Pokémon Go Clone Available For Windows Phone

Pokémon Go podría llegar al sistema Windows Phone.jpg

All of you may know that Windows Phone owners are literally cut out from the "Pokémon Go Mania".
Someone, though, has released a tool that allows Pokémon Go to run on newer Windows Mobile.

It is basically a bot with an extensive GUI (as it's said in the github of the app this clone is based off), however you will still need to create an account via Android or iOS, but the application seems to work well.

So is Pokémon Go ever coming to WP or will this app replace it?

Last edited by Froster,

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is basically a sort of emulation, you will in fact still need to create an account via Android or iOS, but the application seems to work well.
Interesting. So theoretically we could use this to "port" other IOS or Android apps using this method as described? I am quite interested in the concept of the technology more than of Pokemon GO.

Froster

Your Music Producer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Interesting. So theoretically we could use this to "port" other IOS or Android apps using this method as described? I am quite interested in the concept of the technology more than of Pokemon GO.
Yeah it can actually be done. But it will need a lot of work to improve it. It is just a WIP for now.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it can actually be done. But it will need a lot of work to improve it. It is just a WIP for now.
Well that is quite interesting then as it really could be useful. Only problem is the fact that Windows Phones generally are not that popular and I would think it would be hard to get people to support the project so it could become its full potential even though that it could be truly wonderful like WINE is.

Reactions: Tizm and Froster

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Windows 10 Mobile has the option of running Android APK (but only on higher-end phones), so it's possible to run tje actual Pokemon Go app as well. However the overlap of the people who own a high-end Windows phone, and the people who play Pokemon Go is exactly zero, so the point is moot :tpi:

Reactions: Tizm

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Windows 10 Mobile has the option of running Android APK (but only on higher-end phones), so it's possible to run tje actual Pokemon Go app as well. However the overlap of the people who own a high-end Windows phone, and the people who play Pokemon Go is exactly zero, so the point is moot :tpi:
Actually that was a beta emulator inside the older previews of the os, at the end the whole project was canceled because various reasons (piracy too, since it could install any apk)and they focused on project IslandWood, that is a tool to port iphone apps to universal windows platform, this was used to port ios instagram to win10 iirc.
But the app must be ported by the developers since it requires the source code

And there is also a windows phone client for pokemon go, it's called po-go and it was working until the latest server update, I don't know what's going on now since I'm not really interested, but you can find it on GitHub

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to bash Windows phones but what demographic of people is it supposed to appeal to that iPhone and Android already covers?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my SO has a Windows phone, because it makes sense for her. But she currently has to use my (retired) note 3 and hotspot function to be able to play Pokémon go. So part of me does wish there was a native app she could run on her own phone.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not to bash Windows phones but what demographic of people is it supposed to appeal to that iPhone and Android already covers?
It integrates really well with the rest of Microsoft's services, so someone who uses them extensively might prefer it over Android.
I have a Windows phone because at the time I bought it had better specs than any Android device I could get at that price. I like it, it has everything I need.

Reactions: codezer0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse