Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Major Update! EXP. Candies Return!)

Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1
QrTxdpw.png
k78tWGs.png

I can't believe I am finally writing this, but Phives and I are proud to finally present Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield, a difficulty romhack. Why release another romhack when Sacred Sword & King's Shield is out, you may ask? Well to be quite honest, that project was rushed and is not something we are particularly proud of. So, we have been working on an entirely new one ever since the release of the Crown Tundra. Now, over half a year later and a LOT of hours sunk into playtesting, we are finally ready to release the first version!

Intro - What is Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield?
Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield is a difficulty romhack, taking inspiration mostly from Drayano's work. However, I also played Radical Red last year and took some inspiration from that, although outside of QoL features those are purely optional. So don't worry if you want to play in Switch mode and use healing items in battle! We've made edits to nearly every Pokemon, mainly focusing on making egg and tutor moves available through normal level up movesets as well as providing buffs and new moves to tons of different Pokémon. Of course, there is documentation for everything included in the google drive folder with the download. We've of course redone the team of every single trainer in the game, and hope to encourage team building in order to over come these challenges. However, it is important to remember that all of this is done within the confines of Sword & Shield. We cannot make the AI super smart, nor can we force certain aspects like a level cap, etc. However, we have gone to great lengths in order to make it the best we possible could.

Notable Features:
  • Completely reworked Raid rewards system
  • All 600 Pokémon from Sword & Shield (including DLC) catchable outside of the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra
  • Overhauled boss battles
  • Quality of life features such as purchasable EV reducers
  • Shop overhauls in order to make competitive items easily accessible
  • Healing items disabled during trainer battles (THIS IS OPTIONAL)
  • Battle Items removed from the game (not optional, as X items are the new purchasable EV reducing items)
  • Edited Adventure Guide for in game documentation
  • Edited Pokémon & various buffs/moveset edits.

Screenshots (there are lot of them and they are BIG so here is your warning):
IOxSesg.jpg
gvXMZBJ.jpg
Wk3bUqM.jpg
haLThqD.jpg
mZvflYh.jpg
IhNwR3u.png
5x8IL0v.png
OgCFhvt.png
9XgUKQ5.png
4PEfSKt.png
5DPYDzW.png
SewcMFs.png
R9YAWUk.png
Q2F75lK.png
jPIwxJm.png
oRPFzkX.png
rJTXPB2.png
NOsYJxJ.png
O29i4RV.png
iDSARI6.png
2pOe0A8.png

v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

!!SELL ALL OF YOUR "MEDICINE" ITEMS THAT ARE IN YOUR "ITEMS" POUCH PRIOR TO UPDATING IF YOU DO NOT USE THE USABLE HEALING ITEMS PATCH!!

Healing items have been moved back to the "Medicine" pouch, and are still not usable in battle without the patch.

EXP. Candies make their return, obtainable through shops in every Pokecenter. They appear as you get Gym badges in the following tiers:
  • XS - 0 Badges ₽600
  • S - 2 Badges ₽1,000
  • M - 4 Badges ₽3,000
  • L - 6 Badges ₽9,000
  • XL - 7 Badges ₽27,000
All changes regarding EXP. Candies are tentative and subject to change. Please provide your feedback!
In addition, all Nature Mints are now purchasable from the start of the game at all Pokecenters for ₽7,500.
Wishing Pieces are also in every Pokecenter for ₽5,000

As a test, Ballonlea's Pokecenter has a new NPC behind the left counter that will offer to feed your pokemon Max Soup for 3 Max Mushrooms.
Max Mushrooms can be purchased at any Pokecenter after receiving 5 Gym Badges.
In future updates, this NPC will be in all Pokecenters.
Max Mushrooms are now in the "Items" pouch.

Hammerlocke City - Centeral Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Power Bracer
  • Power Belt
  • Power Lens
  • Power Band
  • Power Anklet
  • Power Weight
  • Destiny Knot
  • PP Up
  • Razor Claw
  • Protector
  • Reaper Claw
  • Whipped Dream
  • Sachet

Motostoke City - Souther Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Speed Down
  • HP down

Hammerlocke City - West Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Bounce
  • Fling
  • Power Swap
  • Guard Swap
  • Speed Swap
  • Drain Punch
  • Trick Room
  • Wonder Room
  • Magic Room
  • Razor Shell
  • Mystical Fire

Hammerlocke City - East Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Solar Blade
  • Self-Destruct
  • Giga Drain

Video Detailing the Changes

Details for how to install are in the README included in the Google Drive folder. Please read it. Documentation is also in that folder, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

Credits & Thanks
  • The amazing creators of pkNX, this project would not be possible without their hard work
  • Drayano, for allowing us to reference some of their changes from Renegade Platinum.
  • The creator of Radical Red, soupercell, for allowing us to use certain Pokémon edits from their romhack in ours
  • https://twitter.com/__Toner___ for the logos

Pokejobs being broken is an intentional feature in order to prevent an EXP/EV exploit.
The only part of the Post Game that is currently finished is the Hop & Sordward/Shielbert section. Champions Cup rematches and such are not edited yet.

Last edited by Kobazco,

7hornadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having trouble getting the game to show me what pokemon my opponent is going to switch to. For example when I am fighting a trainer and kill their pokemon when the game offers to let me switch my pokemon it says "Trainer is going to send in pokemon would you like to to switch your pokemon?"

vs "Trainer is going to send in pikachu would you like to switch your pokemon?"

Is there a way to fix this?

1- Open the mod folder.
2 - Inside the mod folder, open: romfs > bin > message > English > common
3 - Delete the file: btl_std.dat
4 - Done.

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it a good idea to play this mode if you haven't played the originals? I don't really want to even touch my copy of shield - it seems too scraped.

ThunderUltra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey there, i wanna ask about the infinite loading of my pokemon sword with your divine mod i jut put on it. Running latest yuzu, version of pokemon is 1.3.2 + both dlc on. Not realy sure, what should i do or at least check to make it work.

UPD: nvm, it works for me now, thanks for the hack! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by ThunderUltra,

Freiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I am curious if the new trainer teams have perfect IVs, random IVs or an arbitrary value. Would be useful knowledge for planning future battles

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious if the new trainer teams have perfect IVs, random IVs or an arbitrary value. Would be useful knowledge for planning future battles
You can assume 31 IVs for all of the fights starting at either 5th or 6th gym. 6th gym for certain.

Seylerius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could ask for a bit of help, what's the best way to apply further tweaks to this for a personalized playthrough? I have the Sword cartridge, the Sword 0100ABF008968000 NSZ, the latest Atmosphere, and pkNX available to me. I can't figure out which format I need to be giving it to pkNX in or how to best produce that.

Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited by Seylerius,

Seylerius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, better question: do you have any references you can share on where you learned to edit the scripts and placements, for adding custom NPCs, events, or gifts?

teh_drumerer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully this hasn’t been asked before…
I’m trying backup save using JKSV (atmosphere, hb app), but when I select Shield in JKSV, it tells me that no save exists. do you know anything about this issue or perhaps where the save might be located if not in the normal location?
thanks!

teh_drumerer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully this hasn’t been asked before…
I’m trying backup save using JKSV (atmosphere, hb app), but when I select Shield in JKSV, it tells me that no save exists. do you know anything about this issue or perhaps where the save might be located if not in the normal location?
thanks!
nvm, the problem fixed itself somehow.

Freiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
This is definitely either an issue with how you install it, or being on the wrong version of SwSh, etc. I recommend you try reinstalling. This is not an issue with the mod.
So I tried on my Shield version and everything worked great. I finished the game and decided to try Sword again, but the problem with some trainers having the vanilla teams persisted here.
This lead me to check the romhack files and turns out that the /trainer/trainer_poke folder were missing half the files that the shield hack folder has. Copying the last 150ish poke_xxx.bin files from shield over to sword has fixed it, but I am worried that there may be issues with the differences between the two versions.

Regardless I am just writing here to let you know that you might have forgotten some files in your upload and to tell anybody else with the same issue where the error lies.
Ps. great job with the romhack. If I had to mention a couple of things criticisms, one would be the annoyance of the amount of Focus Sash and Life Orb users on the enemy teams. It makes sense that Gym Leaders would use one here and there, but the fact that every random trainer uses them can be a bit annoying when you don't even have access to Life Orb yourself until the late game xD
Also Pixelate Unfeazant is very overpowered. Extreme Speed alone can sweep the entire Dark Type gym as well as all Marnie battles with no issue.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried on my Shield version and everything worked great. I finished the game and decided to try Sword again, but the problem with some trainers having the vanilla teams persisted here.
This lead me to check the romhack files and turns out that the /trainer/trainer_poke folder were missing half the files that the shield hack folder has. Copying the last 150ish poke_xxx.bin files from shield over to sword has fixed it, but I am worried that there may be issues with the differences between the two versions.

Regardless I am just writing here to let you know that you might have forgotten some files in your upload and to tell anybody else with the same issue where the error lies.
Ps. great job with the romhack. If I had to mention a couple of things criticisms, one would be the annoyance of the amount of Focus Sash and Life Orb users on the enemy teams. It makes sense that Gym Leaders would use one here and there, but the fact that every random trainer uses them can be a bit annoying when you don't even have access to Life Orb yourself until the late game xD
Also Pixelate Unfeazant is very overpowered. Extreme Speed alone can sweep the entire Dark Type gym as well as all Marnie battles with no issue.
Hey there, I just downloaded it for myself to make sure, and none of the files in /trainer/trainer_poke/ are missing. Must've been a bad download for you somehow. Strange.

Orb384

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
1643092665565.png

I'm at the middle Pokemon Center in Hammerlocke and I'm planning to EV train some of my Pokémon's Attack stat, but... I guess the Power Bracer isn't sold here? Unless it's sold in some Pokemon Center elsewhere. For now, I think I'll settle with trying to find feathers, but I really want a fix for this.

Enjoying the mod btw, I just finished Circhester's gym, and I can already feel my Pokemon slipping up which is why I felt the need to optimize my team haha

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've never played the game but this mod looks perfect to start a more enjoyable session!
It's possible to make all pokémon evolve? I mean even pokémon who needs exchange system ?

Spacemooncow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving the challenge but I wish there's a faster way to get feathers. The raids are just too annoying with the animation locks and loading.

Flourizarre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @Kobazco ! I would like to thank you for this amazing rom hack. I am halfway through it and I have such a great time ! Never played sword or shield before, waiting for a difficulty hack, and this is perfect :D

I have one minor question regarding the rom: It's said many times that the dlcs are not implemented but what do you mean by that? I guess it's still vanilla and it wouldn't matter but I don't want to risk save corruption (though I have back up and I can try anyway). Or it means that you are working on it and we should wait?

Good luck for your future work ;)

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Kobazco ! I would like to thank you for this amazing rom hack. I am halfway through it and I have such a great time ! Never played sword or shield before, waiting for a difficulty hack, and this is perfect :D

I have one minor question regarding the rom: It's said many times that the dlcs are not implemented but what do you mean by that? I guess it's still vanilla and it wouldn't matter but I don't want to risk save corruption (though I have back up and I can try anyway). Or it means that you are working on it and we should wait?

Good luck for your future work ;)
It just means I haven't edited the DLC areas trainers and stuff.

Spacemooncow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the game. I wanna thank the creators to all their effort. Weird how the difficulty spiked for me in the middle of the game. I noticed the first half was frontloaded with thunderwave spam. XD

Reactions: Kobazco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone