Gaming Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Chat Thread

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Shadow&Light said:
DeMoN said:
Well I just challenged the Elite Four with a bunch of underleveled Pokemon. Got through fine the four (except Karen's Houndoom killed off three of my Pokes before I brought him down). Then I got ass-raped by Lance because I had no Electric, Ice, Dragon, or Rock moves on any of my Pokes.
frown.gif

I actually tried three times and no matter what I couldn't kill his Dragonite, then I found out he has three Dragonites so I just gave up.
I was afraid I was going to lose half my money like in the old games, but it turns out I only lost around 10,000 yen, and I have no idea how that was calculated.

I still can think how... but i will ask anyway

How you manage to get pokemon under lvl 50 to the elite four? there are a LOT of trainers in all the game... also very powerful wild pokemon... maybe... you just dont have time to train, though
A lot of trainers with Pokemon lower than level 40...
And Victory Road was EMPTY. NO TRAINERS AT ALL. So my rival walks up to me and says that "They're all spineless wimps that's why no one's here" or something... More like "Nintendo was lazy to program trainers here so I'll just come up with an excuse".

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Shadow&Light said:
DeMoN said:
Well I just challenged the Elite Four with a bunch of underleveled Pokemon. Got through fine the four (except Karen's Houndoom killed off three of my Pokes before I brought him down). Then I got ass-raped by Lance because I had no Electric, Ice, Dragon, or Rock moves on any of my Pokes.
frown.gif

I actually tried three times and no matter what I couldn't kill his Dragonite, then I found out he has three Dragonites so I just gave up.
I was afraid I was going to lose half my money like in the old games, but it turns out I only lost around 10,000 yen, and I have no idea how that was calculated.

I still can think how... but i will ask anyway

How you manage to get pokemon under lvl 50 to the elite four? there are a LOT of trainers in all the game... also very powerful wild pokemon... maybe... you just dont have time to train, though
A lot of trainers with Pokemon lower than level 40...
And Victory Road was EMPTY. NO TRAINERS AT ALL. So my rival walks up to me and says that "They're all spineless wimps that's why no one's here" or something... More like "Nintendo was lazy to program trainers here so I'll just come up with an excuse".

i mean about all other trainers in the way to the victory road (like 9 of them) also the wild pokemon on the victory road, and some times, trainers that you add to your PokeGear will fight you back with stronger pokemons

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, I give up, I'm not gonna EV train anymore, it's ruining the fun, making me worry about the stats and all that. I'll just use Pokesav. D:

Shadow&Light

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Ugh, I give up, I'm not gonna EV train anymore, it's ruining the fun, making me worry about the stats and all that. I'll just use Pokesav. D:

training EV it's just a pain in the ass... i know it's the best way to get a stronger pokemon... but if you just want to play in-game and no with other players in the world... just play for your own fun
wink.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:

Yesss. Do what I'm doing. lol. Its basically the reason why I don't bother with EV training.

I'd just recommend to keep training your Dragonair until it hits Dragonite. You'll breeze through Lance in no time if you do. If not, make sure you have status-inflicting pokemons on your team. I had Ampharos for Thunder Wave and Gengar with Confuse Ray and Hypnosis back then. It helped a lot as my pokemons were under leveled too. I battled Lance for 45 minutes (I'm just estimating.. it felt longer lol) trying to keep up with Revives, Full Restores, and Hyper Potions.

Also, do something to support your team. Have a pokemon that can use Light Shield or Reflect. That'll cut down the damage by a lot. Especially Outrage. That attack is super strong.

I went into Elite Four with:
Gengar
Alakazam
Lugia (I tried not to use him but I had to in the end as Lance was tough as shit; Lugia was mainly my tank)
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Gyarados

My Pokemons were high 30s and low 40s.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm training my team as they're highly underleveled for the E4 haha.
I beat Clair because I used good elemental weaknesses and strategy but I only barely won it. I need some levels before I tackle the E4

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just started it up for the first time, and pleasantly surprised by the change of menus. Sadly, the game is still too slow going for me in term of fighting and just moving around in the world.
But I definitely am addicted again, I can just feel it. Hopefully the feeling stays for the rest of the game!
Been ages since I last completed a Pokemon game, I always get tired of it around the 6th badge.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Just started it up for the first time, and pleasantly surprised by the change of menus. Sadly, the game is still too slow going for me in term of fighting and just moving around in the world.
But I definitely am addicted again, I can just feel it. Hopefully the feeling stays for the rest of the game!
Been ages since I last completed a Pokemon game, I always get tired of it around the 6th badge.

