    OP

Raqib12 GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2007
    United States
    Quick announcement: All names have been translated, on top of the remaining items, and trainer titles. All PokeGear names have been translated except for Melody (because her name won't insert). We're having technical difficulties with inserting Romruto's logos; I will message him regarding that soon. On top of all of that, all names should be fixed, and none should be corrupt anymore. However, I don't think I will make a release tonight, as I'd really like to insert Romruto's logos.

Edit: Nevermind. Rykin was able to insert them. Looks like there'll be a release very shortly!

3. Zombie_Fetus

Zombie_Fetus Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2009
    United States
  4. temporalcask

temporalcask Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Hey I just wanted to add that I would like it if Jugglist was changed to Juggler, if it had not been already. Also, how about Akira, Avery or Piper for the boy? I don't mind Sonic though or anything else really.

5. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    we should make a new post so theres less pagest to dind what we need

6. kevin007

kevin007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2006
    Canada
    I managed to solve my saving problem, which started after the 3rd gym by closing the window as soon as i see "NAME has saved the game"

But right now, just after beating the 4th gym, the save wouldn't even load, the game would crash after I choose my save file.

I don't even know why I am posting this, its not like the OP cares about one individual's problem for the game.

7. Rykin

Rykin GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2004
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh. I have a fun teaser for the next update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Credit to Romruto for his images.

Credit to me for being awesome.

Edit: For some reason SS title didn't appear.

8. Hotzdevil

Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2009
    India
    Dimapur, Nagaland
    hey raqib12 if rykin managed to insert romruto's logos then that means an update is around the corner right??

woot man the screens look awesome kudos to you all romruto, rykin and raqib12..

9. Spenstar

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Thats new logo looks awesome! Can't wait till the update comes out! [​IMG]

10. kosheh

kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    New logo could look a little better. For example, making "Heart Gold" a little more legible :I

Maybe a different shade of orange? *shrug*
    5 letters max?

Did someone already suggest "Hiro"? That was Gold's name derived from Hiroshi
    Either that, or maybe Karl or Max

Or, you could be a dork and call him Yukon.

you know you want to =P

11. Hotzdevil

Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2009
    India
    Dimapur, Nagaland
    hey kosheh were u originally supposed to be working on the logo???

12. YankeeFan802

YankeeFan802 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2008
    United States
    PA
    Quick question now. Does the latest version of the patch change the game ID? ARDS codes were released for this game recently and I was curious to see how they'd work, and if the patch changes the game id... The codes will not pop up in the ak2i cheats menu. So, yeah.

13. Rykin

Rykin GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2004
    United States
    Baltimore, MD
    I agree with you actually. I feel the subtitles (Soul silver/Heart Gold) should be done like the original and be surrounded with a dark boarder. However, I myself am not the best at making graphics and don't have the time to mess with it. If someone comes up with a better title screen I can insert it.

I do like how the word "Pokemon" looks on Soul Silver, though. It's rather nice. [​IMG] I also like how it keeps to the Japanese style with being metallic.

14. nyczxjay

nyczxjay Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Everytime you use a Patch on any ROM, the Game ID changes but the codes still work as long as you use the right Game ID. Normally, people just use the R4 Cheat Code Editor to find out the Game ID since there's a function where you just simply select the ROM and it'll give you the Game ID.

On a side note, the new Title Screens look awesome. I love how you guys are making the Title Screens look better than the official US versions lol. If you guys ever think about making a patch for the US ROMs that will simply replace their Title Screens with yours, I'd definitely download it. [​IMG]

15. kosheh

kosheh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 3, 2009
    United States
    That's right. Romruto just kinda barged in and made a graphic.

But I don't care that means I can spend less time working on the patch and more time playing it =D

16. Hotzdevil

Hotzdevil GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2009
    India
    Dimapur, Nagaland
    but if u can make the logo look better why don't you work on it (no pressure, i'm just curious how yours would have looked or will look) [​IMG]...

17. YankeeFan802

YankeeFan802 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2008
    United States
    PA
    Ah I see. I sort of answered my question myself when I applied the latest patch [​IMG]. But thanks for reminding about the R4CCE. I completely forgot I had that buried in my hard drive somewhere.

Also, great job on the patch, even more improvements [​IMG]

18. Spenstar

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    I tried using the usercheat file with the Version 3.8 patch and the cheat file didn't recognize the game. So I guess the game ID is changed when you apply this patch.

EDIT: Woops, I guess someone already answered this... [​IMG]

19. Zombie_Fetus

Zombie_Fetus Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2009
    United States
    Thenn-

How do we make it work?

20. Gintoki-San

Gintoki-San Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2009