Pokemon GTS Lockup/Freeze

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Xeronage, Aug 15, 2007.

Aug 15, 2007

Pokemon GTS Lockup/Freeze by Xeronage at 2:33 PM (1,342 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Xeronage
    OP

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Every time I want to enter the Pokemon Pearl GTS, it saves at the desk normally, but once I enter, the game freezes with a black screen, before I can get a chance to connect to WiFi.

Ive put the exact same M3 Lite in my brother's DS, and entered my wifi settings, and tried (once), and it worked, it mightve been luck tho..

Anyhow, this means the problem is with my DS, and I have no idea WHAT it can be other that the fact it's flashed.....but it crashed BEFORE I entered Wifi.........ALSO, In the past, some time around it's release, it DID WORK FOR ME. Weird enough it now doesnt.

Any solutions?

2. NonStopInTheMix

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hmms im not quite sure what the problem is now since you plugged your M3 into another ds and it worked =\ but people on other forums have also reported this problem [but they only had one ds] and its been mostly concluded as a problem with the microsd being too slow or the M3 team hasnt made an updated firmware to support slower running memory cards on pokemon gts

the fact that it worked before puzzles me though so im not quite sure what the problem is ... maybe try finding somebody else who has a ds to test?

3. Xeronage
    OP

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Using that one Kingstone type MicroSD that worked nicely with PoR if you're wondering...

Ill go grab my sis' DS and try again, stay tuned.

EDIT:

ok, Surprisingly enough my sis' DS also locks up(But LESS! it DOES work!), and is unflashed....so maybe it was dumb luck it worked on my brother's..

Stay tuned while I find a way to fix this >_> (4x DMA/Safe Mode? Ill see)

EDIT2:

Safemode didnt work...card format/cleanup didnt work...Must be my flashme...but thats not possible! Firmware is totally out of the question once a game boots =\