Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield (Version 1.1 Major Update! EXP. Candies Return!)

Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield - v1.1
QrTxdpw.png
k78tWGs.png

I can't believe I am finally writing this, but Phives and I are proud to finally present Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield, a difficulty romhack. Why release another romhack when Sacred Sword & King's Shield is out, you may ask? Well to be quite honest, that project was rushed and is not something we are particularly proud of. So, we have been working on an entirely new one ever since the release of the Crown Tundra. Now, over half a year later and a LOT of hours sunk into playtesting, we are finally ready to release the first version!

Intro - What is Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield?
Pokémon Divine Sword & Blessed Shield is a difficulty romhack, taking inspiration mostly from Drayano's work. However, I also played Radical Red last year and took some inspiration from that, although outside of QoL features those are purely optional. So don't worry if you want to play in Switch mode and use healing items in battle! We've made edits to nearly every Pokemon, mainly focusing on making egg and tutor moves available through normal level up movesets as well as providing buffs and new moves to tons of different Pokémon. Of course, there is documentation for everything included in the google drive folder with the download. We've of course redone the team of every single trainer in the game, and hope to encourage team building in order to over come these challenges. However, it is important to remember that all of this is done within the confines of Sword & Shield. We cannot make the AI super smart, nor can we force certain aspects like a level cap, etc. However, we have gone to great lengths in order to make it the best we possible could.

Notable Features:
  • Completely reworked Raid rewards system
  • All 600 Pokémon from Sword & Shield (including DLC) catchable outside of the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra
  • Overhauled boss battles
  • Quality of life features such as purchasable EV reducers
  • Shop overhauls in order to make competitive items easily accessible
  • Healing items disabled during trainer battles (THIS IS OPTIONAL)
  • Battle Items removed from the game (not optional, as X items are the new purchasable EV reducing items)
  • Edited Adventure Guide for in game documentation
  • Edited Pokémon & various buffs/moveset edits.

Screenshots (there are lot of them and they are BIG so here is your warning):
IOxSesg.jpg
gvXMZBJ.jpg
Wk3bUqM.jpg
haLThqD.jpg
mZvflYh.jpg
IhNwR3u.png
5x8IL0v.png
OgCFhvt.png
9XgUKQ5.png
4PEfSKt.png
5DPYDzW.png
SewcMFs.png
R9YAWUk.png
Q2F75lK.png
jPIwxJm.png
oRPFzkX.png
rJTXPB2.png
NOsYJxJ.png
O29i4RV.png
iDSARI6.png
2pOe0A8.png

v1.1 Changelog: Return of the EXP. Candies

!!SELL ALL OF YOUR "MEDICINE" ITEMS THAT ARE IN YOUR "ITEMS" POUCH PRIOR TO UPDATING IF YOU DO NOT USE THE USABLE HEALING ITEMS PATCH!!

Healing items have been moved back to the "Medicine" pouch, and are still not usable in battle without the patch.

EXP. Candies make their return, obtainable through shops in every Pokecenter. They appear as you get Gym badges in the following tiers:
  • XS - 0 Badges ₽600
  • S - 2 Badges ₽1,000
  • M - 4 Badges ₽3,000
  • L - 6 Badges ₽9,000
  • XL - 7 Badges ₽27,000
All changes regarding EXP. Candies are tentative and subject to change. Please provide your feedback!
In addition, all Nature Mints are now purchasable from the start of the game at all Pokecenters for ₽7,500.
Wishing Pieces are also in every Pokecenter for ₽5,000

As a test, Ballonlea's Pokecenter has a new NPC behind the left counter that will offer to feed your pokemon Max Soup for 3 Max Mushrooms.
Max Mushrooms can be purchased at any Pokecenter after receiving 5 Gym Badges.
In future updates, this NPC will be in all Pokecenters.
Max Mushrooms are now in the "Items" pouch.

