Pokémon feature/mechanics you'd like to see in the future?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's been years since I've been asking myself this question.

I'd love to see new types. For instance: "Light type" weak/strong against Dark and Fairy. Strong against Ghost and Bug. Weak against Psychic and Ground.

Also, I'd love to see Tri-Type Pokemons.

I know this is quite a bit childish question, but I'm curious to know if I'm the only one thinking about new stuff on a 20+year long franchise.

After all, this is a Gaming Oriented forum.
So fair question.

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure about another type tbh,

but i've always wanted some possible way to get your pokemon more than four attacks, kinda like in the anime.

While this could be very OP in some cases, id still prefer this instead of adding more stuff that rather reminds me of dragon ball z.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Proper 3D action battles. I want to take actual control of a pogymanz during battle and beat the shit out of other pogymanz myself. Get rid of the silly turn-based combat that stopped being fun 20 years ago and make the gameplay actually fun, challenging, and engaging. Will never happen in a main series game of course, and they'll just ruin it if they ever tried since they're all about easy handholding trash now, but one can dream.

Quite frankly I think it's also time to just stop adding new Pokemon and types and "MEGA SUPER AWESOME EVOLUTIONS!!" and whatever else and just focus on improving the overall gameplay in general. Give me a proper good story instead of "TEAM XYZ WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD BETTER LET THIS 10 YEAR OLD STOP THEM OH AND ALSO DO THE GYMS AND ELITE FOUR KBAI", a non-linear world that's actually fun to explore with plenty of towns and cities to visit, give me side quests to do to grind XP instead of having to grind on wild Pokemon forever, get rid of the hand-holdy bullshit they've been implementing for years, make the legendary's actually difficult to get instead of just giving them to me during the story on a platter.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tom Bombadildo Amen! I also think the amount of new Mons added each gen is starting to get out of hand, they're either some weird type combo/with crippling move sets, or clones & rip-offs of previous Mons, with little to no personality to them. Also, i agree most of the points you raised, a game with better story line/ exploration.. Etc. I just wish they they make a seperate game for the *REAL* fans with no holding back in any area, knowing that it'd sell well 'cause its Pokémon after all, why don' t they?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a Pokemon game with Harvest Moon like mechanics. I know that in a sense, games like Rune Factory are kinda like this, but I really love the idea of being able to go out on a Pokemon journey to beat all the gym leaders and then the elite 4, but at the start of every day (or whenever) if you wish, you could fly back to your own home and do some farming, optionally with the help of Pokemon that you can then turn around and sell your crops and make money from and improve your home and all that fun stuff, or you could use the crops as items for your Pokemon to help in battles and leveling up. And I also love the idea of being able to form relationships with other humans in a Pokemon game, maybe even get married (protagonist would naturally need to be a bit older in such a game maybe like 18 or 21).

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mega Evolution.
Steel to regain its resistances.
Ice to gain resistances to Water, Grass, and maybe Normal too.
Special moves with 90, 110, and 130 Base Power to regain their former 95, 120, and 140 BP.
Battle Frontier.
Horde Battles/SOS Battles (amazing for EV training).
EXP. Share Key Item, to toggle party-wide EXP earning on and off.
VS Seeker.
All 809+ Pokémon; none left out.
All moves; none left out.
Seasons were cool.
Brand-new 3D models and animations, with actual attacking animations when moves are used (i.e. no more lazily moving the model on a pivot for Tail Whip, or static 'hops' for Double Kick, etc.)
Actual goddamn National Dex to complete.
Medal Rally would be nice, to have some actual goals - just maybe DON'T tie some to temporary online features, please? Like, say, the Dream World of old.
GET RID OF THE "New" TAG ON OBTAINED ITEMS! I KNOW WHAT I JUST BOUGHT/PICKED UP!
Aegislash to have its Base Stat nerf revoked.
More Pokémon to gain Base Stat buffs, a la both Gen VI and VII.

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand that its hard to keep the franchise interesting to everyone.

- If you make too few changes, its going to be boring soon. "its always the same, already had this before"

- If you change too much, bring tons of new pokemon, types, more crazy "super duper mega awesome"-evolution stuff and so on, there will be many ppl be like "what the hell is this? this is not what it used to be! not pokemon anymore, ridiculous!"

Diversity might be a good thing, but seriously, isn't it enough already? :P

@Tom Bombadildo: "Quite frankly I think it's also time to just stop adding new Pokemon and types and "MEGA SUPER AWESOME EVOLUTIONS!!" and whatever else and just focus on improving the overall gameplay in general."

Yes! Exactly!

A nice story, many different locations to explore. Give people some long term goals, without being ridiculous.

In general, i think they should in stick to the roots of Pokemon. Preserve what made it that popular and stop bringing up too much new weird stuff.
Primarily speaking of the main series games ;)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Allow all previously available Pokémon to at least be importable in newer games.

2. Day/night and seasons that properly match real life, like Animal Crossing. Have this affect available Pokémon and Pokémon forms. This will allow for more varied experiences.

3. Come out with some sort of Pokémon Maker game, and canonize some good ones in future games/updates.

4. Use a lot more Pokémon from older generations in newer games, and just make new Pokémon more likely to be encountered in the wild. This will also allow for more varied experiences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin...