Pokemon Emerald no calls patch?

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by BlueLeafeon, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BlueLeafeon
    OP

BlueLeafeon GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    I'm sure I'm not the only person in existence who found the phone calls feature frustrating and wished to remove it. I'm sure SOMEONE must have made a hack somewhere that disabled them, but for the love of everything, I can't find anything of the sort. (The fact that most search results mostly turn up random unrelated crap doesn't help.) Was this actually never done, despite how advanced the Pokemon hacking community was?

I mean it's not like said calls were needed in any way. They were just there to stop us from exploiting things for infinite walking and daycare leveling. Battles weren't reliant on phone calls at all.

2. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Wait there's phone calls in Emerald... Since when jeeze i must have really not payed attention..

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    jesas... i completely forgot... does emerald have phone calls???
    like in pokemon crystal?

what more pokemon games do have phone calls?

anyway.. i do believe this could be done with a simple cheat? but i never encountered anything to disable them... i think i seen in the past something for pokemon cristal but i am not sure...

4. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa AFF (Akiba Freedom Fighter)

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Akiba (Akihabara)
    emerald had these annoying calls over the Pokenav

5. BlueLeafeon
    OP

BlueLeafeon GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Yeah. They were put in to prevent people from abusing the mudslide or whatever for infinite steps. They worked just like G/S/C (you get random nonsensical calls that have nothing to do with anything and only serve to interrupt and annoy you) except that they weren't actually a requirement for rebattling trainers.

6. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa AFF (Akiba Freedom Fighter)

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Akiba (Akihabara)
    a friend of mine tried to create an AR cheatcode for that. game crashed if a call came....