Hammerlocke City - Centeral Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Power Bracer
  • Power Belt
  • Power Lens
  • Power Band
  • Power Anklet
  • Power Weight
  • Destiny Knot
  • PP Up
  • Razor Claw
  • Protector
  • Reaper Claw
  • Whipped Dream
  • Sachet

Motostoke City - Souther Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following items:
  • Speed Down
  • HP down

Hammerlocke City - West Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Bounce
  • Fling
  • Power Swap
  • Guard Swap
  • Speed Swap
  • Drain Punch
  • Trick Room
  • Wonder Room
  • Magic Room
  • Razor Shell
  • Mystical Fire

Hammerlocke City - East Pokemon Center (Right Counter) Now has the following TMs:
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch
  • Thunder Punch
  • Solar Blade
  • Self-Destruct
  • Giga Drain

Video Detailing the Changes

Details for how to install are in the README included in the Google Drive folder. Please read it. Documentation is also in that folder, which is linked at the bottom of this post.

Credits & Thanks
  • The amazing creators of pkNX, this project would not be possible without their hard work
  • Drayano, for allowing us to reference some of their changes from Renegade Platinum.
  • The creator of Radical Red, soupercell, for allowing us to use certain Pokémon edits from their romhack in ours
  • https://twitter.com/__Toner___ for the logos

Pokejobs being broken is an intentional feature in order to prevent an EXP/EV exploit.
The only part of the Post Game that is currently finished is the Hop & Sordward/Shielbert section. Champions Cup rematches and such are not edited yet.

Last edited by Kobazco,

pato19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Odd, its working for me. I went ahead and reuploaded it just in case so try downloading again and make sure you are putting the item.dat file in the correct place.
Good, redownloaded both, mod and items file. Now medicine pocket is finally working, and shops have all new items.

Ballonea NPC is missing though, but I don't know if maybe I did something wrong in the way

Reactions: Kobazco

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, redownloaded both, mod and items file. Now medicine pocket is finally working, and shops have all new items.

Ballonea NPC is missing though, but I don't know if maybe I did something wrong in the way
Yeah that was my bad haha I forgot to make sure he was in the files for Shield. I'm assuming you're on Shield cause if so I just updated it a few minutes ago so you'll wanna do a fresh install of Blessed Shield if you want him to show up.

Also make sure you exit/reenter the Pokecenter.

If not, I can't get back to check things out until tomorrow probably. I don't have an actual copy of Shield so I can't test it in the same way I can with Sword.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

pato19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah that was my bad haha I forgot to make sure he was in the files for Shield. I'm assuming you're on Shield cause if so I just updated it a few minutes ago so you'll wanna do a fresh install of Blessed Shield if you want him to show up.

Also make sure you exit/reenter the Pokecenter.

If not, I can't get back to check things out until tomorrow probably. I don't have an actual copy of Shield so I can't test it in the same way I can with Sword.

Sorry for the inconveniences!
Lol, no problem. Now redownloaded again, and everything is working as intended. Healing items, NPCs, and new items.

And yes, I'm playing Shield lol

Eevenin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just had the thought. Would you consider changing the mint drops in dynamax raids for something else (possibly more salable items), now that they are purchasable en masse at the Pokémon Centers? It seems as though money is the major roadblock in that case, and it becomes a matter of players choosing how they wish to approach the difficulty curve and raising their teams.

It would give much more freedom to altering teams on the fly, or breeding pokemon specifically for more challenging content. There would still be a grind and effort involved, but taking the randomness of Blissey/Chansey/Audino spawns out of it would probably be a good thing.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just had the thought. Would you consider changing the mint drops in dynamax raids for something else (possibly more salable items), now that they are purchasable en masse at the Pokémon Centers? It seems as though money is the major roadblock in that case, and it becomes a matter of players choosing how they wish to approach the difficulty curve and raising their teams.

It would give much more freedom to altering teams on the fly, or breeding pokemon specifically for more challenging content. There would still be a grind and effort involved, but taking the randomness of Blissey/Chansey/Audino spawns out of it would probably be a good thing.
Raids give out a ton of money giving items, and mints in raids are a good alternative way to get them without paying money. Also remember that the digging duo near the Daycare can get you a TON of high selling items for basically no cost. Always remember what resources are available to you. Mints were always not too difficult to get a hold of if you did your research on what type of raids appear where, think of the shop as an alternative if you absolutely NEED a specific nature that you're just getting unlucky with.

Breeding shouldn't be required, as egg moves have been put into most mon's normal movesets and you don't need anything close to good IVs for this romhack imo although it would be nice. Blissey/Chansey/Audino are fine as is now that they are supplemented with EXP. Candies.

