Android Pokemon GO! Now out for Android!(And Possibly IOS ?!)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
One thing that saddens me incredibly is the fact that they made pokestops and stuff be based on real places. It's cool, of course, for people that lives near that kind of place.

Whenever I launch the app, i'm lucky if I see pokemon nearby, I'd probably have to drive away from home to actually see if there's a pokegym or something in a different neighbourhood. Kinda wish those were generated randomly, and maybe change places periodically or something.

Not to mention... Why wouldn't they make it possible to have battles against the wild pokemon and use the usual experience system to evolve them?! Sure, catching the same kind of pokemon 30 times to get enough candy isn't terrible, and you still have pokemon battles in the gym... but for those who don't have a gym, the game becomes the equivalent of collecting stickers.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at home I live basically right behind the largest class halls on campus, with the Starbucks inside one of them and the library right next door; the dorms are three or so blocks off one direction and the biggest high school in the area is a few blocks in the other. I have no doubt I'll be able to find plenty of stops, gyms, etc. there, and there're plenty of great lake/river/mountain/forest areas nearby for a variety of Pokemon (although I don't believe the distribution actually relies on geography as much as it was initially implied).

Unfortunately I'm spending most of the summer out in the country helping my parents with their never-ending remodeling. From their house I can leave the app open all day and not have a single Pokemon appear; the only business in a four-mile radius is the local bar, which does not count as any sort of landmark, and even the town about fifteen miles from here only has an item dispenser at the post office and a gym that seems to be on top of the town's electronic newsboard. I can't imagine this is a game that'll be real popular in rural locales.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
I was sitting in my bedroom and I turn on my phone, I see that pokemon GO is still running.
I'm about to close it when I see that a pokestop 600m away from me has a Lure Module in it.
I ran for my life and all I got were pidgey's and almost a squirtle T_T

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that the app will run on Intel Atom processor devices? Apparently it won't work on my phone because of it. Asus Zenfone 2 here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: