Emulation Pokemon fire red mGBA emulator file problems

BudderChicken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I've been playing Pokemon fire red on the internet on kbh.games (amazing, good quality site btw, check it out) and the game saves through .dat files that save on your computer. Now I downloaded the mGBA emulator and fire red ROM and I've tried converting the files to .sav through shunyweb *and* m3savetool and whenever I load the ROM and choose, Load alternate save and load the files, the intro just pauses and nothing happens. When I unpause it, nothing happens and I've noticed that the fps drops to less than one and then just stops showing. What do I do?

zeliakof_

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing Pokemon fire red on the internet on kbh.games (amazing, good quality site btw, check it out) and the game saves through .dat files that save on your computer. Now I downloaded the mGBA emulator and fire red ROM and I've tried converting the files to .sav through shunyweb *and* m3savetool and whenever I load the ROM and choose, Load alternate save and load the files, the intro just pauses and nothing happens. When I unpause it, nothing happens and I've noticed that the fps drops to less than one and then just stops showing. What do I do?
Yea I have been trying to find out an answer for this too for a long while
but cant ;-;

bobox911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem here is that kbh games saves the game using "snapshots" instead of using the save button in the menu. What you need to do for this to work is to convert the .dat file to a save state file for mGBA (it uses .ss0 i think) but I have not tested this because I can't find a converter that does this. If there were a converter I think this would work, so now we just need to find a converter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."