I was instantly hooked because it was one of my childhood games. The remake felt much faster than the actual original Gold/Silver to be honest. Update the cheat database and use the "text goes super fast" "cheat" so it doesn't feel that boring. Buy lots of super repels as its really worth it when you just don't feel like battling anymore. Buy potions and such to heal up instead of going to the pokecentre, unless you're running out of PP. These things will make your gameplay much faster and exciting.

I always turn battle animation off as it accumulates overtime and it takes a big chunk out of the gameplay. Once you get your running shoes an bike, it'll be good.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat offtopic.. I've started Pokemon Platinum so I can get some Pokemons which I can't get in HGSS. Do all starters begin with 31 IVs in all their stats..? Or is it still 1 in like 1billion+ chance? Because I just used pokesav to check my Infernape's IV and they're all 31.. Or maybe the pokesav for Platinum is messed up? The other Pokemons I caught have all the same IVs. For example, All the IVs are either 2, 4, 0, etc. There's no variation from the other stats.

bik75 said:
What would you reccomend your Pokemon levels should be when facing the elite 4?

Depends on if you want them to be hard, moderate, or easy. Lance was super hard for me because I was under leveled. I actually really enjoyed it though. It beats going through Elite Four with a single attack.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Somewhat offtopic.. I've started Pokemon Platinum so I can get some Pokemons which I can't get in HGSS. Do all starters begin with 31 IVs in all their stats..? Or is it still 1 in like 1billion+ chance? Because I just used pokesav to check my Infernape's IV and they're all 31.. Or maybe the pokesav for Platinum is messed up? The other Pokemons I caught have all the same IVs. For example, All the IVs are either 2, 4, 0, etc. There's no variation from the other stats.

bik75 said:

Depends on if you want them to be hard, moderate, or easy. Lance was super hard for me because I was under leveled. I actually really enjoyed it though. It beats going through Elite Four with a single attack.
Moderate.
And I'm about to go to Whirl Islands to capture Lugia, what HM's will I need except Surf and Whirpool?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Anakir said:
Raika said:

Yesss. Do what I'm doing. lol. Its basically the reason why I don't bother with EV training.

I'd just recommend to keep training your Dragonair until it hits Dragonite. You'll breeze through Lance in no time if you do. If not, make sure you have status-inflicting pokemons on your team. I had Ampharos for Thunder Wave and Gengar with Confuse Ray and Hypnosis back then. It helped a lot as my pokemons were under leveled too. I battled Lance for 45 minutes (I'm just estimating.. it felt longer lol) trying to keep up with Revives, Full Restores, and Hyper Potions.

Also, do something to support your team. Have a pokemon that can use Light Shield or Reflect. That'll cut down the damage by a lot. Especially Outrage. That attack is super strong.

I went into Elite Four with:
Gengar
Alakazam

Lugia (I tried not to use him but I had to in the end as Lance was tough as shit; Lugia was mainly my tank)
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Gyarados

My Pokemons were high 30s and low 40s.

I got gengar, alakazam and gyarados too, and my friend's got an ampharos and typlosion xD

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anakir said:

bik75 said:

I agree beating them with one hit is taking away the fun... I always try to be around the same level or about 2-3 levels below the lowest level pokemon from the gym leaders/elite four. I did that with platinum and gonna do it with SS too~!

Well I'm gonna play SS now and get to the 5th gym with my team: Quilava, Togetic, Kadabra, Flaafy, Quagsire, Dratini. All around lvl 22-24.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else error when trading with Platinum? I'm playing Platinum on AceKard 2 and SS on Edge. They both make it into the room but about 5 seconds later, Platinum gives a message "communication error".

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My party after 7 gyms is as follows

Gengar lvl. 30
Golem lvl. 35
Typhlosion lvl. 39
Feraligater lvl. 33
Meganium lvl. 34
Pigeot lv. 36

Any1 have any suggestions on what I could possible switch in m party? Thus far it's been pretty good. I just want to know if I can make my party even more well rounded then it is right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: