Pokemon Emerald and Ez Flash 3 in 1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by WatchGintama, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010
  1. WatchGintama
    OP

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I am using:
    - Ez Flash 3 in 1
    - Acekard 2
    - AKAIO 1.6 RC2

My save for Pokemon Emerald always gets deleted after I turn off my NDS Lite.

I've been searching around and I already tried SRAM patching the rom with GBATA and I tried using GBA exploader. I don't think my battery is dead because it just came in the mail yesterday from ShopTemp.

The saving for Zelda The Minish Cap works perfectly. it's only Pokemon that doesn't save.

is there a way to fix this?

2. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    The sav. file you said you are using did you start that game on the ds or is it an older save, I had the same problem I used akaio to flash pokemon to nor though, if your rom is patched then when you start a new game and save it there shouldnt be problems afterwards, if its an older save there are a few things you could look for, make sure the save is titled as follows romname.gba.sav and make sure it is 128kb and is in akaio format.

3. WatchGintama
    OP

United States
    it seems like there is no Pokemon Emerald.gba.sav file. does AKAIO make a .gba.sav file for Pokemon Emerald.gba automatically when I load it up? Like how when I start up .nds games it makes a .sav for me

4. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    no akaio makes the save after you save in game, its "deleting" your save because its not actually loading your save the pokemon games have a rtc problem and it will always indicate that the save is corrupt even if there is no save afterwards but it'll load the last save, in this case none, so if your save file is the right size 128kb then just simply rename it ROM_NAME.gba.sav and try running the game then if it doesnt load the sav still its because its in raw format if thats the case look for the gba save converter it should be on this site if not google it its used especially to conver raw saves to akaio format and vice vesa

5. WatchGintama
    OP

United States
    never mind. i'll try converting my sav brb

6. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    Another thing look at the settings for 3in1 make sure "gba save backup at startup" or something like that is is on always or automatic, try booting up the game again see if you if your save starts, always boot the game through the akaio menu not the nds menu, the .sav files are only visible if in you system settings you have set that any file is visible

7. WatchGintama
    OP

United States
    Ok this is what I did:

1. Start up game
    2. saved in-game
    3. convert the save file into AKAIO
    4. then I get a message "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage."

8. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    huh, well you only need to convert the save if you got your save from an emulator or from a original game, but anyways

you did say you patched you rom right?

then press start on the akaio menu and go to more then 3in1/Fas1

make sure you have your settings like this
    NOR Mode:Always
    Backup GBA save at startup: enabled
    Prompt before save/load:enabled

the other settings dont matter now, start emerald up again from the akaio menu and if it doesnt load up your new save, then start another file save it turn it off, and when you boot acekard it should ask if you want to backup your save press a always start the game and it should be saving normally now.

9. WatchGintama
    OP

United States
    I SRAM patched it with GBATA and put the output file on my Acekard 2. I load the Pokemon Emerald Rom in the Games folder. now when I save in-game it doesn't create a .gba.sav anymore :/

yup, I have those settings

10. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    huh thats weird, when you start the game does it prompt you to load the save? and does it prompt to back it up when you start akaio, thats weird all this worked for me the only thing I can think of is for you to delete the gba save you have now and try it all again but other then that I'm not sure like I said I had the same problem and this worked for me. Also check the file size of the gba.sav it might have been altered somehow since you converted into akaio when it wasn't necessary

11. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  12. ninty_g

Newcomer ninty_g Member

United States
    lol XD ya thats true, thats actually the topic that helped me but everything I did from that topic didn't seem to help him

haha XD anyways ya give that topic a read I might of missed something that could help you. XD

13. WatchGintama
    OP

United States
  14. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica