Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One, it's not a ban wave Lol. It's an ongoing thing that will always happen, just like it did in Gen 6. Also, GTS/WT have nothing to do with this block and why said YouTuber can trade those Arceus, whether his gamesync is banned or not. Gamesync has no bearing on ANYTHING except rating battles and PGL contests. Having Marshadow in the pokedex isn't enough to trigger it, just like having Volcanion wasn't enough in Gen 6. It was, and always will be (More than likely) because of items, ID changes, or other weird save edits. It has nothing to do with the pokemon.

Reactions: RustInPeace

LifeMushroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternative to PKHex?

I just want to know whether anyone has gotten banned after Pokemon did the banwave.

EDIT: Alright, I'll try it tomorrow. *gulp*

EDIT 2: Actually, screw it. I'll wait until there's more info.

Last edited by LifeMushroom,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternative to PKHex?

I just want to know whether anyone has gotten banned after Pokemon did the banwave.

EDIT: Alright, I'll try it tomorrow. *gulp*

What do you mean alternative to PKHex? If it quells any fear, I genned up a team for the Alola Friendly, have done 2 battles so far, no ban. As stated, this has nothing to do with the pokemon.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Best idea would be to :
-Cancel the Game sync of SM
-Dont enter online on SM til Tuesday (because PKGL goes on maintenance) on those days
-Wait til Tuesday so your save get unsynced
-Done

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously google the same thing for Gen 6 and you'll see. This is history repeating itself. It's all the same as it ever was, this isn't new.

I.E http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/72886346?page=4

Another... https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/73132469?page=2

As you can see, this has ALWAYS been the case since last gen. I don't see why people are surprised now. There is also a bit of a list about things in the second link I posted, such as changing avatars to impossible ones (correlates to obtaining unreleased clothes/hair styles).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Gen 6, I gave myself 900 items and a few BPs, and I didn't get banned.
Either you didn't have enough BP to trigger the ban, or it wasn't the same when they did maintenance. You ONLY get banned on Tuesdays during rolling maintenance of the server anyway. It's not "go online with edited save = insta block".

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously google the same thing for Gen 6 and you'll see. This is history repeating itself. It's all the same as it ever was, this isn't new.

I.E http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/72886346?page=4

I like this post.

Basically, people getting caught messed up somewhere (that probably has nothing to do with battles). Either way, if you have the means to "cheat", you have the means to fix it, because it isn't just genned pokemon causing the bans.

Part of me hopes this does scare people from PKHex, that way it'd be the program that the unfazed, dare I say "smart" people would use, ergo, the cool people. At the same time they may be proud of that kind of cleansing, yet the hack checks are still messed up.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this post.

Part of me hopes this does scare people from PKHex, that way it'd be the program that the unfazed, dare I say "smart" people would use, ergo, the cool people. At the same time they may be proud of that kind of cleansing, yet the hack checks are still messed up.
Well I kind of feel like it's deserved honestly. You can gen, who needs x999 pokeballs? What the hell are you catching anyway? BP I can understand but keep it small like 1-2k that's still plenty, then when you run out get more. It's common sense really, just don't go overboard. It's like those kids with a new PowerSave and turn on EVERY cheat available and getting mad when the save corrupts. Everything in moderation people.

EDIT: Maybe not "deserved" per se (I cheat, but I don't battle) but it's not like it's an online ban or anything. Just chill with the cheats.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Light887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't even remove the game from gl as it tells me that
Well I kind of feel like it's deserved honestly. You can gen, who needs x999 pokeballs? What the hell are you catching anyway? BP I can understand but keep it small like 1-2k that's still plenty, then when you run out get more. It's common sense really, just don't go overboard. It's like those kids with a new PowerSave and turn on EVERY cheat available and getting mad when the save corrupts. Everything in moderation people.

EDIT: Maybe not "deserved" per se (I cheat, but I don't battle) but it's not like it's an online ban or anything. Just chill with the cheats.
but i got ban with only 8 of my pokemon having max evs/ivs and a full pokedex and go on the battle tree a lot more them playing online so i say thats pretty chill to me

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't even remove the game from gl as it tells me that

but i got ban with only 8 of my pokemon having max evs/ivs and a full pokedex and go on the battle tree a lot more them playing online so i say thats pretty chill to me
Then it was most likely the full pokedex or something else. Max EV/IV will not get you banned period. Otherwise tons of legit pokemon would cause it as well. Let's be honest.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Eh , whatever.

Since this only bans Global Missions , Rating Battle and Competitions , if you dont use these and you got bannned then...Eh.

GTS , Free Battle and Link Battle is available for me

Light887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it was most likely the full pokedex or something else. Max EV/IV will not get you banned period. Otherwise tons of legit pokemon would cause it as well. Let's be honest.
now that i think about it i did trade a Castform to get a Tapu Lele but it was lv100 with only one move it was Tickle with a Burn Heal item im 100% sure it was a hack pokemon so i remove and that was 1day before the bans

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that i think about it i did trade a Castform to get a Tapu Lele but it was lv100 with only one move it was Tickle with a Burn Heal item im 100% sure it was a hack pokemon so i remove and that was 1day before the bans

Oh stop it, that didn't cause the ban, Tapu Lele can learn that move, you can easily use the move deleter to make it the only move. If it couldn't learn Tickle, that trade would not have happened anyways, unless you did it locally. Confirm this: did your pokedex have (shiny) Marshadow and shiny locked legends with their shiny forms registered (Tapus/UBs)? If so, that's very likely the culprit and you shouldn't skirt around that.

Light887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh stop it, that didn't cause the ban, Tapu Lele can learn that move, you can easily use the move deleter to make it the only move. If it couldn't learn Tickle, that trade would not have happened anyways, unless you did it locally. Confirm this: did your pokedex have (shiny) Marshadow and shiny locked legends with their shiny forms registered (Tapus/UBs)? If so, that's very likely the culprit and you shouldn't skirt around that.
im looking at it and there is Marshadow there but no shiny Tapus/UBs or Marshadow and by the way Tapu Lele had all 6 on evs so ill love to see you explain that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No sharing
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know...