ROM Hack Pokemon Dream Radar Cart Redirect Patch - Use save file on SD instead of NDS cart

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know why but renaming Pokemon White 2.nds to white2.nds it gives me a white screen on both screens launching on Twilight Menu++. It was working before with other pokemon white 2 (EUR), if i rename the game to another name it launches perfectly.
What if you stay at your old file name and use this line of code to generate a patch for your specific setup?
python poke_redirect.py pokear IRDO "/nds/saves/white2.sav" > code.ips

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i know this is a super old post but is it possible to make a patch for the 3ds's download play to spoof a game cart + save file so that transfers to bw2 would become possible? this is the last milestone stopping someone playing on a rom from transferring old pokemon to bank/home without inserting their actual cartridge.

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i know this is a super old post but is it possible to make a patch for the 3ds's download play to spoof a game cart + save file so that transfers to bw2 would become possible? this is the last milestone stopping someone playing on a rom from transferring old pokemon to bank/home without inserting their actual cartridge.
I think that's unrelated to this thread.

If you want to transfer your Pokémon across your games you could just use something like PKSM

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mostly on step 2 to rename the past and all of that
Download the patches first:
1650151754224.png

Extract the archive and in the "radar" folder, you will find two patches, one for black 2 and one for white 2

1650151853615.png

If you want to use Dream Radar with Black 2, use the black2.ips, and if you want to use White 2, use the white2.ips

On your SD card, in the luma folder, create a "titles" folder, and inside that folder, make a folder with 00040000000AE100 as the name.

1650152030105.png

put black2.ips or white2.ips inside that folder, depending on which game you want to use Dream Radar with. For th is example I will use white2.ips

1650152080610.png

Click once on the patch file, and press F2. This will highlight the filename and allow you to change it.

1650152121947.png

Rename this to code.ips, and press Enter to confirm

1650152188919.png

At this point the patch should be in place. All that's left to do is to create a "roms" folder at the root of your SD card, and inside that folder, create a "nds" folder. In the "nds" folder, create a "saves" folder.

1650152276494.png

Put your save file inside that folder, and rename it to black2.sav or white2.sav, depending on the version of the game you want to use Dream Radar with (if you want to alternate, you will have to replace the ips patch with the other version first!)

1650152419374.png

Now you're done setting up your SD card. Put it back into your console and hold Select while powering on. On the Luma configuration screen, you want to ensure that "Enable game patching" is activated (use Up and Down on the d-pad to navigate to it, and press A to make an (x) show up.) Then press Start to save the configuration and boot into the system.

That's it, the patch should work and you should be able to use Dream Radar with your save file on the SD card.

Reactions: itsthebrazilianone

itsthebrazilianone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Extract the archive and in the "radar" folder, you will find two patches, one for black 2 and one for white 2

If you want to use Dream Radar with Black 2, use the black2.ips, and if you want to use White 2, use the white2.ips

On your SD card, in the luma folder, create a "titles" folder, and inside that folder, make a folder with 00040000000AE100 as the name.

put black2.ips or white2.ips inside that folder, depending on which game you want to use Dream Radar with. For th is example I will use white2.ips

Click once on the patch file, and press F2. This will highlight the filename and allow you to change it.

At this point the patch should be in place. All that's left to do is to create a "roms" folder at the root of your SD card, and inside that folder, create a "nds" folder. In the "nds" folder, create a "saves" folder.

Put your save file inside that folder, and rename it to black2.sav or white2.sav, depending on the version of the game you want to use Dream Radar with (if you want to alternate, you will have to replace the ips patch with the other version first!)

Now you're done setting up your SD card. Put it back into your console and hold Select while powering on. On the Luma configuration screen, you want to ensure that "Enable game patching" is activated (use Up and Down on the d-pad to navigate to it, and press A to make an (x) show up.) Then press Start to save the configuration and boot into the system.

That's it, the patch should work and you should be able to use Dream Radar with your save file on the SD card.
omg thank you so much this is SO helpful thanks buddy

Reactions: Takokeshi

itsthebrazilianone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
omg thank you so much this is SO helpful thanks buddy
OK i know that Im dumb and shit but bro,i clicked to transfer the pokemon from dream radar to bw2 withou having the pokedex in the games (since I was so exicited that it works I was doing things really fast) and now i cant receive these pokemons because in the unova link says that are no to be recivied from the dream radar, but in the dream radar says that I have to receive my pokemons in the unova link. Sorry but there is a way for me to receive these mons?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have both black 2 and white 2 should i use both patches?
I was just wondering about that too, I think they'd need to be combined into a single patch somehow to work that way, otherwise, using Lasagna as a mod loader might be the only option to have both active, though you'd have to launch it and change your plugin before loading Dream Radar or Poke Transporter if you were to switch from utilizing it from Black 2 to White 2 or vice versa.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I was just wondering about that too, I think they'd need to be combined into a single patch somehow to work that way, otherwise, using Lasagna as a mod loader might be the only option to have both active, though you'd have to launch it and change your plugin before loading Dream Radar or Poke Transporter if you were to switch from utilizing it from Black 2 to White 2 or vice versa.
but i didn,t found cheat plugins for dream radar

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could always try using the same patch for both and just renaming your save data, given that save data for both games should be compatible with one another. I can't guarantee it may not break some things though.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i didn,t found cheat plugins for dream radar
Whatever works, just saying if you want for the plugin to be the solution it either needs to be combined into a single patch somehow or loaded up separately at this time. That wasn't to say that there may not be alternative solutions entirely.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

brickuriku

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

ok sa i followed this bit by bit , but the renameing part doesn't work , my black 2 didn't recognize it and made a new save what do i do now ?

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my black 2 didn't recognize it and made a new save what do i do now ?
Seems like your save couldn't be found. Make sure that your saves are in the right directory and have the correct name. The name of the same is typically identical with the name of the rom (with a different file ending)

hachmommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i know that Im dumb and shit but bro,i clicked to transfer the pokemon from dream radar to bw2 withou having the pokedex in the games (since I was so exicited that it works I was doing things really fast) and now i cant receive these pokemons because in the unova link says that are no to be recivied from the dream radar, but in the dream radar says that I have to receive my pokemons in the unova link. Sorry but there is a way for me to receive these mons?
hey I know this was a while ago, but I ran into the same problem as you and just resolved it so I may be able to help.

First make sure to name your rom white2.nds or black2.nds so that it can read a save called white2 or black2.nds . When you rename your save file that has already received dream radar data, it will now be able open and actually write the contents to the save. From there you can just receive the first transfer and then the second so you're free to transfer from dream radar again. File names can be changed within FBI to save time. hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr