Pokemon Emerald EZIII problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Tac 21, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009

Pokemon Emerald EZIII problems by Tac 21 at 9:35 PM (1,042 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Tac 21
    OP

Member Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    but the battle tower (and now of course the clock, thanks to my battery) will NEVER save, and when it does, it deletes ALL of my records from ALLL facitlites, not just the one.

what can I do to remedy this? besides get a new flash cart of course- its impossible to find GBA carts now.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    My remaining 4 EZ-III all finally died, they now ask me to pick language settings everytime. So I took 1 of the batteries out.

It is labeled as Panisonic VL-2020.

None of the ones I looked up on Mouser have the correct tab spacing for a 20mm sized battery, so I had to order the cheaper non rechargeable smaller ones, a 10mm or 12mm sized with the correct spacing.

I haven't got them ordered yet since everything is down for the weekend.

3. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    ahh, hey, we spoke about this in the past. Even about the battery model number differing in each cart.

yea, but is their ANY way I can obtain that Panisonic battery locally? if not, what was that site you used to order it?

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    you need to measure the tab spacing in mm from center to center of each tab or measure it from the board. Then look up the tab spacing online for a match.

Even if you order from mouser or digikey you can only have it ground shipped only in North America (USA and Canada), they do not allow for air transport of lithium based electronic products due to country laws. Best place to get one if you can would be either a hobby shop that carries it or order from one of the 2 and have it ground shipped to you.

I plan to get non rechargable versions so I don't have to deal with the charging, they will also cost about 2 to 3 bucks less than the rechargables. I'll get around to putting the batter replacement guide up when I get the chance then. Everyone will have to help find a local vendor equivalent for this to work.

When all your stuff need servicing all at the same time it makes for some urgency.

5. Tac 21
    OP

Canada
    how long will the non rechargeable's last? I can't even believe my reacharable only lasted a year!

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    about the same if they are the same size, 2 to 3 years, about 1 year on averave less if it is a size smaller put into a regular sized cart.