Pokemon FireRed v1.0 and v1.1 saves

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by TM2-Megatron, Sep 7, 2009.

Sep 7, 2009
  1. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I was wondering if anyone here might know if the save files for Pokemon FireRed (and LeafGreen, by extension, I suppose; though I only have FireRed) are interchangeable between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the game. I currently have a 1.0 game pak, and am planning to pick up a 1.1. I was just hoping someone here may already know if a save dumped off my 1.0 game pak could be transferred to the 1.1 with the save functioning normally? I'm not sure how much was altered/corrected in the 1.1 edition of the game... the only one I know of for sure is the "glitch" in the display of the species name in the Pokedex.

2. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can you explain that glitch? Is there a site that shows it?
    Saves will work.

3. TM2-Megatron
    OP

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Thanks. As for the bug, it's described in the Trivia section of the Bulbapedia page on FireRed & LeafGreen. Essentially, it's a glitch in the way the some of the species names (usually longer ones) are read from memory. For example, in v1.0, Pidgey will display as "Tiny Pokemon" instead of "Tiny Bird Pokemon".

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok...Versions#Trivia