Really you just have to remember this. I can't go too hard with options mainly because there's just so many limitations. I can't set an EXP. cap so I can't just easily give away tons of money etc. Resource management should be important imo and I feel like with raids + watts + shops you should be fine. At least, the time it takes to raise a new mon has definitely been cut down a ton compared to last week.

Personally I'd rather have many ways for players to do things, that all have potential to interact with one another so nothing you do feels like a waste of time. Raids give a ton of useful rewards AND money, and if you get lucky can even save you a lot of money. When you're running around in the overworld, you might get lucky and see a Blissey/Chansey/Audino when you weren't even looking for once and jump at the chance for some bonus EXP. Isn't this all the fun of playing a game like Pokemon? I mean to me what you're describing doesn't sound like a fun grind at all if you're just doing raids to get basically only money to use at shops. Nuggets/other money items are 100% drops in raids past early game, and some wild Pokemon even have held items that can sell of a lot.

Reactions: metalpsi and pato19

mq003at

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Why Water and Grass is just effective against Onix? Isn't it supposed to be x4?
Is it a bug due to the mod?

Also, in the 2nd mine, there is a Stunfish with Water Absorb...

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Water and Grass is just effective against Onix? Isn't it supposed to be x4?
Is it a bug due to the mod?

Also, in the 2nd mine, there is a Stunfish with Water Absorb...
Have you maybe tried reading the documentation? Your questions would easily be answered.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance a version could be made that doesn't change movesets, typing or stats of the pokemon?
I've said this quite a bit, but I've balanced the entire experience around the changes to Pokemon so no. If I did that I'd have to edit every single trainer in the game for such a version. The experience is only complete with all the changes intact, so I won't be spending 10+ hours making it.

nosotros

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOVING the changes in 1.1. Thanks for listening to feedback and finding a middle ground for candies. Gonna have a lot of fun running through the rest of the game.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another preview for everyone!

No more surprise Allister/Bea fight, they get their own little scenario! I'll also be trying to do for Gordie and Melony!

Reactions: kidkat210

pato19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
One question: Have you thought about removing egg steps in order to make breeding more faster or quickly? I know that they aren't needed in order to win later battles, but I'd really like to keep playing this hack after finishing main story (Raids, partners, everything is better than vanilla experience). And shinies or egg moves, but without stupid steps, seems like a lot of fun to do while playing the game.

I don't know if that it's possibly yet in 8th gen, since I don't know how to modify like on previous generations, so sorry if egg cycles can't be modified yet

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: Have you thought about removing egg steps in order to make breeding more faster or quickly? I know that they aren't needed in order to win later battles, but I'd really like to keep playing this hack after finishing main story (Raids, partners, everything is better than vanilla experience). And shinies or egg moves, but without stupid steps, seems like a lot of fun to do while playing the game.

I don't know if that it's possibly yet in 8th gen, since I don't know how to modify like on previous generations, so sorry if egg cycles can't be modified yet
Its funny you ask that, because its actually on my list of things to check whether or not its possible. If it is, it was something I already plan to include in the next update!

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seaking doesnt seem to have the stat changes actually applied that are listed in the changes list Q_Q
I just checked in pkNX, and Seaking does have the stat changes. We haven't edited Pokemon stats in months, so the most recent build uploaded definitely has those changes implemented. If you applied Divine Sword/Blessed Shield midplay through to an unmodified game, you need to level up your Pokemon once for the changes to take affect, although I'd suggest starting a new save file as opposed to doing that.

How long ago did you download this? If it was a while ago I'd suggest updating regardless just in case.

L0ukha

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I just tried installing the game on PC with yuzu, you say in the README.txt that I must name the mod file "Divine Sword/Blessed Shield" exept "/" is not an allowed character, so I named my file without the "/" but now I can't find the mod in the game properties, do you have a solution ? thanks a lot

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! I just tried installing the game on PC with yuzu, you say in the README.txt that I must name the mod file "Divine Sword/Blessed Shield" exept "/" is not an allowed character, so I named my file without the "/" but now I can't find the mod in the game properties, do you have a solution ? thanks a lot
I said to name it Divine Sword/Blessed Shield as in... name it either or based on what version you got. Regardless, the name shouldn't matter. Try restarting Yuzu to see if it shows up, and that you have it in the right path. I can't really help you here anymore than the readme can.

lpgad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the mod on yuzu but the game wont run. when the mod is turned off the game runs fine. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning