pokemon diamond Rare Candies?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Callumwatkin1, May 14, 2007.

May 14, 2007
  1. Callumwatkin1
    OP

Newcomer Callumwatkin1 Member

United Kingdom
    Where do i find them/buy them i want lots lol.

2. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    u find a few around, u cant buy them, also if u use a rare candy it increases stats only half ex if it increases speed by 4 regularly, it will only increase by 2

3. Callumwatkin1
    OP

United Kingdom
    oh i thought it done levels like in the older games.

4. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    There are infinite rare candies once you get access to Battle Points. You can buy rare candy with them.

Technically, rare candy does not harm your Pokemon's stats unless you raise it from 1 to 100 with just the candy.
    If you happen to get a ton of rare candy (Pokesav, or BP), make sure your Pokemon have the Effort ribbon before using them to level your Pokemon to level 100.

You can the effort ribbon by fighting a lot of monsters for EXP.

5. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I believe you can buy Protein and Calcium to boost stats before using a candy though....though I may be wrong?

6. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Yes, vitamins help towards getting the effort ribbon, although you shouldn't be using each one. [​IMG]

If you're not into the whole training mechanics (which can get complicated), just use vitamins and get that effort ribbon before using a rare candy to get to level 100. This will avoid potential stat loss.

7. Callumwatkin1
    OP

United Kingdom
    How do i get battle points?
    Where do i get them?
    and where do i spend them?

8. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Battle Tower would be a nice start. After the E4 and National Dex.

Rare Candy = BAD >_>
    Level 100 Rare Candy Aruseus will get wiped by a level 75 properly trained gliscor.

9. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep I remember this from the Missingno. cheat and unlimited rare candy. Got pwned by friends over link cable.

10. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States

maybe, too bad all my friends also had there pokemon hooked on the "candies" of course the darn people with yellow version........basterds

11. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Lol hooked on candies [​IMG]

Yeah, at that time I was the only person who knew of the cheat though, they all had their levels in the 80s and voiced amazement at my level 99, amazement soon turned to laughter after the inevitable can of ass whoop was opened.

12. Fieryshadowz

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Same as above.. i can rare candy to 100.. do EV training.. then deposit + withdraw.. voila.. same stats as if i did training before lvl 100..

13. ceraphis

Member ceraphis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    whatchoo talkin about with deposit and withdraw what purpose does that serve

14. Fieryshadowz

United States
    it recalculates your stats... so you regain the stats you would have gained if you lvl'd up to 100..

(i magically start from 0 EV's to 510 EV's at lvl 100) i would deposit the pokemon.. and withdraw it.. and the stats will be as if i had the 510 EVs from lvl 99 and lvl'd to 100..

do you get it?

15. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Actually, I read that EV training will NOT work in D/P at level 100 anymore. You only get EVs by getting EXP, and you can't do that at level 100.

I haven't tested it yet, but people have confirmed it. You can only use vitamins at level 100, but even then you can't use more than 10 for each stat.

16. Fieryshadowz

United States
    and where did you read that?

17. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Hate to say it, but from Gamefaqs. Do a quick search of "100" and go to the topic that talks about EVs at 100.

EDIT: If you don't have an account, here are some posts about it:

"You can gain EVs from Vitamins at Level 100, but not from battles.

Pokemon only receive EVs from battle when they receive Experience Points from battle.

Level 100 Pokemon no longer receive Experience Points from battle."

"You don't gain EVs from battle if you don't gain EXP. Level 100 Pokemon don't gain EXP anymore."

18. hevyhomie

Newcomer hevyhomie Member

United States
    i don't know if this question pertains to this post, but it is about Pokemon.
    how does EV training exactly work(i haven't been playing since gold/silver/crystal)?
    thanks in advance

19. Fieryshadowz

United States
    dam that stops people from redoing EV points with berries... [​IMG]

20. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    To put it in a nutshell, every time you get a new Pokemon, they have a total of 0 Effort Values (EVs) points out of 510 (hatching or catching).

Each stat has a max total of 255 possible EV points.

You can get EV points from Vitamins and battling. As long as a Pokemon that gets exp from an enemy Pokemon, they'll get EV points from the monster. Each Pokemon gives different EVs. Absol gives 2 EV points in Attack, while Muk gives you 1 EV in HP and 1 EV in Attack.

Vitamins give 10 EV points in their respective stat, but you can't give a Pokemon a vitamin if they have already 100 EVs in that stat. For example, if you have an Eevee with 0 attack evs, you can give it 10 proteins before the game doesn't let you give anymore to Eevee.

Now, what do EVs affect? Basically every 4 EVs you have in a stat you get +1 point to your Pokemon's final stat at level 100.
    You can get a total of 63! extra stat points if you were to have a total of 252 EVs in one stat.
    You can only manually record your EV points, and once you get a total of 510, that lady in Sunyshore gives you the effort ribbon. You can reduce EV points using certain berries.

There is a much better detailed guide over at GFaqs in the Pokemon Emerald section FAQs. [​IMG]

I'm getting better at explaining this XD