Homebrew Pokemon Games and Pokemon-Bank without originals usable?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I would like to play the Pokemon games on 3DS. If I want to collect all Pokemon, I have to use Pokemon Bank with AS/OR, X/Y and Sun/Moon. That would be 6 games to buy, a bit too expensive for me ... Or is there another possibility?

Is it possible to use Pokemon Bank and the several Pokemon editions without having all original games? And what do I need for that? New3DS, 3DS XL or 3DS? Any Flashcard? Or is it possible to install Homebrew without a Flash Card?

Thank you for your help!

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your answer.

Which kind of 3DS do I need for that? And do I have to use a flashcard?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, can I simply go into the next market and buy a "New 3DS XL"? What about the firmware? Do I have to take care about that?

gatao30cm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Make sure to look after a 3DS with firmware on 10.7 or below. Also don't ever update. You can install Browserhax and Menuhax on this version, giving you access to Homebrew Menu. There you can use a save manager to backup your saves and edit them the way you like. We also have a very good Homebrew called PHBank, that works the same as a pokebank, so you could also use it. And if someday you decide to go down the "wrong way", you can follow Plailect's Guide (Google for it) and install the games on your console.

Reactions: Puddies

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is nice, thank you. I have 2 more questions:

1) Is it also possible to use the original pokemon bank with my "hacked" editions, when I pay the 5 euros per year? (Maybe someday I want to transfer these pokemon to nx, who knows what kind of games nx will provide in the future?)
2) Can I trade pokemon with other players online? So that I do not have to play all 6 editions to get all pokemon?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is nice, thank you. I have 2 more questions:

1) Is it also possible to use the original pokemon bank with my "hacked" editions, when I pay the 5 euros per year? (Maybe someday I want to transfer these pokemon to nx, who knows what kind of games nx will provide in the future?)
2) Can I trade pokemon with other players online? So that I do not have to play all 6 editions to get all pokemon?
Answers to both questions are yes after you've done at least Part 3 of Plailect's guide and Secton II of Part 4.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Make sure to look after a 3DS with firmware on 10.7 or below. Also don't ever update. You can install Browserhax and Menuhax on this version, giving you access to Homebrew Menu. There you can use a save manager to backup your saves and edit them the way you like. We also have a very good Homebrew called PHBank, that works the same as a pokebank, so you could also use it. And if someday you decide to go down the "wrong way", you can follow Plailect's Guide (Google for it) and install the games on your console.

Can you please specify, why did you call Plailect's Guide as "wrong way"? What would be the other option?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah ok, thank you. Then I misunderstood that. :)

Will I need an SD card to play backup games or is it possible to copy 3ds games to the console?
What would you recommend?

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, thank you. Then I misunderstood that. :)

Will I need an SD card to play backup games or is it possible to copy 3ds games to the console?
What would you recommend?
Really you need an SD in general, as the 3DS relies heavily on one
All games are saved to the SD card (Along with numerous configuration files, but that's aside from the point). The system comes with a 4GB SD card, so I'd rely on that until you find the system's firmware
(If it's on 10.7 or lower, then feel free to get a big SD for any backups. 32GB minimum)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun