ROM Hack Pokémon Dream World Emulator

ElementalYveltalRuler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that Dream World will stop its activities on October with Pokémon X and Y Global Link Maintenance. So, I would ask to create a Dream World Emulator. What do you think?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'd say dreamworld would be a tad bid harder than gts too... i mean... dreamworld is this whole interactive website kinda thing...
i mean, you could probably get as far as sending pokemon and getting them back... but what goods that gonna do you?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Personally I think nobody really cares about the Dreamworld itself but the Pokemon you can get sent over there. Pokécheck already serves as a way to get event Pokémon, breeding material (including DW females) and such. Otherwise if what people really want are DW Pokémon with their own OTs then that's a more complicated matter since it would involve creating a server that replicates the info for Pokemon to get into the Entralink (all this assuming retail games since I recall there's an entralink editor already which wouldn't be any different from an emulator anyway).

Reactions: Rydian

tan-tan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I think nobody really cares about the Dreamworld itself but the Pokemon you can get sent over there. Pokécheck already serves as a way to get event Pokémon, breeding material (including DW females) and such. Otherwise if what people really want are DW Pokémon with their own OTs then that's a more complicated matter since it would involve creating a server that replicates the info for Pokemon to get into the Entralink (all this assuming retail games since I recall there's an entralink editor already which wouldn't be any different from an emulator anyway).

Besides just the DW Pokemon themselves, once the Dream World closes, you won't be able to get any C-Gear skins or downloadable content, and the Black White 2 medals involving the Dream World will be impossible to earn.

D

Deleted-236924

Besides just the DW Pokemon themselves, once the Dream World closes, you won't be able to get any C-Gear skins or downloadable content, and the Black White 2 medals involving the Dream World will be impossible to earn.

You can add Pokémon to your Entree forest using Pokéstock and get the medals that way. :)

tan-tan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can add Pokémon to your Entree forest using Pokéstock and get the medals that way. :)

whaaaaaaaat. Never heard about that before. gonna go check that out.
EDIT: It's not easy to use on retail carts. :( I was hoping it used a DNS server or something.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So a guy who only just made an account comes in and asks for someone to make something that, even if it was feasible, would take months, if not a year or two, to make, without offering any kind of compensation in return.

Yeah, I've seen this happen on GBA temp way too many times.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

I remember people over at Smogon claiming that it was even possible to add your own custom C-Gear skins to the game. Although it was probably just for flashcarts, I never got into it any further .__.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Not all of us use R4 cards... Some of us actually you know.. buys our games.
Because we all know it's impossible to have real carts and flash carts at the same time. Oh wait...
P1020827.jpg

Well it's not like you can dump your own ROMs from carts you bought. Oh wait...
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/a...-dumper-tools-wifi-r30-slot-2-r20-f13096.html

Well it's not like can use a flash cart (in a DS/Lite) to apply cheats to retail carts. Oh wait...
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-nitro-hax-092-f3961.html

Reactions: Sanoblue and NEP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1