Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Major Update! EXP. Candies Return!)

Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1
QrTxdpw.png
k78tWGs.png

I can't believe I am finally writing this, but Phives and I are proud to finally present Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield, a difficulty romhack. Why release another romhack when Sacred Sword & King's Shield is out, you may ask? Well to be quite honest, that project was rushed and is not something we are particularly proud of. So, we have been working on an entirely new one ever since the release of the Crown Tundra. Now, over half a year later and a LOT of hours sunk into playtesting, we are finally ready to release the first version!

Intro - What is Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield?
Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield is a difficulty romhack, taking inspiration mostly from Drayano's work. However, I also played Radical Red last year and took some inspiration from that, although outside of QoL features those are purely optional. So don't worry if you want to play in Switch mode and use healing items in battle! We've made edits to nearly every Pokemon, mainly focusing on making egg and tutor moves available through normal level up movesets as well as providing buffs and new moves to tons of different Pokémon. Of course, there is documentation for everything included in the google drive folder with the download. We've of course redone the team of every single trainer in the game, and hope to encourage team building in order to over come these challenges. However, it is important to remember that all of this is done within the confines of Sword & Shield. We cannot make the AI super smart, nor can we force certain aspects like a level cap, etc. However, we have gone to great lengths in order to make it the best we possible could.

Notable Features:
  • Completely reworked Raid rewards system
  • All 600 Pokémon from Sword & Shield (including DLC) catchable outside of the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra
  • Overhauled boss battles
  • Quality of life features such as purchasable EV reducers
  • Shop overhauls in order to make competitive items easily accessible
  • Healing items disabled during trainer battles (THIS IS OPTIONAL)
  • Battle Items removed from the game (not optional, as X items are the new purchasable EV reducing items)
  • Edited Adventure Guide for in game documentation
  • Edited Pokémon & various buffs/moveset edits.

Screenshots (there are lot of them and they are BIG so here is your warning):
IOxSesg.jpg
gvXMZBJ.jpg
Wk3bUqM.jpg
haLThqD.jpg
mZvflYh.jpg
IhNwR3u.png
5x8IL0v.png
OgCFhvt.png
9XgUKQ5.png
4PEfSKt.png
5DPYDzW.png
SewcMFs.png
R9YAWUk.png
Q2F75lK.png
jPIwxJm.png
oRPFzkX.png
rJTXPB2.png
NOsYJxJ.png
O29i4RV.png
iDSARI6.png
2pOe0A8.png

v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

!!SELL ALL OF YOUR "MEDICINE" ITEMS THAT ARE IN YOUR "ITEMS" POUCH PRIOR TO UPDATING IF YOU DO NOT USE THE USABLE HEALING ITEMS PATCH!!

Healing items have been moved back to the "Medicine" pouch, and are still not usable in battle without the patch.

EXP. Candies make their return, obtainable through shops in every Pokecenter. They appear as you get Gym badges in the following tiers:
  • XS - 0 Badges ₽600
  • S - 2 Badges ₽1,000
  • M - 4 Badges ₽3,000
  • L - 6 Badges ₽9,000
  • XL - 7 Badges ₽27,000
All changes regarding EXP. Candies are tentative and subject to change. Please provide your feedback!
In addition, all Nature Mints are now purchasable from the start of the game at all Pokecenters for ₽7,500.
Wishing Pieces are also in every Pokecenter for ₽5,000

As a test, Ballonlea's Pokecenter has a new NPC behind the left counter that will offer to feed your pokemon Max Soup for 3 Max Mushrooms.
Max Mushrooms can be purchased at any Pokecenter after receiving 5 Gym Badges.
In future updates, this NPC will be in all Pokecenters.
Max Mushrooms are now in the "Items" pouch.

Hammerlocke City - Centeral Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Power Bracer
  • Power Belt
  • Power Lens
  • Power Band
  • Power Anklet
  • Power Weight
  • Destiny Knot
  • PP Up
  • Razor Claw
  • Protector
  • Reaper Claw
  • Whipped Dream
  • Sachet

Motostoke City - Souther Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Speed Down
  • HP down

Hammerlocke City - West Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Bounce
  • Fling
  • Power Swap
  • Guard Swap
  • Speed Swap
  • Drain Punch
  • Trick Room
  • Wonder Room
  • Magic Room
  • Razor Shell
  • Mystical Fire

Hammerlocke City - East Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Solar Blade
  • Self-Destruct
  • Giga Drain

Video Detailing the Changes

Details for how to install are in the README included in the Google Drive folder. Please read it. Documentation is also in that folder, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

Credits & Thanks
  • The amazing creators of pkNX, this project would not be possible without their hard work
  • Drayano, for allowing us to reference some of their changes from Renegade Platinum.
  • The creator of Radical Red, soupercell, for allowing us to use certain Pokémon edits from their romhack in ours
  • https://twitter.com/__Toner___ for the logos

Pokejobs being broken is an intentional feature in order to prevent an EXP/EV exploit.
The only part of the Post Game that is currently finished is the Hop & Sordward/Shielbert section. Champions Cup rematches and such are not edited yet.

Last edited by Kobazco,

piuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug when it came to Cherrim. I evolved it into day form, and when I quit the emulator and reloaded Cherrim is now in night form.

Reactions: Kobazco

SaLaika

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I found a bug in the while playing Divine Sword ver on Yuzu, when I fight Hop after the post-game in the Slumbering Weald it seems all of his pokemon are revert back to vanilla game level (around 60), but the fight with Sordward right after are level 100s which I am assumed as the mod intended. Please check on that.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Intentional design decision left over from when we started work on the romhack, we might remove it in the next major update.

Makes sense. Knowing what Pokemon is coming out makes things easier. If you were to play a human, they don't tell you which pokemon they're switching to.

Reactions: metalpsi

StonerMk2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is throwing Wishing Pieces into empty dens broken? Seems to freeze yuzu when saving, so came here to see if its a yuzu issue or not

metalpsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
thank you Kobazco for this AWESOME mod! i played king's shield last year and can't wait to play the updated versions. can't wait for nessa to humiliate me again

Reactions: Kobazco

MinecraHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what would i have to do to remove the Base Stat changes, Type Changes, Move changes, new moves the pokemon learn and moves that are learnt at different levels and the changed overworld/random encounters?

Nuzlocke

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can walk me through on how to download the rom? I’ve downloaded what I need to but don’t understand what to do with the folders and how to retrieve the rom.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can walk me through on how to download the rom? I’ve downloaded what I need to but don’t understand what to do with the folders and how to retrieve the rom.
Downloading the rom for the game itself is not something I can help you with, as that's illegal.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the base speed of Dusk Lycanroc also increased, or just day Lycanroc in this hack? Also is there any way to obtain Galarian Slowking prior to post-game Crown Tundra?

Freiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I am uncertain if this has been mentioned before or if it is specific issue related to my download, but some battles are not updated to reflect the documentation of this hack.
If I remember correctly both Galar Mine Bede battle, as well as many Team Yelp battles and the first Marnie battle are at least still using the canon teams around 10 levels below my own.
I also remember a trainer somewhere around route 3 or 4 using a level 100 Nidorino with no moves. He took out 3 of my pokemon with Struggle before killing himself. That is really annoying

Freiden

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I am uncertain if this has been mentioned before or if it is specific issue related to my download, but some battles are not updated to reflect the documentation of this hack.
If I remember correctly both Galar Mine Bede battle, as well as many Team Yelp battles and the first Marnie battle are at least still using the canon teams around 10 levels below my own.
I also remember a trainer somewhere around route 3 or 4 using a level 100 Nidorino with no moves. He took out 3 of my pokemon with Struggle before killing himself. That is really annoying
Just noticed that first Marnie fight also has a couple ungendered level 100 Pikachu named Egg only providing 1 exp and crashing my game if they get to use a move... wtf?

Last edited by Freiden,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that first Marnie fight also has a couple ungendered level 100 Pikachu named Egg only providing 1 exp and crashing my game if they get to use a move... wtf?
This is definitely either an issue with how you install it, or being on the wrong version of SwSh, etc. I recommend you try reinstalling. This is not an issue with the mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch...