ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
By 'working in Cyclo DS Evo fw 1.58b1' I assume that means it'll load but suffers the same freezing and event/badge based problems as everything else?

Also, is Team Cyclops working on this yet? They normally state that they'll work on a new firmware once a few games need fixing, do you think they'll count Soul Silver and Heart Gold as seperate games? Maybe we'll need to wait until Infinite Space needs fixing as well, since it's a Sega game and they've been real bitches with their AP lately.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got an other question is it possible that there may be not ju7st on AP but two which are "working immediately together" somehow?
i.e. one for black screen and one for freezes?

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bowser-jr said:
mdyer94 said:
baldymcbald said:
back up now then i noticed u lot have come back to one of the original hypothesis that this is a graphics glitch which is what it seems to be it is more then likely that we were originally thinking this yesterdayd as the crash occurs in 2 ways first simple black screen as the rom for what ever reason looses its ability to properly project its image every time this occur a dma 8bit error is show and generally the game can be reset and restarted the 2nd way the touch screen looses it capabilites and the next action causes errors to be found, all of the major address that have been looked are primarily used in graphics and screen projection i have gone through the code the only obvious thing wait a few days for a fresh rom to be dumped this one does appear to be glitched and is more then likely unfixable
For those of you who won't read his post, baldy has been working on the patch and came to the conclusion that there's no AP. READ HIS POST.

Also, for all people asking about going through the firmware for flashcards, THEY'RE ENCRYPTED

So if there is no AP in HGSS then why is there so much freezing?
If you would take time to read the post I quoted, you'd realize that the roms released are faulty. Earlier in the old thread, baldy and souldragon came to the conclusion that the rom was reading 16-bit as 8-bit (or something of that nature) and it was causing the crashes. It was just a mere coincidence that the "event" thing happens around the same time.

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, I'll be leaving now. I may or may not come back with a copy of the actual game. Would suck if I did buy it and a fix was found (for me personally, not the pirates as a whole, great for you guys)

Hoping to see some progress from our programmers.
biggrin.gif

gutop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Mh is strange i replace the guru2.narc and the gsbr.dat files with 0 kbts files.
An yet i start the game and it freeze at 7 events^^

Im at Mr pokemons house an i have no badges.
With the unmodified game the game freeze at 20-24 events Oo

(im sry for my bad english^^)

I playd wit EZ flash Vi an de new 2.0 R13 kernel

Int3rwebz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustRob said:
R4DS doesn't work it's R4i only. There's a difference
Im using an R4DS with the last known firmware created by R4 NOT YSmenu...Ive gotten to the 3rd gym beat whitney and now am suffering the 3 event freeze like everyone else. When you say 'R4DS doesnt work' do you mean that it freezes like everyone else?

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
baldymcbald said:
back up now then i noticed u lot have come back to one of the original hypothesis that this is a graphics glitch which is what it seems to be it is more then likely that we were originally thinking this yesterdayd as the crash occurs in 2 ways first simple black screen as the rom for what ever reason looses its ability to properly project its image every time this occur a dma 8bit error is show and generally the game can be reset and restarted the 2nd way the touch screen looses it capabilites and the next action causes errors to be found, all of the major address that have been looked are primarily used in graphics and screen projection i have gone through the code the only obvious thing wait a few days for a fresh rom to be dumped this one does appear to be glitched and is more then likely unfixable

seems logically.
perhaps a bad dump then? yep.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SsjSylar said:
Shady Guy Jose said:
LunarDD said:
cyberninja said:
Trace_hunter said:
we know there is one rom card which work fine - no freezes right? ( A something I can't remember) so why not take a look into that firmware to see why it works there and not on other flash cards.

just a thought

Found this on another site

Confirmed Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- CycloDS w/ Firmware 1.58B1
- Acekard2i w/ AKAIO Firmware 1.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.6RC1
- R4i SDHC (RTS) w/ Firmware 2.6f
- EDGE w/ Firmware 1.8
- M3/G6 DS Real w/ Firmware 4.7h
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x64

Confirmed Not Working on the Following Cards/Emulators:

- M3DS Real [Unreported Firmware] (Cannot save. Does get past name screens and allows you to play the game.)
- DSTT w/ Firmware 1.17a07 (Reported Freezing)
- DS One w/ EOS SP1 (Reported Freezing)
- All reported R4DS cards and clones (Reported Freezing)
- DeSmuME 0.9.5 x86 (Reported black screens after name selection)
- No$GBA v 2.6a (Reported black screens after choosing character name)

Its fake Not working in r4
They're not talking about the original R4, they're talking about the one the M3 team released a while back for the DSi.

Yes, but the R4 i have is for Dsi, (R4i Revolution Upgrade card firmware 1.17B)
Or is it another R4i you are referring to?
Another. The one you have seems one of the many fakes that appeared initially. The one I'm talking about is the one the M3 team released when they officially took over the R4 name. There are 3 versions of it: R4i, R4i SDHC and R4i RTS.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if the if the HGSS rom release before the release is a bad dump, then since it is now out for release, could some one just put up a new dump of the rom, correctly of course, and we can work from there?

hannahbailey2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi y'all
smile.gif

Not much to contribute I'm afraid, although the cubic equation y'all found seems to me to be incorrect.

A better equation is

y = 27 - 3(2^x)

where y is the number of events and x is the number of badges.

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Win said:
baldymcbald said:

seems logically.

The french version has benn dumped and I belive that suffers from the same problem.

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Bowser-jr said:
Okay, so if the if the HGSS rom release before the release is a bad dump, then since it is now out for release, could some one just put up a new dump of the rom, correctly of course, and we can work from there?

this sounds like a good idea

LunarDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hannahbailey2008 said:
Hi y'all
smile.gif

Not much to contribute I'm afraid, although the cubic equation y'all found seems to me to be incorrect.

A better equation is

y = 27 - 3(2^x)

thats great! Ive tested it and it works
wink.gif

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I'm from of a spanish Forum of games and one of the users suggested this. I think maybe it is of some use.It maybe it's hard but they must desencrypt the game fully to find what is counting the events in the game and modify the counter to -9999 or to 9999 (if its a countdown). It was not my idea I'm just posting this cause I Speak english pretty well
biggrin.gif
Thanks for you atention.

SsjSylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another. The one you have seems one of the many fakes that appeared initially. The one I'm talking about is the one the M3 team released when they officially took over the R4 name. There are 3 versions of it: R4i, R4i SDHC and R4i RTS.
[/quote]

The one i have is a red box
it says on it
R4i SDHC
Revoulition

on the box,

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Win said:
baldymcbald said:

seems logically.

It's possible it was a bad dump.

Dragon Warrior 4 for NES has a bad dump floating around

Trace_hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Robika said:
Hello I'm a representant of a spanish Forum of games and one of the users suggested this I think maybe it is of some use.It maybe hard but they must desencrypt the game full to find what is counting the events in the game and modify the counter to 9999 or to -9999 (if its a countdown). It was not my idea I'm just posting this cause I Speak english pretty well
biggrin.gif
Thanks for you atention.
all ready tried, screws the game up.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hannahbailey2008 said:
Hi y'all
smile.gif

A better equation is

y = 27 - 3(2^x)

Though that it's maths, there can be many solutions, so it's not sure which is the real one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol