Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus tap dancing christ stop wanting remakes all of the damn time!!

You see to Nintendo, remaking Silver/Gold is easy money. Dont you people want new experiances? New areas? The chance to walk diagonally? Come on stop buying these games, show Nintendo that we want some new games for once.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing to note is that there is only a new generation to go with a new system. The GBC introduced G/S, the GBA introduced R/S, and now the DS with D/P. If they're making something new it's for whatever the next handheld system will be.

As far as the remakes go, they all have a purpose (besides the obvious money one.)
With Ruby/Sapphire, you couldn't trade between them and the old GBC games. They made Fire Red/Leaf Green as a method of getting the old Kanto favorites into the new games.

Now with Diamond/Pearl, you can use the GBA Slot to transfer Pokemon from those to the DS. But even then, very few got the Johto Pokemon. A small number of them were obtainable int he other games, but for the most part you needed the Gamecube games to get them. But if you have a DSi, then you can't get them because no GBA slot = no transfering.

So the Gold/Silver remakes mean that the masses can finally get the Johto Pokemon the normal way.

I hope this makes sense I just said it as it came to my head.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe you do have a point but maybe making easy money but not on us most of us have R4's and a whole 1gb of games
smileipb2.png
and considering that gold and silver were the best pokemon games made and that there adding wifi and other things to make the DS remake better this remake is actually good but if you were talking about firered and leafgreen I would completly agree with you Hadrian.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they were something about breeding pokemon with this one, and that mixing different breeds will get you different results but then to me its still a cop out with this using an old story and map.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
I just want a all new game.
Then most likely we're waiting for the next handheld, unless Nintendo wants to break tradition and rush this generation to it's grave.
They should make a real console RPG, none of this Colosseum/Battle Revolution crap. But that's never going to happen knowing Nintendo.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
bwahahaha!
wait for the hackers to develop a DPP tileset specific =p then its possible to hack ds games its own tile/palette aswell
hehe
in the meanwhile keep it to gba romhacks for now.
there. something new

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Hadrian said:
Then most likely we're waiting for the next handheld, unless Nintendo wants to break tradition and rush this generation to it's grave.
They should make a real console RPG, none of this Colosseum/Battle Revolution crap. But that's never going to happen knowing Nintendo.
Yep thats when we'll get a all new proper Pokemon game. I doubt the Wii will get one thats any better than the meh GC ones.

Unless they remake Diamond & Pearl.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Jesus tap dancing christ stop wanting remakes all of the damn time!!

You see to Nintendo, remaking Silver/Gold is easy money. Dont you people want new experiances? New areas? The chance to walk diagonally? Come on stop buying these games, show Nintendo that we want some new games for once.
Ok. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you