ROM Hack Pokemon Heart Gold + Action Replay DS = Fail?

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have pokemon soul silver and the shorter more compact ar.... no problems to report... so i have no clue whats going on with urs. very odd id suggest trashing that one and buying a newer one,

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poryhack said:
doeo said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Maybe there's some kind of error with the contacts?

What's that?
The metal pieces on the AR and DS sides that come in contact with each other (so they can transfer data).

Hmm.. But I doubt that's the problem.
unsure.gif

Because I previously showed, (If you've seen the video on the first page of this thread), that Action Replay works with any other game but not Heart Gold.
And also, Action replay + Heart Gold work perfectly on my other DS lite, whose top screen doesn't work :/ .
So if it works on my white DS lite, why not my pink one?
That's what I want to find out right now...
Thanks for the help anyways.
wink.gif

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poryhack said:
doeo said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Maybe there's some kind of error with the contacts?

What's that?
The metal pieces on the AR and DS sides that come in contact with each other (so they can transfer data).

Hmm.. But I doubt that's the problem.
unsure.gif

Because I previously showed, (If you've seen the video on the first page of this thread), that Action Replay works with any other game but not Heart Gold.
And also, Action replay + Heart Gold work perfectly on my other DS lite, whose top screen doesn't work :/ .
So if it works on my white DS lite, why not my pink one?
That's what I want to find out right now...
Thanks for the help anyways.
wink.gif

(Yes, I'm guessing I'm allowed to bump after one day if it's really urgent right guys?
frown.gif
Sorry if not. )

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that keeping a GBA game in slot-2 of the DS can fix the problem. I'm not too sure if this works though, because I don't have an ARDS.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
I've heard that keeping a GBA game in slot-2 of the DS can fix the problem. I'm not too sure if this works though, because I don't have an ARDS.

It really got my hopes up...
But,
It didn't work
frown.gif
:/
More advice anyone?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
doeo said:
YayMii said:

But,
It didn't work
frown.gif
More advice anyone?
the tricky "Blow to the Slot 1" trick? it might be a contact problem that is caused by dust which is designed perfectly for your Heart gold cartridge
It can't be a software problem since it worked on your Pink DS, therefore it MUST be a hardware problem, and most hardware problems occurs by dust and age

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chaosruler said:
doeo said:
YayMii said:

But,
It didn't work
frown.gif
More advice anyone?
the tricky "Blow to the Slot 1" trick? it might be a contact problem that is caused by dust which is designed perfectly for your Heart gold cartridge
It can't be a software problem since it worked on your Pink DS, therefore it MUST be a hardware problem, and most hardware problems occurs by dust and age

I blew my lungs out... It didn't work. Maybe I need something better than just blowing?
I'll try ordering those slot one cleaning things.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, my acekard2 usually get some contact problems, I usually blow the slot 1 and try again for 2-3 times and viola...
When I asked an electronic man why it happens hes respond was something along the lines with "teeth", Maybe you should google it

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doeo said:
YayMii said:

But,
It didn't work
frown.gif
More advice anyone?
Just a question: What GBA game are you using?

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
doeo said:
YayMii said:

But,
It didn't work
frown.gif
More advice anyone?
Just a question: What GBA game are you using?

I tested all of mine:
-Pokemon Ruby
-Pokemon Emerald
-Pokemon Fire Red
-Pokemon Leaf Green
-Mario Kart Super Circuit
-Sega Rally
-Sonic Advance
-SpongeBob SquarePants

Neither worked :/

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chaosruler said:
Well, my acekard2 usually get some contact problems, I usually blow the slot 1 and try again for 2-3 times and viola...
When I asked an electronic man why it happens hes respond was something along the lines with "teeth", Maybe you should google it

It's very difficult to find something other than AR game codes if the search keywords included "Action Replay"... :/

I tried so hard.

D

Deleted User

Don't even bother playing the Pokemon Games. They simply suck if you've played a previous version. If Nintendo actually make a Pokemon game where you can unlock the "Walking Anywhere" coed or other AR codes, that would be cool. Instead we are left with the buggy shit which Nintendo calls a game.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
JetKun said:
Don't even bother playing the Pokemon Games. They simply suck if you've played a previous version. If Nintendo actually make a Pokemon game where you can unlock the "Walking Anywhere" coed or other AR codes, that would be cool. Instead we are left with the buggy shit which Nintendo calls a game.
This is not a discussion on whether or not the Pokemon games suck, stay on topic or don't post at all.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you either have 3 options:

1: contact datel and request a replacement
2: clean the contacts with alcohol
3: or use nitro hax instead of the action replay so you can play your game.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
babydoll said:
Was this problem ever resolved? Because I have the exact same problem with my HeartGold and it's really annoying!!

There IS a solution.
But it's for people who aren't afraid of opening up their DS or anything.
Open up your DS.
Take out the NDS game card slot (there are many guides on google)
Clean it, dip it in alcohol, do whatever the hell you want as long as you get it clean.
Put it back where it belongs and close the DS up.
It should work.
If not, just get one of those replacement slots doeo linked somewhere in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone