Emulation pokemon emerald ROM clock fix

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have both an EDGE slot 1 cart and the slot 2 EZ flash V 3-in-1 expansion and i would like to play pokemon emerald. i have the game working, but i get that notorious internal battery has run dry message. is there any way to patch or fix that? id rather not lose access to shoal cave. i know that you can do it in VBA but i dont want to play it on VBA

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is a patch if your using the USA rom, it is the RTC patch. You should be able to find it in the download section.

If you can't find it there is the no frills page on poketheaven here:
http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch

The better hardware setup for pokemon users would have been the M3 GEP with gba exploader and any slot1 that isn't M3, in your case the Edge. You wouldn't need to patch ANY pokemon game for RTC because the M3 GEP comes with the RTC chip. This setup is more advantagious for international users because the RTC patch is only for 1 or 2 versions of pokemon at best, one of them being the USA version. And without the need for RTC patching issues you can play any language version of pokemon.

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your help, but unfortunately i was not able to find the patch or the fixed ROM on either site

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
After a google for the pokemon emerald rtc patch, I didn't find one. Your gonna have to use the hardware solution I mention.
id rather not buy another flash cart for that, ill manage with what i have. thank you anyway though. i guess if i have to resort to VBA and adding warp points for shoal cave in advance map. not what i planned on, but it works

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there are patches for Ruby and Sapphire but not for Emerald. Destructobot tried applying the same method used in the first two on Emerald but it didn't work at all.

Princess Rozalin

†GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†
Trophies
Website
z10.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
United States
quick Question the I Player with GBA DSI doesnt have a RTC setting so is there a Solution for that i been Wondering myself.

PS:its been 4 or 5 years since Pokemon Emerald been Released i would Expect a Fix by now lol?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: