OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokewalker.jpg

pw2.jpg

QUOTE said:
Pokémon Sunday is currently airing in Japan, and as usual, there is a bit of information regarding the upcoming Heart Gold & Soul Silver games. Normally they reveal details from CoroCoro, but this week they brought some new details into the fold.

PokéWalk is a new bit of hardware which is said to be bundled in with Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver. This bit of hardware is special in that it will allow you to transfer one Pokémon from your HeartGold & Soul Silver games onto PokéWalk. As PokéWalk is a smurfmetre, when you walk about, your Pokémon will slowly raise level and happiness. This will allow you to raise your Pokémon as you go about your daily lives.

However, that is not all. As you play on your PokéWalk, you will occassionally come across mini-games of sorts. These mini-games will also have an effect on your Heart Gold & Soul Silver games. One includes finding of items while you're walking. These include items such as Potions. You will also sometimes come across wild Pokémon while you play. It is currently unknown if you have to battle them in the same manner as the main games

There is a video of Pokemon Sunday with the PokeWalk in the source. (Filb.de)

News Source: Filb.de & Serebii

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not going to be released in the US however this will be good for when I'm at lunch. I'm looking forward to this accessory though.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can definitely see this happen.
This is just something Japan loves, and it's something we can't download.
If they include this with their games, their will be some pirates that will buy the game instead of downloading it.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw this last night and I had no idea what it was. I just figured Nintendo snuck a smurfmeter from Personal Trainer Walking into Pokemon. But its cool that your actually training your pokemon. It makes training a crappy pokemon like magikarp a little bit easier.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so they not only remake pokemon silver and gold, but also the pokemon pikachu*?

*little tamagotchi-style game computer where you play/walk with a pikachu
walking gives money, money can be used in slots for more money, more money can be given to pikachu to make him happy so he can buy toys.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is much better than Pokemon Pikachu because you can use it for any Pokemon and actually trade it back to the real game.

But it's not even in color.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Except it's not called PokeWalk because serebii notoriously translates things terribly.

It MAY come to the US because the US also had the Pokemon Pikachu 2 GS, which was a similar device back in the time of the original Gold and Silver games on GameBoy Color.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hakujintanuki said:
Except it's not called PokeWalk because serebii notoriously translates things terribly.

It MAY come to the US because the US also had the Pokemon Pikachu 2 GS, which was a similar device back in the time of the original Gold and Silver games on GameBoy Color.
ah yeah.
would make sense though.

didn't that thing support mystery gift with g/s/c through the GBC's infrared port?
too bad we only got the original black and white one where i live.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
hakujintanuki said:

ah yeah.
would make sense though.

didn't that thing support mystery gift with g/s/c through the GBC's infrared port?
too bad we only got the original black and white one where i live.

That's right. The second version had an IR port so you could exchange your built up points for items to be sent as a gift to the GSC games.

It seems like something similar will be on this device as well.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
If they include this with their games, their will be some pirates that will buy the game instead of downloading it.

WE WILL FIND A WAY
smileipb2.png
EVERYTHING CAN BE DOWNLOADED
smileipb2.png
ZA INERWEBS WILL HAVE IT

On topic, for the Pokefans, this is really great, very creative, i'd actually get this if i can. Would be nice to see if it can slowly raise a Pokemon's level as well

D

Deleted-119707

Satangel said:
my thoughts exactly. we'll see if it will be in the eu and us versions.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
This will probably raise the price for us importers though..
frown.gif

Get used to it, it's part of the lucrative business of importing.

I don't mind paying extra for something only a few US residents will have.

PKInferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the video link, seems the name of the device is the "Pokewalker". I remember having the G2 Pikachu back when Gold and Silver were out originally, and shaking the thing repeatedly to get the good items. I imagine I will be doing that again
tongue.gif

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my bother had the Pikachu one a while back.....we just clipped it onto our shoe and that was it....cool at the time, but if I had this now that I'm much older....yeah that aint happenin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu