Pokemon Emerald Romhacking limitations

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Dr Pikachu, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Dr Pikachu

Dr Pikachu Advanced Member

May 30, 2010
    United States
    For awhile now the Team Rocket community on Facebook has been working on a romhack. However, our work stopped in the earlier stages about a year ago due to an issue. I've been wanting to recruit a new team in a sense but I can promise this, this Team Rocket edition is special. The problem is that the ideas we have may not be able to done but I thought you guys might know.

First off, we're curious if we can modify the intro scene to be a Journal flashback from Firered at the Nugget Bridge when you're given the choice of being a Rocket admin or not.

The other problems we've ran into is, we're making it a mission based game. When you set off to your mission the Truck should act like the Fly.

Turning dangerous situations such the destruction of the S.S. Anne into a Safari Zone step game.

There's a lot more we plan on doing but I need the core questions answered first.
    Out of information overflow, if you want the entire storyline we're posting bit by bit here