ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelomT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trace_hunter said:
soooo are we actually any closers to fixing this?

Doesn't look like it. Then again, I don't know what's going on on everyone elses computers so...

SsjSylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, this most probz, won't work.
But what if we turn the US, rom into a Patch then patch it over a Jap rom(with Anti-freeze patch)
unsure.gif

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ELEMENTARY!

Today's Pi day

nintendo probably hid a formula in there

PI!

PI!

PI'S THE ANSWER

vartan_Le_Ciel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gpalline said:
Is it possible to set the number of badges you have to a negative number to significantly increase the number of events that can happen?
I doubt that... moreover, is there someone trying to Hex-edit some strings?? if we find the problem (the proper string for example) it won't take long to solve it via Hex-editing I guess

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trace_hunter said:
soooo are we actually any closers to fixing this?

We've come quite a long way in understanding what triggers the crashes, but we're not even an inch closer to fixing them without ****ing the game sideways, as someone said earlier. Everytime we do something which should work, we only find that there's something else to correct or that we managed to screw something important in the process...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Certainly looks like we're making progress. We've confirmed what the problem is and what causes it, we know what we've got to do to fix it and it would seem we've already made some headway in finding the areas of code that need changing. Nintendo can have their little party for now, as usual we'll have the last laugh.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but the fixing process is basically as follows, yes?

1) Run the game on an emulator of some kind that gives error reports.
2) Open up the ROM and compare the data from the given error reports with a version known to work.
3) Find the segments of code responsible for the errors and alter them.
4) Compile new game into a pre-patched .nds file and upload to the web for everyone to swipe.
5) Profit!

Did I miss anything? I'm looking at learning how all this works so I may be of some use in the future instead of just posting essentially pointless stuff like this. Would like to know if I understand everything so far.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anng12 said:
ELEMENTARY!

Today's Pi day

nintendo probably hid a formula in there

PI!

PI!

PI'S THE ANSWER
PISS.OFF!

QUOTEWe've come quite a long way in understanding what triggers the crashes, but we're not even an inch closer to fixing them without ****ing the game sideways, as someone said earlier. Everytime we do something which should work, we only find that there's something else to correct or that we managed to screw something important in the process...
indeed

SsjSylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anng12 said:
we're focusing on the wrong problem

lets try to disable the event reporter code
So if we did that it would disable, the number of events being counted, and remain at a infinate loop of 1 event?
wacko.gif

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Certainly looks like we're making progress. We've confirmed what the problem is and what causes it, we know what we've got to do to fix it and it would seem we've already made some headway in finding the areas of code that need changing. Nintendo can have their little party for now, as usual we'll have the last laugh.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong but the fixing process is basically as follows, yes?

1) Run the game on an emulator of some kind that gives error reports.
2) Open up the ROM and compare the data from the given error reports with a version known to work.
3) Find the segments of code responsible for the errors and alter them.
4) Compile new game into a pre-patched .nds file and upload to the web for everyone to swipe.
5) Profit!

Did I miss anything? I'm looking at learning how all this works so I may be of some use in the future instead of just posting essentially pointless stuff like this. Would like to know if I understand everything so far.
essentially, yes. any knew ideas?

Ribesg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Arisa said:
QUOTE said:
- This match with the equation -(1/2)*x^3 - (5/2)*x + 24

Is this an example?
The data we have really match this equation. But maybe there is another one. The "+ 24" is sure because when you have 0 badges it's 24 events needed

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Subtle Demise said:
shlong said:
anng12 said:
Geez.. I KNOW SOMEONE ON GBATEMP CAN FIX IT BUT THEY DONT WANT TO
in case you hadn't noticed, people ARE trying to fix it. however, it's chuffing hard, 'coz THE AP RUNS
But we know all about the patch....
it walks, and as such can't keep up with the pacey AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s